08-27-2010 04:18 PM - edited 09-12-2010 09:34 PM
Come one, come all to the Robot Chicken's "We're Insane!" Last-Post-Wins Contest!
"Hey!" You may be saying to yourself, "Hey! Don't these sort of threads scream 'death sentence' to the joys and wonders that are posting on the [asmb]? Isn't something like this considered spam and therefore fried in the wrath of Mod and mashed with banstick?"
Why yes, yes they are! But wait! There's more!
This is not some random piggy-product-laden thread where you free-for-all for post count, reveling in the naughtiness of it all before everything implodes. This one has "Teh RULEZ!"
- This thread will last for 1,000 posts. It will be attacked by the dreaded Lock Monster at that time while the final tallies are made and the ultimate winner of ultimate destiny is decided. Thread wil reopen with the announcement of the winner.
- You are allowed to post ONCE per half hour ONLY. To simplify things for people [so no one has to try to figure out the timing on their posts], the time slots are :00 - :29 and :30 - :59 respectively. So watch the time stamping on your posts and you should do just fine.
- Contestants post MUST be the name of ONE Character in the show and what Channel Flip they were in. This will be worth +1.
--> Bonus point is awarded if contestant names who did the Voice Acting of the character in question. So, that would mean the whole post is +2.
An example of an acceptable entry post would be: "the Robot Chicken. Seen in the opening sequence of every episode getting fixed up and strapped down. [No Voice Credit because he is a mute]."
This post would be worth +2 because the character is indeed a mute. But don't worry about trying to tally your own post's points, I'll worry about keeping up with that. Voice Credit info will also be double-checked.
- No repeat Characters + Channel Flip entries. So no going auto-pilot on this for points and no piggy-backing someone else's previous post for points. I'mma gonna make you peeps do yer homeworks. Points go to the first person to post said Character + Channel Flip.
- Person who posts the 1,000th post gets an automatic +5 for the game provided that their post is on-topic to the game [so no spam post for the finale].
- No Spam or Off-Topic postings in this thread. It is purely for contestants entering official entry thingies. You want to discuss or comment on the proceedings in this thread, feel free to make a separate thread for that. That includes questions about the rules as currently posted, m'kay? This thread needs to stay on the thin and narrow to help make it easy for people to see what's already been posted. Spam may be met with the dreaded destructo-ray of destructiveness so let's not bring forth the smell of burnt hair in here.
- Person with the most points at the end of the game WINS!
And what is the Prize?
A Brand New Custom RANK!
But seriously, yeah, a custom rank will be awarded to the one with the most points by grace of Admin.
Winner will be announced in this thread once all the scores have been tallied up and this thread will be re-opened for comments, congrats, suggestions for future contests of this nature or where to get the best zombie kibbles, and should the winner wish - their publically stated Custom Rank request with matching colored sn luggage, a year supply of imaginary Lice-a-Roni [the San Francisco treat for the scalp of your imagination], and the Fonz going "A!" with both thumbs way up.**
Now let the games begin!
**Disclaimer: All prizes other than the Custom Rank subject to availability. The Fonz may also be substituted with Lando Calrissian.
09-02-2010 03:17 AM - edited 09-02-2010 03:19 AM
So uh I wan't planning on entering this but this place looks dead and I am bored at 3:00am.
So do we start now or when?
Channel Flip: He is in a city like grand theft auto and he ends up picking up a hooker, doing drugs, and running over people until he has a shoot out with the cops.
Voice Actor: Adam Talbott
Is that right? Also will I be able to do other characters that were in that channel flip? Same scene but different character.
09-02-2010 03:33 AM
Character: The Joker
Channel Flip: In Arkham Asylum tricking Batman into going into a sewage pipe and then flushing the toilet with him in it.
VA: Mark Hamill
09-02-2010 04:05 AM
09-02-2010 04:38 AM
09-02-2010 05:04 AM
09-02-2010 05:37 AM
09-02-2010 01:42 PM
09-02-2010 02:28 PM
09-02-2010 02:33 PM
09-02-2010 03:03 PM
09-02-2010 03:58 PM
09-02-2010 04:03 PM
09-02-2010 04:44 PM
09-02-2010 05:18 PM
Character: Walt Disney
Channel Flip: Disney is revived and put onto a machine's body. He eats kids and tries to eat a kid from Cuba but is killed by Castro.
VA: Kurtwood Smith
09-02-2010 05:34 PM
Channel Flip: In the bloopers Pikachu and Squirtle are acting like Pokemon until Squirtle has enough of it.
VA: Seth Green
09-02-2010 06:04 PM
Last one for now. I hope I am doing all this right.
Channel Flip: Garfiled is in court against Heathcliff
VA: Fred Tatasciore
09-02-2010 09:54 PM - edited 09-02-2010 09:58 PM
Channel Flip: He is in a big race with other characters until one of the batmobile's equipment kills a cop and they wreck.
VA: Seth Green
09-02-2010 10:03 PM
09-02-2010 10:53 PM
09-02-2010 11:10 PM
09-02-2010 11:59 PM
09-03-2010 12:03 AM
09-03-2010 03:38 AM
Channel flip: Butt-head teams up with the Teen Titans along with Beavis.
VA: Dan Milano
09-03-2010 04:08 AM
Channel Flip: Fights a villian and enlists help from Beavis and Butt-head.
VA: Seth Green
TM & © 2013 Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.
AdultSwim.com is part of Turner Entertainment Digital which is part of the Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network.