MasterKitteh
katt_goddess

[Official] RC Season 1 Discussion Thread

I've been dancing in anticipation about this privately for awhile now and it's mostly finally ready for you guys to play with so I'm unleashing some of it for you now...

See that locked and floated thread up there about Robot Chicken's first season? That, my delightful little connoisseurs of hawt stop-action actions, is part 1 of our board's new wiki. :smileyhappy:

If anyone has noticed, in the links at the very top of every page, there's a link for shows. If you go there, you can hit up the Robot Chicken specific wiki area but...well...it needs more info and more organization. For example, the links aren't in an easy-to-find sort of way. There's plenty in there but they aren't exactly listed either by season or episode. It can be like hunting for an GI Joe head in a toybox full of Barbie heads some days. :smileyvery-happy: It needed a little more organization but doing that on the WS end was going to be way the hades too labor-intensive. That 'Family Guy' pinball machine ain't gonna play itself, dang it! But in seriousness, the link organizing takes mondo time; time that needs to be spread out for a hundred other projects of equal or greater value than catering to one show specifically that has over 1,000 individual clips already loaded with a butt-ton and a half more in the wings somewhere.

This is changing.

As can be seen from that thread, organization is occuring. :smileywink: Each season and each Star Wars Special will be getting their own wiki thread here on the boards proper. Their bare bones will of course be the organizing, shorty summarizing, and direct link whenever possible, of each and every RC clip that is currently loaded and ready to rock legally via [as] . Now people will be able to hopefully find that one particular clip they want and / or find out what season / episode something was on more quickly and efficiently than before. Please note that not all the clips have been officially linked in there yet - I'm still going through and checking things and doing all that fun stuff but in the end, whatever can be linked in there will be linked in there. You'll now be able to irritate your friends with insta-links of weirdness! :smileyvery-happy:

But more importantly, these board-side wikis will have something even more important that the WS-side ones kinda are missing. You. Updating the WS-side one is almost as time-consuming as gathering up and organizing the link datas because every change had to go through an Admin and / or code monkey directly at WS. And they have a ton of things they're doing at any given time so not everything that gets submitted gets dealt with quickly. The board-side wiki pages are going to be far quicker to change as people submit their infos because now they won't have to wait for an Admin to necessarily press the 'Pass' button, just for one of your lowly RC HELPeR creatures to log on and get to work. :smileywink:

The various wiki threads themselves will remain locked to keep the info straight-forward within it but we HELPeRs have the ability to edit in there with no time limit so any time there's trivia to input for a particular episode, channel flip, toy used, whatever, it should be able to be placed in there without problems. :smileywink: If it's not something that is super obvious, please list what episode and channel flip you are referring to when submitting trivia funs for quick and efficient placement. Things posted are still subject to the TOS, naturally, and will be seen by the Admins and Mods but I'm confident that ya'll already know that. :smileyvery-happy:

So that's where this thread comes in. This is the open thread for the Season One Wiki Stuffs. Post all your questions, comments, trivia, concerns, problems regarding Season One stuff in this thread to be answered and / or included in the actual Wiki thingie itself. Season One only, please. As there will be open threads for Seasons 2,3,4 and the Star Wars Specials [1 and 2 can both be contained in a single discussion thread please due to trivia overlap :smileywink: ], others can feel free to grab OP rights for the other threads and start doing the same info gatherings for those. :smileyhappy:

And above all, let's have some fraking fun with this. :smileyvery-happy: This is the start of our very own Encyclopedia Chickanica after all. :smileyvery-happy:

Discuss!

Current Bump Thread : "Dear [adult swim] - Fight The Twits Edition " thread & posting normal on boards and Bump Builder.
It's an Unholy Communion! Honest! Check it out at 8 min in...Wanna join the 'Unholy Communion' yourself? Hit us up... [SHOTTS #8]
Will Kill Threads For Food...HELPeR for Code Geass, Robot Chicken, and ThunderCats - come on over and wow me sometime...
Robot Chicken Project is now officially go - Season [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6], [7] [SW1], [SW2][SW3], [RC:smileyvery-happy:C].

Currently reading : [asmb] BotM...a year's backlog of Shonen Jumps...
thumbslave to Rakshata the kitten - DethKlok Roadie #541-C :smileyvery-happy:
Honorary Snarky Bitch of the [asmb] ...

This is what the hole in my soul looks like...
Kittehfamous
Alchemistress

Re: [Official] RC Season 1 Discussion Thread

Reply to katt_goddess - Message ID#: 53879960

That is some HARD CORE work !!

Cool!

WOLF's RAIN APRIL 2013
The Wolf's Rain Folder is open for a limited time, and we're watching on Hulu
C'mon on over & join the search for Paradise :smileywink:
You can't find the link from the main page, so bookmark or float the above link
KittehNerd
Miss_Robot_Chick

This is an event that requires nothing other than a........PARTY!!!
It is quite remarkable.

What can I really say about Season 1 though?

Hmmmmm, it was the start of what would soon become the greatest invention EVER!

If not for Season 1, where would most of us even be? Dead in gutters? Prostitutes? President Of The USA? Winner of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

It's uncertain, but without Robot Chicken I feel our lives would have turned out so much more different than their current form.

Thank you season 1 for bringing Robot Chicken to our existence. No matter how amazing or bad our lives could have been without you, I wouldn't change a thing.

I'd rather experience stop motion brilliance any day of the week over having complete dominance over America.

Although, it would have been amazing to have enforced some sort of 'Robot Chicken will be the only thing shown on TV' policy, but oh well.

Awesome signature, great job!
MasterKitteh
katt_goddess

Ok, let's jump start peoples' contributions with something fairly simple like the Stoopid Monkey at the end of every episode. :smileyhappy: Season One only in this thread.

Current Bump Thread : "Dear [adult swim] - Fight The Twits Edition " thread & posting normal on boards and Bump Builder.
It's an Unholy Communion! Honest! Check it out at 8 min in...Wanna join the 'Unholy Communion' yourself? Hit us up... [SHOTTS #8]
Will Kill Threads For Food...HELPeR for Code Geass, Robot Chicken, and ThunderCats - come on over and wow me sometime...
Robot Chicken Project is now officially go - Season [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6], [7] [SW1], [SW2][SW3], [RC:smileyvery-happy:C].

MasterKitteh
katt_goddess

Good news, everybody! ...wait, wrong show. :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway, due to the filter setting on the boards, there are some links within the Directory that aren't so fresh. It was a known problem but since it didn't affect a butt-ton of them, they were all posted anyway with the hopes of fixing them in the future.

That future is now. :smileyhappy:

We are now able to fix all the wonky links in the Directory so you'll actually be able to get where you want to. So if any of ya'll come across a link that doesn't work / takes you to an error page, let us know and we'll see about fixing those pesky bad links. :smileyhappy:

Looking forward to working with and for ya'll on this ongoing project. :smileyhappy:

MasterKitteh
katt_goddess

Reply to katt_goddess - Message ID#: 55266725

Season 1 links have been checked and what bad links I found have been poked into working order again. So go ahead and test drive some and let me know if everything is rolling smoothly! :smileyhappy:

MasterKitteh
katt_goddess

Reply to katt_goddess - Message ID#: 55290663

Update time! [for all 3 of you that are lurking here right now :smileytongue: ]

Further clips have been linked into ye ol' Season One. And since there currently isn't a discussion thread for the Star Wars Specials, some of the extended DVD-only clips have also been checked and linked into the RC : SW II wiki. :smileyhappy: