Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimSuperfan
Kodai_Okuda

Back Door schedule March 14...

Shows an entirely new Saturday night lineup.

Here it is;

10:00 p.m. King Of the Hill  (Portrait of the Artist as a Young Clown)

10:30 p.m. King Of the Hill  (You Gotta Believe)

11:00 p.m. American Dad
11:30 p.m. Robot Chicken  (password: Swordfish)    TV-MA

11:45 p.m. Robot Chicken  (Massage Chair)    TV-MA

12:00 a.m. Star Wars: The Clone Wars  (Ambush)    TV-PGV

12:30 a.m. Bleach (Episode 104)    TV-14V

1:00 a.m. Bleach (Episode 105)   TV-14V

1:30 a.m. Code Geass (Day a Demon Awakens, Episode 1 of R2)    TV-14V

2:00 a.m. Code Geass (Plan For Independent Japan, Episdoe 2 of R2)    TV-14V

2:30 a.m. Fullmetal Alchemist (Soul of the Guardian)    TV-PGV

3:00 a.m. Death Note (Matsuda)    TV-14

3:30 a.m. Ghost In The Shell (Captivated)    TV-14LV

4:00 a.m. Cowboy Bebop (Wild Horses)    TV-14

4:30 a.m. Big O (Eyewitness)    TV-PGV

5:00 a.m. Inuyasha (Lake of the Evil Water God)    TV-14

5:30 a.m. Inuyasha (Miroku Falls Into A Dangerous Trap)    TV-14

Looks like there's two episodes of Bleach and Code Geass on and Geass is starting over at episode 1 of R2 (which I don't mind).

Star Wars the Clone Wars will be added to [as] apparently (which is very good IMHO, it makes for a very fine lead in to anime and is actually an AMERICAN ACTION SHOW (its about time IMO :smileyhappy: ).

This lineup ought to do quite well IMHO and may even boost Saturday's ratings to those on par with Sundays (500,000-1,000,000 viewer range).

We can only hope. :smileyhappy:

SwimSuperfan
Kodai_Okuda

Re: Back Door schedule March 14...

Reply to Kodai_Okuda - Message ID#: 48703640

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

I doubt this is actually going to happen. This has to be a mistake. I don't even mind any of the changes, but I refuse to believe that whoever's schedueling for AS would be stupid enough to put Star Wars The Clone Wars on.
SwimSuperfan
Kodai_Okuda

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 48703680

I understand your feelings DLK but the backdoor schedule is seldom wrong...that's not to say it's never wrong...just not often.

I can see SW:TCW on [as] as our economy starts to tank...CN already has contracts for it up the wazoo and it has considerable replay value.

Sci-Fi fans like myself enjoy the premiers of the show on Fridays (not sure about Saturdays, but we'll see) and since CN and [as] aren't really acquiring that much in the way of new programming (AFAIK) it stands to reason for them to add a TV-PG-V show from CN to [as].

I have a feeling that as Turner's stock decreases so will the hours (and perhaps even days) that [Adult Swim] is broadcast on Cartoon Network.

[as] came into being during the so called "dot.boom" it stands to reason that now that many of the original shows aren't doing quite as well as before (compared to the Fox shows) that [as] may become a sort of late-night Cartoon Network (possibly with ACTN shows in the early evening, American and anime, and comedy shows later).

That's assuming this Back Door schedule is going to pan out...which considering Turner stock dipped below $7.00 a share today before going back up to $7.25, I'd say is a real possibility.

Boomerang and [as] don't make the kind of cash that CN does and CN is nothing compared to other Turner networks like CNN, TBS, or TCM so the Williams Street's cut of the pie is going to shrink...it has too.

SwimHELPeR
Metatronda

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:
I doubt this is actually going to happen. This has to be a mistake. I don't even mind any of the changes, but I refuse to believe that whoever's schedueling for AS would be stupid enough to put Star Wars The Clone Wars on.

This isn't the kind of thing that happens because of a "mistake."

Bleach episodes don't double up and Geass doesn't reboot with double episodes accidentally. Besides, schedule glitches happen at the end of the month, not a week in.

I'd say it's about 99.5% likely that it's a legit schedule change.

