SwimSuperfan

Re: Naruto Shippuden, PART 2

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63797861

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Because they aren't anime fans, and don't want piracy to be around? Oh what has Megaupload getting taken down by the government done to you?:smileyindifferent:

You do realize anime isn't important to the government here right? Guess what's most important to them right now? Fixing the economy, creating jobs, and more. They do not care about Japanese cartoons, and with great reason.

By infringing on my rights they are just proving my point about my government being a dictatorship or at least dictatorship-like.

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63808087

You don't have a right to steal. Anime is a privelage, not a right. Piracy is illegal, you do know that right? Why are you making it seem like it's legal, and OK for an American like you to steal shows? You are just so entitled and spoiled. They aren't infringing any rights, just taking away something that is a privelage, and not a right.

You don't really have an excuse considering you're pirating shows that are legally streaming, and out on DVD/BD. It isn't like you're watching fansubs of shows not legally streaming, and not on DVD/BD here. If you get sued for torrenting an anime series legally streaming here, I'll have no sympathy for you, and you'll have no excuse that will satisfy the people suing you.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
SwimHELPeR
mgangel1124

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63808087

You honestly think you have a right to illegally view material that is already legally available for free? Seriously?

Too bad that goon didn't know I've got like a million perfect ways of dealing with hostage situations.
You ever try just throwing something at a guy with a hostage?
Of course not, who the hell does that?
But that is exactly why it works every time.
So yeah, before he even knew what was happening, there was ten pounds of gun flying right into his face.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to mgangel1124 - Message ID#: 63809365

Yup, he probably thinks he has a right to do anything because America is a "free country", but he fails to understand "free country=/=being able to do whatever the hell I want".

It would be more understandable if he was watching fansubs of shows that have never seen a legal release, or legal stream here, but with what he's watching, no excuse whatsoever. I wonder if he finds this infringing people's rights.

www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-07/toei-animation-sues-869-
bittorrent-users-over-one-piece

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/02/09/toei-files-lawsu
it-against-869-internet-pirates-of-...

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to mgangel1124 - Message ID#: 63809365

Today I gave him the example of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic as show produced first for English speaking countries. It's not exactly freely available in non-English speaking countries. How easy is it to get Japanese dubbed episodes of that show in Japan?

He responds "they can learn English and watch it on YouTube" which gave me a good laugh and I made the obvious response "you can learn Japanese to watch Japanese cartoons instead of dubs". Which he didn't like of course.

Now I don't expect him or anyone else to learn another language to enjoy shows from various countries but the point is if a show that was no produced with a global release in mind manages to air on a channel in another country than where it originated then it's already far exceeding it's original release scope.

Because of the internet it is increasingly easier to enjoy shows and comics from another country but and there is fansubbed American cartoons for other countries but Japanese cartoon fandom does a remarkable job making those Japanese cartoons available here with at least fansubs. That helped drive companies to simulcast in order to not lose all those potential viewers to piracy.

However simulcasts with English subs isn't really what DA and other fans who prefer watching dubs want. They want dubs and that costs more money and if nobody pays the companies dubbing these shows then they cannot continue dubbing shows. People who pirate dubbed anime are the maker of their own demise. It's rather ironic and unfortunate but if they keep doing it then they will have to resolve themselves to that fate.

Thankfully some people still buy anime from Viz, Sentai, FUNi, etc. so many anime will still be dubbed but certainly not all of them. That's an unreasonable expectation, particularly from people not willing to pay for the dubbed anime they pirate.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63809607

And as I've heard, dubbing costs can be $10,000 per episode. Though it's not as much as licensing or producing anime. Thank gawd it's not anime production expensive, otherwise it'd cost a few million to dub a 12 episode show.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63809625

Around 10,000 an episode? Yikes.

If that's for a non-union dub then a union one is even more expensive.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63809625

Speaking of Fios (Was this the thread it was mentioned?), FUNimation is requesting fans to petition. DA, now do you see they care about their fans?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-21/funimation-channe
l-asks-fans-to-petition-to-stay-on-...

SwimSuperfan

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63821283

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Speaking of Fios (Was this the thread it was mentioned?), FUNimation is requesting fans to petition. DA, now do you see they care about their fans?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-21/funimation-channe
l-asks-fans-to-petition-to-stay-on-...

My cable provider isn't fios.

Now if they get the channel on Time Warner Cable on the otherhand...

Then you can ask me to sign a petition.

