Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimHELPeR
ALchemist81

Re: Adultswim needs more anime!

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63516583

Uhhh, Hulu has a crap-ton, dubbed AND subbed, and it's all free...

That being said, I rarely ever watch it because streaming framerates are much slower than TV, and it experiences slowdown problems when there's lots of action, but it's there...
Get Ready for the 2nd episode of the long-awaited, thrilling conclusion of the epic feudal fairy tale!! InuYasha: The Final Act on Toonami THIS SATURDAY NIGHT at 2 AM!
But first, Attack On Titan goes all Full Metal Jacket on us at 11:30 before Gohan reveals a new ability on DBZ Kai at midnight! Next, the showdown between Orochimaru and Yamato heats up on Shippuden at 12:30, and One Piece goes back to the beginning at 1 before team Dai-Gurren finally makes it to the Capital City Teppelin in Gurren Lagann at 1:30. After that InuYasha's on the scene at 2 in the Final Act before a great late late late night of classics, with Space Dandy at 3, Cowboy Bebop at 3:30, FMA:B at 4, a never-before-seen-on-Toonami episode of Ghost In The Shell at 4:30, The Big O at 5, and Samurai Jack at 5:30!
JUST ANNOUNCED: HELLSING ULTIMATE 9 WILL AIR AT MIDNIGHT ON DECEMBER 6TH TO KICK OFF TOONAMI'S 2ND ANNUAL MONTH OF MOVIES!!
SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201

Reply to ALchemist81 - Message ID#: 63526059

I've never had that issue with Hulu, but I access it through the Xbox Live and iPad apps, respectively.

Either way it beats the crap out of Adult Swim's puny, boring offerings.
oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63526661

I'll agree there

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

SwimSuperfan

ALchemist81 wrote:
Uhhh, Hulu has a crap-ton, dubbed AND subbed, and it's all free...

That being said, I rarely ever watch it because streaming framerates are much slower than TV, and it experiences slowdown problems when there's lots of action, but it's there...

Mostly subbed. I prefer dubbed.

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

[ Edited ]

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63516583

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

DVD's, BD's, Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, and I could go on...

You are able to, you just refuse to.

Netflix has a low amount.

LOL wut?

There's over 100 anime on Netflix right now. Only about 10 are not dubbed.

Man... this just proves you don't appreciate what you have no matter how much you have.

Sure they don't have Dragon Ball but there's plenty of anime on there to keep you busy. Ironically some of which you aleady watched and otherwise would be happy to see available to you (Orphen and Darker than Black for 2).

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimSuperfan
rumbatubbies-ok

I barely use Hulu since they go overboard with advertisements. I also hated it how they demanded youtube to take down the joke HuIu account.

SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201

Reply to rumbatubbies-ok - Message ID#: 63539575

They made their own account, so I see why.

I use Hulu Plus, so maybe that explains my lack of these issues.
oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63542897

Just to remind everyone...

I'm not rich. I am in fact flat broke pretty much.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63546271

You can afford a computer.

Have you seen FUNi's Youtube page? There's a ton of full series there for free, dubbed. Better than AS's bullcrap.

Or do you just like to whine for the sake of whining?

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63508663

Heh...

"Bandai Japan demanded that Bandai Entertainment get the original '70s Mobile Suit Gundam series on Cartoon Network, despite the fact it was 20 years old, looked 20 years old, and was waaaaaaaay too boring for young American audiences. Cartoon Network, not being insane, refused. Bandai Japan then paid CN to run the original Gundam anime, thus #### up the Toonami block for years -- because once CN got paid to run an anime, the CN executives weren't going to run any anime without getting a check for it first. If you've ever wondered why an anime that would seemingly have been perfect for Toonami never, chances are it's because the licensor couldn't afford CN's asking price."

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/01/bandai_entertainment_1998-201
2.php

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63575883

Tl;dr: animu is boned forever, all hail Tim and Eric.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63575883

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Heh...

"Bandai Japan demanded that Bandai Entertainment get the original '70s Mobile Suit Gundam series on Cartoon Network, despite the fact it was 20 years old, looked 20 years old, and was waaaaaaaay too boring for young American audiences. Cartoon Network, not being insane, refused. Bandai Japan then paid CN to run the original Gundam anime, thus #### up the Toonami block for years -- because once CN got paid to run an anime, the CN executives weren't going to run any anime without getting a check for it first. If you've ever wondered why an anime that would seemingly have been perfect for Toonami never, chances are it's because the licensor couldn't afford CN's asking price."