And I mean seriously, you guys REALLY never thought Clone Wars would end up on [as]? Really?
SwimNerd

Kodai_Okuda wrote:

This lineup ought to do quite well IMHO and may even boost Saturday's ratings to those on par with Sundays (500,000-1,000,000 viewer range).

hahahahahahahahahahaha :smileyvery-happy:

ADULTSWIM.COM IS THE WORST BOARD ON THE INTERNET

Adultswim.com is the worst board on the internet.

Order of the Kitty
Jeffchao228

Also when it is letting go of The PJs seeing that they are still having premiers too.
Since this is not much of a sig, I will say this, to anyone who wants to hate Toonami's Return or anything related to it without having to troll members of other message boards visiting the ASMB as well as the member here,

Want Adventure Time Discussions?

Head Over to quantized television psychotics, where if you are a big Fan and are the Righteous viewer, this show is perfect for you.

Also You are speaking to a member who is also a Proud Venture Brothers Fan, and will continue to do so, Go Team Venture!
SwimHotshot
trogov

i have mixed emotions about this

i mean.. i dislike the Star Wars series... couldnt get into it... but as you said, it could bring in more ratings

anime is now bumped up... and Bleach doubles up is nice (even though im not a huge fan of it)

Code Geass R2 doubles up... is nice (even though im not a huge fan of it)

no ShinChan makes me a little sad.. but ill live

over all... i agree that this schedule change could in fact help [as] out and maybe possible bring in more ratings for anime.... 

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to Kodai_Okuda - Message ID#: 48703799

If this is a legit change, me and AS are going to have to have a long talk about our relationship.
SwimHELPeR
Metatronda

Reply to konvsjason - Message ID#: 48704835

Honestly, I don't really get what you guys are complaining about.

The PJs are gone. Anime is extended by a half hour. Action is extended by a full hour. Comedy is reduced to only 2 hours (one of which is the mandatory KOTH hour).

The only lamentable things are that Shin is gone from the schedule, and Geass is rebooting again (I have a feeling this is another "dub delay" issue).
SwimNerd
RaidonMakoto

Reply to Metatronda - Message ID#: 48706587

No! The Clone Wars is a steaming pile of crap. If [as] wants Star Wars, put on the Genndy Series instead.

Or, hell, if they're adding CN-originals to AS, bring back Samurai Jack or Megas XLR. Or IGPX even. Just not Clone Wars.

Oh, and Geass reboot is made of fail. Double Bleach will be awesome when they get back to canon material.

12.0 #Bleach | 12.5 #Samurai7 | 1.0 #CasshernSins | 1.5 #Eureka7 | 2.0 #FMABrotherhood | 2.5 #GITS
The future is secure -- Saturdays at Midnight
Only #TOONAMI on [@adultswim].
[Adults Love It]

Order of the Owl
covered_in_sponges

I feel good about this. I've only ever seen the star wars show once, but I know people who love it and never miss an episode. Should deffinately be a ratings boost, and, if successful, might be picked up for further seasons- seasons which are more suited for [as] than CN.

Also lulz at people who are/will be threatening to leave because of action getting a fair shake for once. :smileyvery-happy:

I'd like to thank everyone who participated and voted for an awesome competition.

Second Place- Grave by Kohikki

Third Place- Neon Genesis Evan-DELI-on by Gaynor

Also Third Place- Prophet By BadWitch

SwimNerd
RaidonMakoto

Reply to covered_in_sponges - Message ID#: 48706788

covered_in_sponges wrote:

I feel good about this. I've only ever seen the star wars show once, but I know people who love it and never miss an episode. Should deffinately be a ratings boost, and, if successful, might be picked up for further seasons- seasons which are more suited for [as] than CN.

Also lulz at people who are/will be threatening to leave because of action getting a fair shake for once. :smileyvery-happy:

Hey, I'm fine with everything else but Clone Wars. Again, there are so many other American-Action programs that [as] has access to that could be shown instead of TCW. TCW was meant for kids, plain and simple. If this was Toonami, it would be another story, but its not. This is [adult swim].

