Order of the Owl
Kakashi_Sensei18

Tiger & Bunny

"Sternbild City is home to people called "Next," who use their special abilities to protect the people as superheroes. These heroes solve cases and save lives so they can wear sponsor logos or acquire "hero points." Their activities are documented on the popular program "Hero TV," which picks the "King of Heroes" in a yearly ranking. The veteran hero Wild Tiger has always preferred to work alone, but now he's been assigned the rookie Barnaby Brooks Jr., who has a different perspective on being a superhero."

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12198

Don't let the CGI put you off, it worked well for the most part in Episode 1. And given the slim-pickings of this season this might be the only worth-while original work to suggest.

Order of the Owl
Kakashi_Sensei18

Re: Tiger & Bunny

Reply to Kakashi_Sensei18 - Message ID#: 59482092

*BUMP*

This show has become one of my favorite shows to come out recently, and [as] should give it a shot. A second season is also in the works, so there are 50+ episodes to work with.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to Kakashi_Sensei18 - Message ID#: 61446148

50+ episodes? Nice. This could be Adult Swim Action's long awaited cross-over appeal hit.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Order of the Owl
Kakashi_Sensei18

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61446490

Well that is if the second season is made, and if its the same length as the first. But I think the chances are more than likely, instead of in the works I should've said being thought about.

But the show is popular, so I'm guessing they will give it the nod.
SwimFan
rootsofjustice

Y'know, when I first started this show I thought it was a little too kiddie for [AS]. I wasn't caught up for the longest time, so this feeling stuck with me as I watched other anime. Now that I've spent the past two days in a massive Tiger and Bunny marathon, I realize [AS] is the only station that could carry it with any hope of crossover appeal. I'm for this, I'm for this a lot.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to rootsofjustice - Message ID#: 61596260

rootsofjustice wrote:

Y'know, when I first started this show I thought it was a little too kiddie for [AS]. I wasn't caught up for the longest time, so this feeling stuck with me as I watched other anime. Now that I've spent the past two days in a massive Tiger and Bunny marathon, I realize [AS] is the only station that could carry it with any hope of crossover appeal. I'm for this, I'm for this a lot.

Yet another vote for Tiger & Bunny.

Let's keep 'em coming folks.

This show has tremendous possiblities for Adult Swim Action and I'm sure Viz will pitch it to AS at some point.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimFan
rootsofjustice

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61778616

Sketchor wrote:

rootsofjustice wrote:

This show has tremendous possiblities for Adult Swim Action and I'm sure Viz will pitch it to AS at some point.

I just wonder if Viz is going to try and change the sponsors on each of the heroes to suit American companies (like changing Blue Rose's Pepsi Nex to Diet Pepsi or something like that, or change sponsors entirely.) Other than that, this anime seems tailor made to suit an overseas audience. It begs to come here, it begs to be dubbed and it begs to be put on TV.

SwimStar
Nevada-Rocca

Reply to rootsofjustice - Message ID#: 61817506

rootsofjustice wrote:

Sketchor wrote:

rootsofjustice wrote:

I just wonder if Viz is going to try and change the sponsors on each of the heroes to suit American companies (like changing Blue Rose's Pepsi Nex to Diet Pepsi or something like that, or change sponsors entirely.) Other than that, this anime seems tailor made to suit an overseas audience. It begs to come here, it begs to be dubbed and it begs to be put on TV.

Well, I've heard that the Pepsi guys in Japan are trying to bring Pepsi Nex over here, so maybe they won't have to change that one. That is an intresting question though. I'm also seconding this suggestion. There's drama, humor, action, and superheroes. Even the art style lends itself well to be marketed to more than just anime watchers. Any word on the dub?

Together we fight, together we live.
Currently Playing: Wild Arms 2

Peaceful days are over.
Let's Survive.

SwimFan
rootsofjustice

Reply to Nevada-Rocca - Message ID#: 61861094

Well, some good news for the cause out of NYCC:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-10-16/tiger-and-bun
ny-tv-anime-to-get-english-dub

It's in pre-production, so it may be at least six months before we see anything come out of it. But for it to enter dub-mode so quickly after it came out, that's gotta be a good sign they're aiming at broadcast.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to rootsofjustice - Message ID#: 62086328

It could be ready to air once a week by Spring. So here's hoping Adult Swim gets it. It could be the hit the action block needs.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62089414

I've heard about this.

