Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimNerd
toonami

Give Anime Sat. and Sun. and better anime

Dear [adult swim] Family,

I've been watching since the beginning even when I wasn't age appropriate. I've seen major changes in the line ups. First I think you should give anime fanantics like myself the weekends to watch anime only. People get enough King Of the Hill, American Dad,and Robot chic etc... during the week days. Why not show Anime on Sat. and Sun. or do us a BIG FAVOR and give us 3 days out of the 7 day week. For example show regular Adult swim saturday schedule minus comedy and add Paranoia Agent or Samurai Champloo or whatever and on Sundays bring some current ,new, or retro anime in like Gundam wing or Yu Yu  hakasho. Anime is dying since time changes and Toonamis death. Action anime fans don't want to wait 5 days and4 comedy shows to finally watch anime for a couple of hours. PLEASE take this into consideration. ANime fans tell me what you thiunk lets make this happen. Here is a list of shows they coud try to air.

*Paranoia Agent

*Gundam Wing

*Yu YU Hakasho

*Tenchi Muyo

*Ruroni Kenshin

*Outlaw Star

*Samarai Champloo

*Eureka 7

Ronin Warriors

*Lupin III

R.I.P. Toonami/...See You Space Cowboy
SwimPunk
bobofosho12

Re: Give Anime Sat. and Sun. and better anime

Reply to toonami - Message ID#: 50379481

I'm behind you:robotwink:, but AS is never gonna air anime two nights of the week all night.  But it would be nice if they mixed some kinda anime into their weekday line-up.  Just throwing it out there
SwimHotshot
trogov

Sunday.... will always be comedy.............. 

if anime would come on more then one night... it would be some weekday night...... not sunday

they either never had the rights to or no longer have the rights to that list of anime............ if they would add anime back to the weekdays then they would just throw in a few titles that they already have the rights to

i doubt they would go back and relicenses any of those series ... when they could go and pick up some new shiney anime series

SwimPunk
JaySticLe

They should also put Case Closed back on, but when I tried to post my opinion, it error'd... Plus, I can't make a new topic now...

[jaysticle]
SwimPunk
lordhotsuma1984

i'm behind you guys all the were they should also show some anime movies like director's cut samuria x trust and bertayal  and street fighter movies espiecailly the one when ryu finds out who his dad is and the inyasha movies and  bleach movies and samuria resurrection movies and fatal fury movies
BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME IS NINJIA ASSAISIN. My favorite of all times is Bleach (action), Family Guy and Venture Brothers (Comedy). I collect action figures and comic books. I am looking for new friends to chat with. If there are any girls on here looking for new friends....hit me ..And as for guys...I really need some cool freinds.my favorite words are bodong and konobdab
SwimNub
kurosaki_eatszombies

i totally and most definitely agree. more anime would be amazing. probably the best thing that has ever happened to [as].!!!(:
“If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. It would only be you and your memories, the choices you made, and the people you touched. If this world were to end, there would only be you, and him, and no one else.”
-everyone dies alone
Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Sunday is their highest rated night. Animes are their lowest rated programing. It wouldn't make sense to air animes on Sundays, even if they did still have the rights to the shows you listed (which they don't). And yeah, I'm an anime fan, so I count, right?
SwimNub

[ Edited ]

I agree with some but not all of those shows, I agree with Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakasho, and possibly Gundam Wing, I don't completely understand whats wrong with People, Taking these ignorant 'Comedys' as actual television is insulting.
Message Edited by GhandiTheGreat on 07-13-2009 03:02 AM
SwimPunk

all you said is great but what i would love to see is maybe some dragon ball z

bte lupin the 3rd was my favorite [as] showw

SwimNub

Reply to kurosaki_eatszombies - Message ID#: 50411105

adult swim is never going to put more anime on they hate anime. they are anime nazis
SwimPunk
MailOrderClone

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 50490008

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:
Sunday is their highest rated night. Animes are their lowest rated programing. It wouldn't make sense to air animes on Sundays, even if they did still have the rights to the shows you listed (which they don't). And yeah, I'm an anime fan, so I count, right?

These sorts of topics can sometimes be lacking in logic, so thank you for bringing up that important point.

What I would suggest is a compromise.  Rather then taking adultswim's highes rated night of programming and changing it's lineup so utterly that it would surely drive away a majority of that audience, I would suggest that the animes aim for a weekday.  Let's say Wednesday. It'll alow adultswim to spread out the new anime debuts instead of leaving them in one large ill-received clump on the weekend.  And, heck, to make the deal a bit odder still, I'd also add in a mascot for the night.  A sexually frustrated cow-shaped balloon to advertise Humpday Animoo.  Think of the merch on that!

