Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Re: Air Naruto Shippuden Petition

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61841848

Uh no. Naruto got edited in a "BS" way according to you on Toonami, and it still got really great ratings.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Zombie Slayer
oblivious247

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Probably cancelled due to low ratings, and the same thing I can guarantee you would happen here. Most people are watching it on DVD and the legal streams which are so many episodes ahead. 100 episodes? That happened two years ago in Japan. They're past 220, which was the episode count for the original series.

It wouldn't have got low ratings if they wouldn't have BS edited it.

IMO.

=/

It had fantastic ratings to start with.  What killed it was the filler

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to oblivious247 - Message ID#: 61841952

And there's so much filler later on. Right now we have filler. They're behind even the US manga which is like a year behind the Japanese. The series though is in it's last arc, so they're probably doing fillers so they can later on go straight to cannon, and have it finish with no more fillers.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Hell's Minions
Sketchor

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Probably cancelled due to low ratings, and the same thing I can guarantee you would happen here. Most people are watching it on DVD and the legal streams which are so many episodes ahead. 100 episodes? That happened two years ago in Japan. They're past 220, which was the episode count for the original series.

It wouldn't have got low ratings if they wouldn't have BS edited it.

IMO.

=/

Edits never hurt Naruto, DBZ or Yu Yu Hakusho's ratings on Cartoon Network. So your opinion as usual is based on no evidence whatsoever.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61842312

And Naruto Shippuden is way less edited than YuYu Hakusho and Dragon Ball Z.

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61842334

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

And Naruto Shippuden is way less edited than YuYu Hakusho and Dragon Ball Z.

It's edited MORE.

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61852082

There's still a little blood. Dragon Ball Z and YuYu Hakusho had all blood taken out.

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61852382

Well I don't want to hurt your point but DBZ kept quite a bit of blood in the episodes edited for Toonami.

Yu Yu Hakusho on the other hand was bloodless.

Naruto Shippuden is less edited than Yu Yu Hakusho was.

So far there has only been one really badly handled scene in Naruto Shippuden. We all know the one. Though I didn't see that scene myself and merely heard it was handled poorly.

Naruto Shippuden is fine on DXD and it'd be fine on Cartoon Network's hours as opposed to Adult Swim. Adult Swim doesn't have the budget for it on top of Bleach and InuYasha and nobody is ever going to think of Naruto as an "adult show" other than apparently you DA. It doesn't belong on Adult Swim. It belonged on Toonami and Toonami was targeting boys 9-14 so it should continue being targeted to boys 9-14 on television, if it even continues to air anywhere.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61857434

Not like the kind of blood dripping from Piccolo's arm being blasted away in the fight with Raditz.

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61860798

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Not like the kind of blood dripping from Piccolo's arm being blasted away in the fight with Raditz.

Right, they played those episodes uncut eventually at 7:30PM in prime time (though most of them only aired around 10PM on their first run in 2005. First run of the "ultimate uncut" dub that is.

Season 3 onward were not allowed to show blood dripping from characters or blood spurts but they did show quite a bit of blood on the bodies of characters after they were injured. Yu Yu Hakusho's edits were wiped completely clean of blood.

For it's time DBZ was quite violent for a show being marketed to kids that was part of the appeal to kids actually. It wasn't nearly as violent as the uncut episodes of the Freiza saga onward that were not aired uncut on US television in English but it was still very violent.

Likewise Naruto Shippuden is still violent and they don't edit out the knifes and the fighting, but they did painstaking make it bloodless which is probably more than they needed to do but it's still less edited than the entirely watchable edited dub of Yu Yu Hakusho. Just more edited than Naruto was on Toonami.

Of course it would have required more edits than Naruto did even if it was on CN because Naruto Shippuden is more violent than the first Naruto series. So what they've shown on Disney XD is surprising if you consider that. Viz censored some things they didn't have to to fit PG-V standards but they showed plenty of violence and didn't write out of the deaths of important characters.

I imagine CN's would have broadcasted it with quite a few less edits because for one thing Viz wouldn't have made the show entirely bloodless for CN since the original Naruto was not bloodless either. But it's still only TV-14 on a handful of episodes in the grand scheme of things so CN could air it nearly uncut if they wanted to and that would be plenty good enough on top of the uncut DVDs and free subbed streams. If they gave the uncut dub away then who would pay for it? It's one thing to give away the uncut dub of a short series it's another thing to do so on one that's over 200 episodes and counting. FUNimation only does so with One Piece because they have no other way to introduce new viewers to it and they've seemingly given up on trying to market it to younger audiences. Viz will always market Naruto to younger viewers on top of the adults they market the uncut version to. That's how they can make the most money with Naruto. DA may not agree with it but that's because he lacks business sense. Or thinks everything he likes should be free to him even though people had to pay for it to be made and people need to be paid for their work.

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61861048

Speaking of Freiza, I really need to get to that point. Never really saw the series as a kid, and I'm only on episode 34/291. Still haven't gotten through that first Dragon Box.

Though I wonder if DA will actually ever realize Dragon Ball Z Kai is edited compared to the original meaning it's edited uncut so he's watching "BS edits" even when it's uncut. I saw a video on YouTube (Can't for the life of me find it.) that compared the original to the Japanese broadcast. All the blood from Goku and Raditz being hit by Piccolo was gone, and edits to the holes IIRC were made.

Face in the Mirror
InsistingAnime

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61857434

Sketchor wrote:

Well I don't want to hurt your point but DBZ kept quite a bit of blood in the episodes edited for Toonami.

