KittehNerd
ShadowsDeath

Re: Should Big O have a third season?

Reply to R.I.P.scottfab - Message ID#: 1383587

i can really care less but they should put all the seasons on dvd and take it off the line up
You people are kind of annoying, please stand in line and wait for me to kill you. If you get out of the line you will be sent to the front so I can kill you faster.

If you don't like the way I talk, tell someone who actually gives a flying f*ck what you think.
KittehPunk
R.I.P.scottfab

Reply to ShadowsDeath - Message ID#: 1383704

thats what I mean. nobody cares if you dont like Big O, dont post in this thread.
No, I cannot believe it's not butter.
KittehLegend
pushkin

Reply to R.I.P.scottfab - Message ID#: 1383789

Now boys...play nice.
KittehNerd
ShadowsDeath

Reply to R.I.P.scottfab - Message ID#: 1383789

im entitled to my own opinion so be quiet
You people are kind of annoying, please stand in line and wait for me to kill you. If you get out of the line you will be sent to the front so I can kill you faster.

If you don't like the way I talk, tell someone who actually gives a flying f*ck what you think.
Awesome Kitteh
Zopwx2

[ Edited ]

Reply to ShadowsDeath - Message ID#: 1384148

Taken From:

http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thread.php?threadid=4732&sid=

"I've been saying this right along. When the writers started making Season 2, they knew there was a possibility at least of doing 26 more episodes, so I am sure they have something in mind." -Zola (www.paradigm-city.com

"I haven't read every single post here, but I want to say this (forgive me if it's been said). Your theory is a very good and unique one to be sure, however, while taking a Psychology course one could say this is "Sigmund Freud" at work. However, one could just as easily say this is a show of religious metaphor dealing with the Book of Revelation, and in that case, it is not at the end yet. Notice the BIG's colors same as the Four Horseman.(just one of MANY examples that have gone through these forums before...there are literally hundreds of posts on the connections to the Bible, more so than Freud). I have a strong feeling the writers have more up their sleeve to this, and are merely awaiting the money to finish up this epic properly with an additional 26. I eagerly await that day.

The ending shows that Roger has failed. The RESET has occured again, but the main point has not changed. The memories are still gone. I understand what your saying, but I don't beleive that was the main point of this show. There was something that triggered this need for a RESET long ago. Because we have memories of a shining, **bleep**-and-span Paradigm in Roger the Wanderer, and a world half in ruin the whole series and after the RESET of episode 26...buildings are still fallen over, etc.

Each RESET, something changes, man moves toward an ultimate goal and conflict. For instance, think of the past Rogers who have failed their mission--they died fighting in a war (what of them, there bodies are still present in the sea along with destroyed Megadei). There is evident build up toward a climax here, but the mastermind of Paradigm, whether it be Angel or someone else, is not allowing the resolution/ the final judgement to occur yet. Until man breaks the cycle, man will be a slave to a devil (angel?) basically, forcing them to live repressed lives of uncertainty. This world is in a Tribulation of sorts...not nessessarily biblical, but along those lines it seems.

You can't end a series totally properly with the future holding darkness and endless destruction of the same pattern over and over again. Gordon was quite clear he hired Roger to neogotiate in the past wit hthe creator, and he did not succeed, thus the need for the last RESET, but this time, despite Rogers efforts and gaining some ground evidently (as Angel and Dorothy are shown in the end of 26 now on the side of the road) he failed. He did not recover the memories, which was his purpose--Paradigm is still lost in twisted Amnesia as seen at the end of 26. We have no idea who Roger is yet, what's the connection of the lesser Domini like Benny w/ Osrail, the cause of the first Event and first RESET, etc. So much unanswered, too much to even remember really. Roger must continue on and COMPLETE his neogotiations. The series is meant for a Season 3 I beleive.

Note: Shwartzwald comes to a truth and realizes that all this time the world has "been a comedy". If he is a member of Freud's mind, he could not become self-concious of the 'TRUTH.' And Beck having connections with the BIG O, knowing its systems; and key point, line in ep 25 I think, Rosewater tells Beck his father 'didn't go far enough.' And don't think Gordon doesn't know more than he says. He knew the secret elevator and floor 666 (how do you explain that in Freudian?!--that is a strong reference for evil and thus, a world perhaps in the grip of an evil or destruction-minded entity--afterall, the same torturous history keeps repeating itself...it is never really a truth rebirth...it is always tainted thus far) Gordon talked with this "creator" to fill in a book with memories. The communication/knowledge levels are too strong to be Freudian. What of the "roger robot" visions. The assembly line. The creators threw those in there to dazzle us and leave us with more questions for season 3. At any rate, we'll have to wait for the horse's mouth to speak.

Last note: Just becuase BIG O is on Adult Swim doesn't mean its limited to Adults. It used to be on Toonami you know and was just as good. Intellegent kids and teens can get into it on a deep level just as easily. Toonami, which is often biasly labeled as 'for-kids' used to be the old adult swim of sorts, and carried with it many a fine anime like Gundam Wing, Robotech, and the Ronin Warriors. Each of which are edgy, adult-esque, with well-done to extremely complex plots. Anime is sterotyped as kiddy too often. There's ALOT of good stuff to be seen in it (despite there being a lot of dumb stuff as well).

