Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimPunk

Squidbillies: David Lee Powell?

Who is David Lee Powell and where can I find/download his music? His squidbillies stuff is "gooder than hell."
Is he the same DLP who's on death row in Texas?
SwimPunk

Re: Squidbillies: David Lee Powell?

Reply to emay - Message ID#: 32153595

Greetings, and thanks for the compliment on the Squids music.  I make it up.  I am not the DLP on death row in TX, I am here in Atlanta, and haven't killed anyone in a long time, perhaps months...

No way to download any of my other music, but I might be able to email you some if that works.

Thanks again for the compliment

DLP

Swimportant
Sawdamizer

Reply to theDLP - Message ID#: 32479991

*sigh* i dont even know why i hang out here anymore....
"Is it WRONG for a robot to admire his own backside?" - Tom Servo
SwimNub

Hi,  I have to agree the the original poster -- I've been looping the E minor waltz for days now.  Will you be releasing anything soon? 
SwimPunk

Reply to perchenon45 - Message ID#: 33090302

Hey-

I am working on it.  Turner owns all of the clips from the show, and some of those are just riffs from full songs I have written over the years.  So I am working on compiling some stuff that hasn't been on the shows and putting something out in the near future.  Glad you like it, "E Minor Waltz" I wrote when I was in college and it used to be a full band arrangement with words, etc.  Thanks for downloading it, look for other show clips in the near future.

DLP

SwimFan
myrideshere

Reply to theDLP - Message ID#: 33230924

**bleep** fine work on the show. I love the music.
SwimNub

Hey Im not sure if you have posted any of your music anywhere, but I was wondering if I could get you to e-mail it to me or something. 

Thanks,

Matt

SwimPunk
hankster

Reply to theDLP - Message ID#: 33230924

good to hear!  i too love the stuff you've been doing for the squids. 
you can't take the sky from me...
SwimPunk

Check my new and exciting blog.  I am doing the music for a new movie, check for details.

DLP
Spiral King
Explosivo_420

Reply to theDLP - Message ID#: 40075980

thnx dlp
I am EXPLOSIVO the greatest Hepler of them all. I am the guardian of these boards:
Squidbillies | The Eric Andre Show | Loiter Squad | KING STAR KING (NOW ONLINE, RIGHT NOW)
SwimNub

Hello ^^

I know this is not as random as it would be if I was writing in a forum for knickerpickers but maybe it is random still.Last thread i saw for the Squidbillies music was in 2005.

I was wondering whether someone could tell me something about the first song in the "Dream a little dream" episode of the Squidbillies!I've been looking for it for a very long time, probably more than a day now..and i can't seem to find anything..all i know is that David was in charge for the music so i'm looking for him. His music is really good.
"Give it all up for brotherhood?.."
SwimNub
SilverSix311

Reply to evi8n - Message ID#: 53317846

Hey David Powell, i was wondering if you'd release your E Minor Waltz tabs? I wanna learn how to play it so i can serenade myself! And i would love to have all the music you have written in apple lossless or FLAC if you can. SilverSix311 [at] gmail [dot] com
SwimPunk
I_Gotta_Pee

Is that you on the main menu music on Vol 1 DVD? Banjo in the forefront and acoustic/dobro(?) background?

And I'd love a site or some way I could pay for your full songs or even the clips...

It is pretty "gooder than hell", as stated already.

Booty Hunter.
SwimNub
jagogold

i heard only one of your other songs on youtube to some animation called bebop cowboy or something. Anyway have you never recorded anything would really like to here some more of your stuff.

SwimNub
sumbichin

i friggin love dlp's music...anyone have a download...best country artist in 20 years..

SwimNerd
gorillabiscuits

Reply to sumbichin - Message ID#: 61914412

You rock man!

SwimNub

dlp,

i fell in love with your music when i downloaded the free squidbillies music. found myself on the same google hunt that the above person mentioned when i stumbled across this thread. would it be possible for you to shoot me an email of some of your tunes as well?  ####.

keep on rocking

brendan