Awesome Kitteh

Re: Adultswim needs more anime!

[ Edited ]

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63729395

Sketchor wrote:
Oh how I wish such things were entitely unavailable.

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED.

My option is now running away like a scared little girl. Dragon Ball Movie 2 will be the last thing I watch before ANOTHER indefinite hold this time for an unknown length of time.

I'm going to go check myself into a mental hospital now...

DemandingAnime

2009-2012

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
Awesome Kitteh
KouTheMad

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63755665

really?

Let The Insanity Commence!
KittehStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63729395

Even better, get rid of every way to watch anime, and make the only way to watch anime (Lets say it's impossible to pirate.) through Blu-ray imports with English subtitles. It's only $350 a box set.:smileytongue:

Let's see how he'd deal with that.

Honestly DA, it's pathetic. You're in NORTH AMERICA, where anime is stupidly cheap (Many are arguing it's underpriced.), and you have legal streams everywhere. There is no excuse to pirate things that you can very well watch. I have no sympathy for people involved in that lawsuit Toei Animation filed againt 860 some pirates for this reason. They were downloading legal stream rips of FUNimation's simulcast for One Piece, and they were all AMERICANS, not Europeans, not Australians, AMERICANS who have so much One Piece online legally for free. There was no excuse, and as such, there should be no sympathy for them.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-07/toei-animation-su
es-869-bittorrent-users-over-one-pi...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/02/09/toei-files-lawsu
it-against-869-internet-pirates-of-...

BTW DA, you could give FUNimation like $7 a month for their elite subscription service. More dubs that don't get taken down for a while, and in HD with no ads.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven)
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Kittehmortal
westpark

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63755665

You realize you can watch anime illegally(wink wink nod nod) online right? Its not that hard to google, if you absolutely don't care about the industry & just want ur fix

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
Kittehmortal
westpark

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63779353

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Even better, get rid of every way to watch anime, and make the only way to watch anime (Lets say it's impossible to pirate.) through Blu-ray imports with English subtitles. It's only $350 a box set.:smileytongue:

Honestly DA, it's pathetic. You're in NORTH AMERICA, where anime is stupidly cheap (Many are arguing it's underpriced.), and you have legal streams everywhere. There is no excuse to pirate things that you can very well watch. I have no sympathy for people involved in that lawsuit Toei Animation filed againt 860 some pirates for this reason. They were downloading legal stream rips of FUNimation's simulcast for One Piece, and they were all AMERICANS, not Europeans, not Australians, AMERICANS who have so much One Piece online legally for free. There was no excuse, and as such, there should be no sympathy for them.

BTW DA, you could give FUNimation like $7 a month for their elite subscription service. More dubs that don't get taken down for a while, and in HD with no ads.

I dunno know -- you sue somebody then they tell all their irl friends & all their fb friends.....is that a good business decision?

The entire economy based off of intellectual property enforcement is getting undermined by the open source culture of the internet. They sound frankly like those music labels who were suing ppl a few yrs back over downloading -- it won't gain them any new customers & will only #### the sued ones & all their friends off won't it?

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
Awesome Kitteh

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

NO MONEY.

Member of the A.F.A.
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

I alread bought CODE GEASS R2 for $25

and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for anything else

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

MasterKitteh
Sketchor

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 63780579

westpark wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

I dunno know -- you sue somebody then they tell all their irl friends & all their fb friends.....is that a good business decision?

The entire economy based off of intellectual property enforcement is getting undermined by the open source culture of the internet. They sound frankly like those music labels who were suing ppl a few yrs back over downloading -- it won't gain them any new customers & will only #### the sued ones & all their friends off won't it?

If their friends were not buying FUNimation products then it's not really an issue for them. If they were then they'll lose some customers but they'll get paid the lawsuit money to make up for it.

Any of that person's friend's who has common sense know's FUNimation has the legal right to do it.

There are only two ways to deal with piracy. Compete with a product people are willing to get legitmently or try to stop it. FUNimation does both these things with their simulcasted anime such as One Piece. When merely competing with it doesn't cut down enough on piracy and ad revenue and potential sales are lost they turn to prevention methods.

What would you have them do?

They're already letting people watch the show for free in America. American's have no good reason to steal subtitled episodes of One Piece (or dubbed for that matter).

To add insult to injury sometimes the pirated downloads are rips of the video FUNimation put up themselves, not some fansubs which are "fans" claim have "superior translations" and also have higher quality HD video. I know people like things in high quality, I sure do but FUNimation's uploads of One Piece look plenty good to watch.

So what would you have them do?

