Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Re: Anime that could match or beat Bleach in ratin

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63031277

Cartoon Network is doing very well financially, more so in recent years as I've heard.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Mysterious Ooze

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63031769

Well they don't receive anything from me.

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63041917

No one receives anything from you.  The only thing you contribute is complaints.

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63043033

Now be a good weeaboo DA, and go try getting a job to buy this stuff, and then companies would actually care about you more since you're contributing more than $0.00. Look how cheap Air is.

http://www.amazon.com/Air-TV-Complete-S-V/dp/B0038QIYVA/ref=sr_1_
1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=132488296...

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Mysterious Ooze

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63048073

Back on topic, I still say Naruto Shippuden sorry.

Member of the A.F.A.
Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63050843

Why are you saying sorry?

You're not Wilt the overly-apologetic imaginary friend.

And you're not even sincerely sorry so why say it?

I'm not so sure at this point if Naruto could beat Bleach in the ratings. Right now Bleach's Fade to Black movie and latest DVD boxset are outselling Naruto Shippuden's Bonds movie and latest DVD boxset. You would think it would be the other way around at least on the box sets because Bleach is nearly uncut on Adult Swim while Naruto Shippuden is edited  considerably more on DXD and the most recent episodes never even aired on TV here.

Hulu streams still shows Naruto Shippuden is king but television ratings particularly on Adult Swim will likely favor Bleach over Naruto Shippuden at this point. It might not even be able to match Bleach's ratings much less beat it.

Given that, Adult Swim is better off not picking it up if Bleach is going to beat it anyway. Especially since Viz is going to want a ton of money for Shippuden perhaps more than they require for Bleach at this point.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Mysterious Ooze

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63056761

Sketchor wrote:

Why are you saying sorry?

You're not Wilt the overly-apologetic imaginary friend.

And you're not even sincerely sorry so why say it?

I'm not so sure at this point if Naruto could beat Bleach in the ratings. Right now Bleach's Fade to Black movie and latest DVD boxset are outselling Naruto Shippuden's Bonds movie and latest DVD boxset. You would think it would be the other way around at least on the box sets because Bleach is nearly uncut on Adult Swim while Naruto Shippuden is edited  considerably more on DXD and the most recent episodes never even aired on TV here.

Hulu streams still shows Naruto Shippuden is king but television ratings particularly on Adult Swim will likely favor Bleach over Naruto Shippuden at this point. It might not even be able to match Bleach's ratings much less beat it.

Given that, Adult Swim is better off not picking it up if Bleach is going to beat it anyway. Especially since Viz is going to want a ton of money for Shippuden perhaps more than they require for Bleach at this point.

That's pretty foolish when Viz doesn't even realize that Shippuden really doesn't belong on a kid network in the first place. IMO.

Member of the A.F.A.
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63060731

Naruto belonged on a kid's network because that is what it is, a kid's show. It's aired in primetime in Japan at a time for kids to enjoy.

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63060771

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Naruto belonged on a kid's network because that is what it is, a kid's show. It's aired in primetime in Japan at a time for kids to enjoy.

Maybe that's true for Japan but under the stupid U.S. standards it's for teenagers in uncensored format (see? I used it Sketchor. APPRECIATE IT!)

Member of the A.F.A.
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63060731

all anime in america is considered kid rated

animation is kid rated

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

[ Edited ]

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63060803

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Maybe that's true for Japan but under the stupid U.S. standards it's for teenagers in uncensored format (see? I used it Sketchor. APPRECIATE IT!)

This is technically true because Viz Media rates both the comics and the TV series for 13 and up but I think we can all agree Naruto was fine on Cartoon Network. That's where it belongs in prime time where it can be enjoyed by both children and adults with just the neccessary editing to keep it TV-PG-V. Just how Cartoon Network aired it.

Also, I appreciate that you used the appropriate terminology.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63064445

Well episode 353 could help Bleach if ratings start to slide. Watched it a a few hours ago, and we finally have action again.

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 63060835

helpme wrote:

animation is kid rated

Which is why I said stupid U.S. standards.

Member of the A.F.A.
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63074251

DemandingAnime wrote:

helpme wrote:

animation is kid rated

and then I end it once and for all

Anime in the us Shall be Banned when the Sopa is in

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

[ Edited ]

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 63074609

helpme wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

helpme wrote:

animation is kid rated

and then I end it once and for all

Anime in the us Shall be Banned when the Sopa is in

Only illegal uploads/downloads and illegal streaming will be penalized if SOPA is voted for.

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63082237

It goes farther than that, read this whole thread, the entire thing.

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Other-Anime/Urgent-OA-please-help-
stop-SOPA/td-p/62934484

Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63082593

I'm still voting for it

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63082593

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

It goes farther than that, read this whole thread, the entire thing.

stop-SOPA/td-p/62934484

People are freaking out a bit too much about SOPA. It's not a bill I want to see passed by any means but it's not going to be the end of free speech on the internet.

There are other things that could get a lot of grief from SOPA but my point was that legal streaming and legal anime distribution is going to continue even if SOPA passes. Those companies own those rights and can legally do with those shows as they please. If YouTube or whoever ends up flagging videos or getting them removed due to misunderstandings I'm sure they'll come back as those uploads are entirely legal.

Dominus
SwimDeath

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62341100

Comedy can Beat any anime any time of the week

Destroy Anime and put on Comedy

lvl 16 Dominus
Patron: Abel Nightroad
Weapon: Bloodscythe
Abilities: Can generate electricity through scythe, regeneration of damage, Flight or wing shield, nano-machines
Companions: Clyde unit
Items: Aristocrat's Sash, Bacillus Stone, Ghost Planet Token
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 63084041

I'm against it because while I support them trying to stop piracy, they're going too far. Why can't they ever get a piracy bill right?-_-

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63085195

SOPA could kill YouTube because SOPA goes after sites with any illegal content on them. On YouTube you have lots of copyrighted things, and they don't take action really unless someone reports. YouTube doesn't really look at videos that weren't reported to them. YouTube despite having both legal and illegal content could get taken down just from SOPA.

This post from zoid9000 is right on.

stop-SOPA/m-p/63051861/highlight/tr...

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63088051

U.S.= turning into a dictatorship

This is not anything new.

Member of the A.F.A.
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63097643

You seem to not understand what one truly is.

Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63097643

DemandingAnime wrote:

well if the US hadn't have such a luge debt to other countries that shipped anime

we wouldn't have tis problem

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 63097747

helpme wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

well if the US hadn't have such a luge debt to other countries that shipped anime

we wouldn't have tis problem

I guess. But that doesn't give them the right to turn into a dictatorship.

Member of the A.F.A.