The preceding post was entirely pointless and you are now stupider for having read it.
SwimNub

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 50490008

I'm an anime fan, as are all my friends. Our group can actually base its start from Toonami back in the day. I've watched the evolution of the adult line-up since TMR, and enjoyed its early years with unedited anime. Then over time TMR gave way to the early [as]. And the starting lineup was enjoyable. I cant remember all of it because its been a while... but to my point. Over the years [as] has managed to keep a decent anime line-up, and still impresses me occasionally with new anime, which is what im really interesed in. I've seen the other shows, GW, DBZ (im really burnt on that one after watching it multiple times daily for years though i still appreciate if for opening me to the world of anime), the Tenchi series' (though I missed a lot of those and wouldnt mind seeing a return), Trigun, and several others I could go on listing. But since anime is a primary form of entertainment in Japan, I'm sure there are plenty of others for them to import. They do bring in new animes as was shown with DeathNote and Code Geass (2 of my faves to date) and I'm sure they can get more. It's a matter of how long will we wait. I agree with the idea of expanding to a new day, but I think Thurs would be the best of them. It can then give them some variety for the first and second half of the week. Leave Mon - Wed the "current" line up, and make a Fri "retro" line up that allows them to throw in a little more anime from the earlier shows they had, as well as other older shows they had like SG:CtC, Sealab, and maybe, just maybe, the Brak show (not a fave... but it has a special place... somewhere... not sure where). So it'd break down to Sun-Wed current, Thurs anime, Fri "olde school" and Sat something similar to what they currently have. And if you think about it, whose most likely to be home Fri night? The geeks. Theyed enjoy the line up more than those who watch The Mighty Boosh, T&EAS, and Squidbillies, and theyer the ones that will be home to watch it. This started as an agreemant to more anime and turned into an entire line up proposal... my bad...
SwimSuperfan
Nick_boy

@ least an hour of anime on weekdays would be good. 1-2am. it wouldnt harm anything.
TOONAMI IS BACK! WATCH MY VIDEO!
SwimHotshot
trogov

Reply to OtakuOutlaw - Message ID#: 50649325

i say keep Friday the way it is... the main night i watch....since i cant get my Dingo and Sealab taste anywhere else

i honestly dont think [as] would mind putting more anime on.... once they can see it can pull in more ratings

anime draws the short end of the stick..... comedy gets bad ratings, [as] either begins promoting it and move it to a good timeslot to try and help it (seeing as they can get more money from it because of dvd sales and not only ad sales) while anime gets bad ratings, they could get the same amount back from it no matter the time its on

SwimNub

Reply to Nick_boy - Message ID#: 50663256

yeah, an hour of anime a night would be nice. even at the end of [as] would work, then they dont really have to worry about losing ratings off their own shows that allow them to pull that extra money, while pulling in more by opening up for the anime fans. maybe put FMA on it, starting at ep. one and playing through to what they have for people like me whove only caught an episode here and there, but havent seen them in order really. and it has enough episodes to play on weeknights, which is the real problem with alot of animes. i think thats why they dont do week night animes. not enough episodes to run for more than a couple months or so before theyve been through it twice.
SwimSuperfan
Nick_boy

Reply to OtakuOutlaw - Message ID#: 50668314

yeah adultswim, so show anime on weeknights @ 1-2AM. PLEASE!
TOONAMI IS BACK! WATCH MY VIDEO!
SwimPunk
NovaPK

Never gonna happen.
SwimNub
breexbree

Reply to bobofosho12 - Message ID#: 50380994

i wanna see more good anime. i wanna see more **BLEEP** with good art. gundam seed. cowboy bebop. wolfs rain. trigun. i miss all of those... please adultswim... for the sake of my survival... consider one of those? please? ill love you forever! im sitting here on my couch bored as **BLEEP** wishing adultswim loved me enough to provide me with the pleasure of being able to watch any given one of these. right now. yes.... =]
SwimNub
Arderbaren

Seriously they should give anime another day of the week. I'm getting annoyed at the fact that i have to wait for every Saturday at Midnight to get my anime fix and most of them I've seen multiple times in the last 8 months.

They should try to get the Dragonball/DBZ rights back or even the original Mobile Suit Gundam, Rouroni Kenshin, Tenchi Muyo, and YuYu Hakusho back. I haven't seen any of those in about 4 years and I've looked everywhere.

You sound as though I should lie to spare your feelings. The truth must be told if we're goin to get anywhere in the world, even at the expense of those that just can't comprehend it.
SwimPunk
saiess

i wish they bring back some the old toonami like ones like outlaw star and tenchi muyo. i mean great start with big O but i wish they'd come back

only a man can kill a monster and that man is toonami
SwimSuperfan

Yes, YES and MORE YES

I agree completely.

Also... I like your username :smileywink:

Most of their "comedies" **grok** anyway.

It won't happen though because they have some BS problem with anime or something...

>:-(

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimSuperfan
KouTheMad

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 58368172

you know what would be awesome?

if they brought back Toonami on Adult Swim, complete with Tom swearing, also, only anime on Saturday.

please.

Let The Insanity Commence!

Let Us Not Suffer the Heretic or the Tsundere, the Moe or the Loli, the Little Sister or Terrible Writing, Let Them be Purged by Imperial Flame, Amen.
SwimSuperfan

Reply to KouTheMad - Message ID#: 58373964

KouTheMad wrote:

you know what would be awesome?

if they brought back Toonami on Adult Swim, complete with Tom swearing, also, only anime on Saturday.

please.

FINALLY, I'VE FOUND SOMEONE ON THIS BOARD WITH SOME COMMON SENSE.............

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smileyvery-happy:

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 58379690

TOM swearing? 

I'm all for Adult Swim's anime block being rebranded as Toonami though, it's pretty much already is Toonami at this point.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 58400626

Sketchor wrote:

TOM swearing? 

I'm all for Adult Swim's anime block being rebranded as Toonami though, it's pretty much already is Toonami at this point.

Not really.

Cut the **grok**ty comedies out, replace it with anime, and you've got Toonami.

=/

Member of the A.F.A.