Yu Yu Hakusho on the other hand was bloodless.

Naruto Shippuden is less edited than Yu Yu Hakusho was.

So far there has only been one really badly handled scene in Naruto Shippuden. We all know the one. Though I didn't see that scene myself and merely heard it was handled poorly.

Naruto Shippuden is fine on DXD and it'd be fine on Cartoon Network's hours as opposed to Adult Swim. Adult Swim doesn't have the budget for it on top of Bleach and InuYasha and nobody is ever going to think of Naruto as an "adult show" other than apparently you DA. It doesn't belong on Adult Swim. It belonged on Toonami and Toonami was targeting boys 9-14 so it should continue being targeted to boys 9-14 on television, if it even continues to air anywhere.

No it shouldn't. It needs to be moved here to Adult Swim.

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to InsistingAnime - Message ID#: 61865348

No, no it doesn't NEED to be moved here. It's not your choice to make. You're going to have to live with it being on Disney XD. It's NEVER going to air on [adult swim], and this is fact.

Face in the Mirror
InsistingAnime

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61865396

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

No, no it doesn't NEED to be moved here. It's not your choice to make. You're going to have to live with it being on Disney XD. It's NEVER going to air on [adult swim], and this is fact.

DXD are going to cancel it and become ANIME HATERS. There are no other options.

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to InsistingAnime - Message ID#: 61865540

So I guess you want them to keep it, since that will mean they won't become "ANIME HATERS" then.:smileytongue:

Also another option, it not airing and it just legally streaming, having digital downloads, and being on DVD. It doesn't HAVE to be on TV. No anime HAS to be on TV. You're delusional if you think that.

Zombie Slayer
oblivious247

[ Edited ]

Reply to InsistingAnime - Message ID#: 61865540

InsistingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

DXD are going to cancel it and become ANIME HATERS. There are no other options.

You complain about networks not airing anime, and call them ANIME HATERS like it's some bad thing.  (You're still an ANIME HATER by the way)

And then you want them to cancel it.

It's very conflicting.

IA, I pose the same question I asked you on the Outlaw Star thread before it got locked:

Let's say AS does exactly what you want.  They replace their lineup with anime.  Nothing but anime all week long.  What do you think will happen to their viewer base and profits?  How long do you think they would last?

And here's another question:  Let's say in 10 years there isn't any anime on TV.  What are you going to do then?

Zombie Slayer
oblivious247

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61865902

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

So I guess you want them to keep it, since that will mean they won't become "ANIME HATERS" then.:smileytongue:

Also another option, it not airing and it just legally streaming, having digital downloads, and being on DVD. It doesn't HAVE to be on TV. No anime HAS to be on TV. You're delusional if you think that.

Exactly it doesn't HAVE to be on TV.  Decades ago there was no anime on western TV.  Were they ANIME HATERS then?

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to oblivious247 - Message ID#: 61866556

Especially when not many people had heard of it.

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to oblivious247 - Message ID#: 61866556

oblivious247 wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Exactly it doesn't HAVE to be on TV.  Decades ago there was no anime on western TV.  Were they ANIME HATERS then?

Anime has been on American television for decades but it wasn't until the 90s that uncut anime aired on US television so maybe that's even worse to him since anime was only airing heavily censored and modified to the point that they weren't even the same shows they were in Japan.

Face in the Mirror
InsistingAnime

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61865902

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

No I want it aired on Adult Swim where it belonged on in the first place.

Zombie Slayer
oblivious247

Reply to InsistingAnime - Message ID#: 61875806

InsistingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

It's Japanese animation.  This is American TV. It doesn't BELONG anywhere.  It's where it is.

And still you hate ANIME HATERS yet you want DXD to be ANIME HATERS.  I don't get it....

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

[ Edited ]

Reply to InsistingAnime - Message ID#: 61875806

InsistingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

It never belonged on Adult Swim, it fit PERFECTLY on Cartoon Network prime time where kids, teens and adults could all enjoy it and did.

I wouldn't be surprised if when DXD does cut it loose, Viz brings it back to Cartoon Network. CN's probably got the money to pick it up now and they could potentially air it 5 days a week in the afternoon. That'd be great because I don't want Naruto to be stuck ariing the first 100 episodes a second time at the rate of 1 or 2 a week. Weekdays or bust and Adult Swim wont give it that.

Face in the Mirror
InsistingAnime

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61876572

Sketchor wrote:

InsistingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

It never belonged on Adult Swim, it fit PERFECTLY on Cartoon Network prime time where kids, teens and adults could all enjoy it and did.

I wouldn't be surprised if when DXD does cut it loose, Viz brings it back to Cartoon Network. CN's probably got the money to pick it up now and they could potentially air it 5 days a week in the afternoon. That'd be great because I don't want Naruto to be stuck ariing the first 100 episodes a second time at the rate of 1 or 2 a week. Weekdays or bust and Adult Swim wont give it that.

THEY'LL EDIT IT BADLY JUST LIKE DXD DID AND I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT.

Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to InsistingAnime - Message ID#: 61886636

the quit trying to save it

if anything Disney will keep the rights and not air it

and then you will have no choice but to buy the DVD and call it quits

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to InsistingAnime - Message ID#: 61886636

Does it truly matter as long as the uncut version is out? Editing anime is not a big deal, and if you think so, you'll continue to prove how much of a weeaboo you are who views anime as god.