2.php

Now here I thought Bandai was the only company that paid CN to run their shows and they didn't start doing that until say Gundam SEED but now that I hear it dates all the way back to the broadcast of MSG, that puts a whole new spin on things.

No wonder so many Bandai shows ended up on Cartoon Network after that point.

Viz probably had similar deals until but did not want to pay CN to play Naruto when Disney would pay them to run Shippuden.

FUNimation on the other hand had top rated Dragon Ball series which they could get CN to pay for but after some FUNimation show's didn't meet expecations they saw no reason to continue that relationship with FUNimation and FUNimation decided they didn't need Cartoon Network.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63577375

Jeebus201 wrote:
Tl;dr: animu is boned forever, all hail Tim and Eric.

I think we've just realized why other anime other than Bleach still air.

They got paid to air some of them.

Well that explains Kekkaishi better than anything else.

I was always pretty sure Aniplex US was paying them to play DRR.

And shows they get paid to play can get low ratings and still keep airing for however long they're under contract. And after that situation they had with Bandai and Code Geass a few years back they know better than to squelch on a contract.

Well... I guess for the most part they're not playing anime out of the goodness of their hearts or whatever (except stuff like Bebop, Big O and FLCL which they clearly love).

I wonder who is paying who for Bleach I wonder? I'd imagine with the ratings it can pull CN might be paying Viz for it at this point but then again... who knows?

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63579751

Still waiting for them to announce something new...

Member of the A.F.A.
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63588855

DemandingAnime wrote:

Still waiting for them to announce something new...

aren't we all

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63579751

I wouldn't read too much into it. Who knows if [as] is paid to air most anime they get.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63588855

Same, but I knew they'd run into this ro#### sooner or later. The shows coming out of Japan now, most wouldn't work, and as for older titles, they are either OOP, or would bomb on the channel now.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63595569

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into it. Who knows if [as] is paid to air most anime they get.

If they didn't get paid to play Kekkaishi then I'm just that much disappointed with their anime decisions.

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63596217

Now now, don't let your dislike of the show get in the way.:smileytongue:

Order of the Kitty
RPD

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63596217

Sketchor wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

If they didn't get paid to play Kekkaishi then I'm just that much disappointed with their anime decisions.

They would have had to pay me to show it. Would have had to pay me twice that to watch it...

SwimSuperfan
KouTheMad

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63578625

Sketchor wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Heh...

2.php

Now here I thought Bandai was the only company that paid CN to run their shows and they didn't start doing that until say Gundam SEED but now that I hear it dates all the way back to the broadcast of MSG, that puts a whole new spin on things.

No wonder so many Bandai shows ended up on Cartoon Network after that point.

Viz probably had similar deals until but did not want to pay CN to play Naruto when Disney would pay them to run Shippuden.

FUNimation on the other hand had top rated Dragon Ball series which they could get CN to pay for but after some FUNimation show's didn't meet expecations they saw no reason to continue that relationship with FUNimation and FUNimation decided they didn't need Cartoon Network.

is this why Toonami went under?

Let The Insanity Commence!

Let Us Not Suffer the Heretic or the Tsundere, the Moe or the Loli, the Little Sister or Terrible Writing, Let Them be Purged by Imperial Flame, Amen.
SwimSuperfan

Reply to KouTheMad - Message ID#: 63596481

BTW... I am at the edge of truly losing my sanity.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63600941

Yeah... what did you end up watching yesterday with no Bleach and probably no access to Naruto Shippuden and Dragon Ball rips?

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

[ Edited ]

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63602089

Probably the wall, while I was catching up on my anime schedule, mainly One Piece on Hulu.

On a side-note, I wonder if he'll go crazy over possible rips of this thing. Contains English subs, and the English dub.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0071X0O00

I'll be happy to actually BUY it later this year, whether Aniplex brings it over or not.

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63600941

That's nice. To regain it, how about you visit one of these sites in this list?

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?7369-Free-Lega
l-Streaming-Anime-Master-List-v2