[/angrystarwarsnerd]

12.0 #Bleach | 12.5 #Samurai7 | 1.0 #CasshernSins | 1.5 #Eureka7 | 2.0 #FMABrotherhood | 2.5 #GITS
[Adults Love It]

SwimHotshot
funky_branca

[ Edited ]

I'm not too sure about this.

Despite you all saying it's more than likely not, I'm sort of hoping it is an error. Not too enthralled about the idea of SW:TCW on AS myself. It's an alright show, it got better as it went on, but it being on AS just seems so...odd. And Geass rebooting is sort of a pain.

Message Edited by funky_branca on 03-07-2009 03:31 PM
now with one of those 3DS doohickeys (FC: 0963-0360-1451)
twitter ••• last.fm ••• tumblr
SwimHELPeR
Metatronda

[ Edited ]

Reply to RaidonMakoto - Message ID#: 48706831

So then don't watch Clone Wars. You STILL get your anime earlier than you used to.

Also, Bleach was meant for kids too. It just happens to be Japanese in origin, so that makes it "cool." Nice double standard you've got going there.

Besides, Clone Wars isn't really an American series anyway. It was animated in Singapore.
Message Edited by Metatronda on 03-07-2009 03:26 PM
SwimIcon
MasterSamson

Reply to Metatronda - Message ID#: 48706587

2 Bleach episodes? Would that make it so we speed through this filler faster?
SwimHELPeR
Metatronda

Reply to MasterSamson - Message ID#: 48708009

MasterSamson wrote:
2 Bleach episodes? Would that make it so we speed through this filler faster?

No.
SwimIcon
MasterSamson

Reply to Metatronda - Message ID#: 48708106

Heh a repeat episode then.
SwimHipster
midnightzombie

Reply to trogov - Message ID#: 48705535

is this schedule even real?
want something better?

Adult Swim : [adult swim] TV : Schedule : a better schedule

enjoy the deliciousness
SwimNerd
RaidonMakoto

Reply to midnightzombie - Message ID#: 48710110

midnightzombie wrote:
is this schedule even real?

It is. Look at [as].com's schedule page.

[Adults Love It]

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to covered_in_sponges - Message ID#: 48706788

covered_in_sponges wrote:

I don't see a single poster in this thread saying anything like that...

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to Metatronda - Message ID#: 48707647

Metatronda wrote:
Besides, Clone Wars isn't really an American series anyway. It was animated in Singapore.

That doesn't mean it's not an American series. There are very few things animated in America because it's just not cost effective to animate them there. But saying that Cone Wars isn't a real American series because it was animated in Singapore is like saying Family Guy, American Dad and Clerks aren't real American series because they were animated in Korea. 

SwimHotshot
funky_branca

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 48710591

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:

Cone Wars

Time to break out the tablet and the photoshop.

Also, I see it's on the schedule page now too. Still hoping for an error, since I was just getting into Geass and a reboot is a pain, but I suppose I'll get used to it. I need to give SWTCW another chance anyway (I liked one of the later episodes and I need to watch some more). I still find it so odd, but I'll get used to it.

now with one of those 3DS doohickeys (FC: 0963-0360-1451)
twitter ••• last.fm ••• tumblr
SwimHELPeR
Metatronda

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 48710591

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:

Metatronda wrote:

That doesn't mean it's not an American series. There are very few things animated in America because it's just not cost effective to animate them there. But saying that Cone Wars isn't a real American series because it was animated in Singapore is like saying Family Guy, American Dad and Clerks aren't real American series because they were animated in Korea.

The difference is that virtually nothing happens in Korea for those shows other than the base animation. Lucasfilm, on the other hand, built an entire campus in Singapore to house virtually the entire production of Clone Wars. It's very much a Singapore production being run by a US company, with only some supplemental work being done in California.
SwimHipster
midnightzombie

HOLY fuuuuuudgeIN SHIHIT-IZZLE! the changed it. im ok with the clonewars thing, ok with the bleach thing, but im not ok with having to start all over with code geass. but then again, their going two at a time, so it isnt so bad. ROCK ON FOR SHIZZLE! SNOOGE TO THE NOOGE!
want something better?

Adult Swim : [adult swim] TV : Schedule : a better schedule

enjoy the deliciousness