It's a nice ideal to think letting people steal something will eventually lead to sales but it rarely does. So the industry is just going to keep losing money to piracy.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
KittehStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63782107

You're a college student, so you should have $7 laying around. $7 is dirt cheap. It's about as much as a child's allowance.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven)
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Awesome Kitteh

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63783199

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

You're a college student, so you should have $7 laying around. $7 is dirt cheap. It's about as much as a child's allowance.

I don't get an allowance.

Member of the A.F.A.
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63795477

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

I don't get an allowance.

>_>

<_<

:smileyindifferent:

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast

KittehStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63795477

Bring aluminum cans (Surely your family gets soda.) to the scrap yard for money? The price of aluminum per pound is rising. It's like $0.77 per pound now.

There's also other ways to make money. I seriously wonder how you can have NO money as a college student. How did you pay for it in the first place? My sister still has spending money despite paying for college herself. No help from my parents whatsoever.

MasterKitteh
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63797797

How he goes about paying for college is really none of our business but the most likely scenario is someone pays for him to go.

We've established he has spending money that he uses to buy video games, they are simply of greater importance to him. But if he needs more spending money collecting can's isn't such a bad idea. He could do that but he'd probably be better off getting a part time job or mowing lawns.

But if he has money for video games he has money for anime, he simply chooses not to spend it on anime. That's his decision but it voids his statements that he has no money for anime. He has money for it he simply chooses to use it on other entertainment.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Awesome Kitteh
Jeebus201

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63801253

Perhaps Adult Swim doesn't need "more", what they need is "better." One show that gives audiences a reason to care is better than 10 Moribito style failures.
oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Awesome Kitteh

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63801253

Sketchor wrote:

How he goes about paying for college is really none of our business but the most likely scenario is someone pays for him to go.

We've established he has spending money that he uses to buy video games, they are simply of greater importance to him. But if he needs more spending money collecting can's isn't such a bad idea. He could do that but he'd probably be better off getting a part time job or mowing lawns.

But if he has money for video games he has money for anime, he simply chooses not to spend it on anime. That's his decision but it voids his statements that he has no money for anime. He has money for it he simply chooses to use it on other entertainment.

Which is my choice to make.

Member of the A.F.A.
KittehStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63808059

Yes, but you missed Sketchor's point completely.

MasterKitteh
Sketchor

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63807941

Jeebus201 wrote:
Perhaps Adult Swim doesn't need "more", what they need is "better."

This much we can agree upon.

But I still liked Moribito.

Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63809655

Sketchor wrote:

Jeebus201 wrote:
Perhaps Adult Swim doesn't need "more", what they need is "better."

This much we can agree upon.

same

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website

Awesome Kitteh
Jeebus201

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63809655

Of course, this brings to mind the problem that everyone's definition of "better" varies. Since Code Geass performed like dog poo to Gurren Lagann's chocolate ice cream. Bring that up on a forum, and arguments begin.
oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
MasterKitteh
Sketchor

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63824267

Yes, that's bound to happen.

I remember when I was very hooked on Code Geass. I still think it was alright but the second season had so many uneccessary twists that I though M. Night Shamalamadingdong wrote it. Not the worst mecha I've seen but surely no Gurren Lagann or Gundam 00. And I could go on and on about how much I think those shows were better and should have aired on Adult Swim instead of Code Geass but it's ultimately pointless. They all aired on American television and I am content with that.

Awesome Kitteh
Jeebus201

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63828821

This is true. A lot of shows lack that luxury.

Still doesn't bring ASA's ratings out of the dirt.

Awesome Kitteh

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63829299

With as much as I'm hearing about Gurren Lagann I may check it out on Hulu since it's dubbed and is staying up forever I think (THIS SHOULD HAPPEN TO ALL ANIME BTW IMO)

I'll get to it.

Eventually.

=/

Member of the A.F.A.
KittehStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63833793

No it shouldn't because licenses don't last forever (They never should anyway. Many titles don't sell well forever. There will always be fans ready to buy, but as the title gets older, depending on the title, sales tank.). Also you best watch as fast as you can. With what happened to Bandai, their license will expire at some point (Nobody knows when.), and as such, the streams will be taken down as the rights expired.

MasterKitteh
Sketchor

[ Edited ]

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63833793

DemandingAnime wrote:

With as much as I'm hearing about Gurren Lagann I may check it out on Hulu since it's dubbed and is staying up forever I think (THIS SHOULD HAPPEN TO ALL ANIME BTW IMO)

I'll get to it.

Eventually.

=/

Make it the next show you watch because it is probably better than whatever you were thinking of watching.

I was right about Baccano when I said that wasn't I?

Believe in the me who believes in the Gurren Lagann.

The dub is also on Netflix if you still have it.

Awesome Kitteh
Jeebus201

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63835257

At this point, DA is just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Although I can say that Gurren Lagann is probably my favorite anime series ever, if not tied with GaoGaiGar and Hajime no Ippo.