Besides from what I've heard internet petitions don't work.

Well except the one for SOPA/PIPA which did. Which is a rare example of one working.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63833815

Now that's classic

"It's not my problem so why should I help?"

Well let me tell you why you might want to consider helping out. If FUNimation loses FIOS then it's only a matter of time before they lose other providers. If people who don't even have FIOS help keep the channel on FIOS then it would show other providers that there is value to the FUNimation Channel and they might pick it up because they finally see that there's interest in the channel.

Just a thought.

As you just said, the SOPA/PIPA stuff worked so not all attempts to petition do not accomplish anything.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63848911

Sketchor wrote:

Now that's classic

Well let me tell you why you might want to consider helping out. If FUNimation loses FIOS then it's only a matter of time before they lose other providers. If people who don't even have FIOS help keep the channel on FIOS then it would show other providers that there is value to the FUNimation Channel and they might pick it up because they finally see that there's interest in the channel.

Just a thought.

As you just said, the SOPA/PIPA stuff worked so not all attempts to petition do not accomplish anything.

I'm not seeing a link to the petition.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63858805

Did you read the article?:smileyindifferent:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savefunimation/

SwimSuperfan

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63858889

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Did you read the article?:smileyindifferent:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savefunimation/

I signed it.

Happy now?

=/

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63868827

Great, there's almost 2000 signatures now. I finally got around to signing it myself.

SwimFan
Ryugetsu

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62586158

I guess I should sign too, I would like it if they replaced Flanagan for Teen Naruto with a guy though. I can tell you the manga is really good lately, and I'd like to see soon what Tobi looks like under the mask. Yeah I said Tobi, but if you read the manga like me then you know what I'm talking about.

My ideal schedule for Toonami starts at 9pm.
TOONAMI HAS PROVEN THEY DESERVE IT IN RATINGS
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Ryugetsu - Message ID#: 63872807

BTW... I'd still like to see Shippuden on Adult Swim.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63881883

DemandingAnime wrote:

Yeah of course you do but you can't always have what you want.

It seems increasingly less likely Naruto Shippuden will even air on US television again, much less uncensored on Adult Swim. But don't worry I'm sure Viz will keep dubbing it and putting the episodes on iTunes.

SwimSuperfan
KouTheMad

[ Edited ]

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63848911

Sketchor wrote:

Now that's classic

Just a thought.

this is true, also i would like to bring up Operation Rainfall, 2 out of 3 of the games are coming to the USA due to fan outcry and organized letters and emails and such. (and i fairly sure someone will bring over the 3rd). They are a example of why you shouldn't just sit and do nothing if your not getting the products you want.

if enough people do something, even big names companies may relent.

Also, i went ahead and signed said petition you posted.

Let The Insanity Commence!

Let Us Not Suffer the Heretic or the Tsundere, the Moe or the Loli, the Little Sister or Terrible Writing, Let Them be Purged by Imperial Flame, Amen.
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63884397

Sketchor wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

Yeah of course you do but you can't always have what you want.

It seems increasingly less likely Naruto Shippuden will even air on US television again, much less uncensored on Adult Swim. But don't worry I'm sure Viz will keep dubbing it and putting the episodes on iTunes.

I'll just keep pestering them then.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

[ Edited ]

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63897183

And that will either accomplish nothing or perhaps make them even less interested in airing it.

Pestering by one person hasn't gotten you to switch to to subs, why would it get a company to pick up a very expensive cartoon they probably already turned down at least once?

Though honestly at times I'm not sure which of you is more stubborn.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63898779

Sketchor wrote:

And that will either accomplish nothing or perhaps make them even less interested in airing it.

Pestering by one person hasn't gotten you to switch to to subs, why would it get a company to pick up a very expensive cartoon they probably already turned down at least once?

Though honestly at times I'm not sure which of you is more stubborn.

This isn't helping either by insulting me.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63920887

If calling someone stubborn is an insult then it's at least a very low tier insult.

And I said both you and Adult Swim were stubborn and I stand by that assesment.

You and Adult Swim seem equally resistant to progress.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63923595

Sketchor wrote:

If calling someone stubborn is an insult then it's at least a very low tier insult.

And I said both you and Adult Swim were stubborn and I stand by that assesment.

You and Adult Swim seem equally resistant to progress.

My opinion of Adult Swim isn't exactly positive overall though... so... yeah...

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 63935573

Because you refuse to accept logic.

Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 63948963

where have you been my friend
*hugs you*
MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account