I've also heard it's getting a dub.

So sure. I'll give it a try. Why not.

It'd be nice.

So overall... yes. I would like to see this as well.

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62094750

That's the spirit.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62095946

I honestly don't know much about it though...

>_<

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62104390

Well look what happened with you and Kekkaishi. I have jumped into some shows without knowing much about them, and liked them.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62107518

Here's a selling point to Adult Swim, it's a Sunrise anime without having to deal with Bandai not only that but the mech designer for Tiger & Bunny was the mech designer for The Big O and we know how much William's Street loves their Big O.

It's officially my #1 pick for Adult Swim in 2012.

I'm feeling pretty good about that since my #1 pick for 2011 was Durarara.

Will I be two for two? We shall see.

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62107686

Truth be told, even with the hype, I have no intent of trying it. The CGI kinda turns me off along with the plot summary.<.<

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62107722

Son I am disappoint.

At least give it an episode.

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62107776

I might, but I still have a reputation to up-hold of never dropping a show. I have yet to dislike an anime even after all this.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/BigOnAnime

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62107686

Sketchor wrote:

Here's a selling point to Adult Swim, it's a Sunrise anime without having to deal with Bandai not only that but the mech designer for Tiger & Bunny was the mech designer for The Big O and we know how much William's Street loves their Big O.

It's officially my #1 pick for Adult Swim in 2012.

I'm feeling pretty good about that since my #1 pick for 2011 was Durarara.

Will I be two for two? We shall see.

If that ends up being the case you must be some sort of psychic or something.

O_O

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62114164

Nah... I just know what I like.

But in this case with Tiger & Bunny it's more of a matter of interpreting what the audience wants based on what has done well in the past and ASA need's a show like Tiger & Bunny that's episodic and full of action.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62114252

Sketchor wrote:

Nah... I just know what I like.

But in this case with Tiger & Bunny it's more of a matter of interpreting what the audience wants based on what has done well in the past and ASA need's a show like Tiger & Bunny that's episodic and full of action.

Yeah. We'll just have to keep our hopes up I guess.

P.S.: A little late but 3,000 posts for me!! Uh... yay? >_>

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62137310

And even I will get my hopes up. I'll start pushing for this even though I'm not a fan. Less shows coming out of Japan would work, and Tiger & Bunny is pretty popular, though I don't know what about it would appeal to the [as] audience.

Also, who doesn't celebrate every 1,000 posts DA?:smileytongue:

SwimSuperfan

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62138396

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

And even I will get my hopes up. I'll start pushing for this even though I'm not a fan. Less shows coming out of Japan would work, and Tiger & Bunny is pretty popular, though I don't know what about it would appeal to the [as] audience.

Also, who doesn't celebrate every 1,000 posts DA?:smileytongue:

The only thing I know is it's kind of a mecha anime. I think.

Okay I don't know.

<_<

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimPunk
Makieda

Tiger & Bunny on adultswim?

I would seriosuly **beast** myself.

As I have stated before and will always in the beginning of these posts, I am EXTREMELY picky on what anime I watch for the fact I do not like most of it. But there comes a time when one will roll around that is simply outstanding.

This anime hands down is funny and packed full of action, the animation and art style is ridiclious and I love every aspect of it. I really loved how I came to enjoy each character and not just a handful or a few favorites, each one has their own flare and attributes that make me form some sort of pleasurable emotion on my face.

I would think that if AS put Durrr! and FLCL on their program and they didn't place TB at some point on their schedule that it would be a real disappointment to me and to many, this year seemed to be a "Year of the Super Hero" so to say among movies and other things so I was actually thinking that AS would have placed this show amongst the others.

I really liked it, some may not, but to me I seriously enjoy this show and can watch it more than once and still love it rather than watch all of the episodes and never touch them again just as I did with FLCL and HOTD.

Hands down, a gorgeous anime to look at and a enjoyable storyline with comedic relief as well as that action punch you need.

Get out of my sandwhich.
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Makieda - Message ID#: 62490702

All we can really do is hope unfortunately...

Member of the A.F.A.