'later

PS-- and if it wasn't clear, I've answered the question that HECK YES I want a season 3. I waited some 3 years for season 2 and emailed for its creation. I sure want a season 3 to end this gem of an anime series properly. I don't imagine the creators can **bleep** it up. I mean, come on honestly. They obviously know what they're doing in the overall sense. They're not a Lucus here. They pulled off a heck of a job overall on Season 2 after like a 2 year hiatus. You can bet their minds are brewing with the rest of the tale. Let it be told! There's nothing to lose, and EVERYTHING to gain! " - Paradigm Dog  (www.paradigm-city.com)  

"Some things should be left as they are. Symbolism and religious/psychological allusions are a good thing--but when no one can agree on what is going on, that is a very, very bad thing.

Even Moby **bleep** the most symbolic book I've ever read (and in my opinion the best work of fiction ever written) follows a plot that everyone can agree on, and those who study the book come to the same conclusions about the symbolism. It's not mysterious just for the sake of being mysterious, or open-ended just because the author ran out of ideas.

To prove my point, ask five people here to answer this question:

'Just what happened in Big O?'

You'll get five different answers, and they'll all just be supposition. And it's no fun to discuss in circles, since there is no real proof in the show to give us a definitive answer. That's why we need a season 3. The arc isn't finished. We don't know what's really going on, and, I'm sorry, Big O is NOT just in someone's head, and it's not just a television show, or something else as pointless as that. Otherwise I feel pretty cheated that the creators got me to care about characters that didn't matter (and it was pretty stupid of Roger to go to such effort protecting the citizens outside the dome, since they don't exist anyway).

Oh, and by the way, in my opinion, those who are truly immature are those who think they have all the answers, and haven't learned that no one knows as much as they think they do. " - Jane (www.paradigm-city.com)

"Yes. I'm surprised people don't see the parallel with the end of Season 1, which introduced a whole bunch of new plot threads in the last few episodes and resolved none of them. The whole tomato plotline was introduced suddenly and left hanging in midair. The "do we control them or do they control us?" bit was ramped up and left totally unresolved. Alex's delusions of grandeur were highlighted. Not to mention that every single element in WINTER NIGHT PHANTOM foreshadowed major action in Season 2. (I can't BELIEVE that people praise WINTER NIGHT PHANTOM as an example of a "stand-alone episode"!)

Then Season 2 starts to wind down, and we discover that most of the major characters are either ignorant or just plain wrong about their origins, Angel gives up on Roger but it looks like she and Dastun will become an item, and the whole bit with the stage lights, the grid, and Big Venus, which, like the main characters, we see in action but don't fully comprehend. And the long-standing thread of Dorothy's connection with Megadeuses, which became physical as well as mental in Act 26. What's up with that? And the apparent reincarnation of certain characters.

None of this was resolved. Other things were resolved, such as Angel deciding to do things Roger's way at the very end, and Angel and Dorothy making peace with each other (resolving a threat that started in Act 3). We can make shrewd guesses about the amnesia (it probably papered over a large discontinuity between the yesterday no one remembers and the today they woke up in), but lots of other stuff is still totally mysterious. There's plenty of stuff to investigate in a Season 3.

And what's the deal with Megadeuses? Everything seems to revolve around them. Alex felt he couldn't be a god without one. Angel seemed to prove him right with Big Venus. The Megadeus Connection is largely overlooked in people's Big O theories, by the way, just as the theories tend to ignore Angel, Dorothy, or both, when it's entirely clear that both women are at the center of any understanding of BIG O. " - A Clockwork Tomato (www.paradgim-city.com)

This is what I meant by detailed debate.

Message Edited by Zopwx2 on 02-20-2004 11:29 PM

Message Edited by Zopwx2 on 02-20-2004 11:42 PM

I've been to the surface and nothing is there.
KittehNerd
ShadowsDeath

Reply to Zopwx2 - Message ID#: 1384185

lol thanks for the reply...i only read half of it but ill check the site out

KittehPunk
R.I.P.scottfab

^_^ hey, I know you. You're the guy from the Anime Jump forums who I showed my cool Big O sig to. The red one with all the tomatos and Big O reaching out of the sig. Hey, how ya been?

That aside, two things:

1) if it is a religious metaphor, it couldve never lasted on toonami, as they would censor all the religious references. and they did. now that the series reran uncut, I realized just how important episode 11 really is.

2)I think the creators said somewhere that they originally made the series to sell toys of giant robots, and they didnt really decide to make a real coheisive series until around episode 10. That's why almost all the first season seems like fillers. then they went back in season 2 to season 1 and took some parts, like reintroducing Instro, to make it seem coheisive.

but hey, I'd be for season 3 if it wasnt created just to take in money from Cartoon Network.
KittehNerd
ShadowsDeath

i dont want to sound like a jerk i really did appreciate the reply and i am starting to appreciate the show even more now...so thanks

Awesome Kitteh
Zopwx2

Reply to ShadowsDeath - Message ID#: 1384350

ShadowsDeath wrote:
i dont want to sound like a jerk i really did appreciate the reply and i am starting to appreciate the show even more now...so thanks

Sure, I really don't care if anyone loves or hates big o.  Why can't people just sit back and enjoy the show...

... I've never been to the anime jump forums. Maybe you misread one of the names which I quoted from.

I just want my 3rd season.

KittehPunk
R.I.P.scottfab

Reply to Zopwx2 - Message ID#: 1384401

maybe I'm just confusing you with shredder... i suppose its just you advertising for Paradigm-City.com so much. and yes, I do go there, nice site. :smileywink:
KittehNerd
ShadowsDeath

Reply to Zopwx2 - Message ID#: 1384401

it doesnt really matter but reading even half of your post made me like it a little more and thats important...and if Galactic Lady saw this she'd kill me

Awesome Kitteh
Zopwx2

Reply to R.I.P.scottfab - Message ID#: 1384457

Shredder is the administrator of Paradigm City.

I just pimp PC around becuase I think its a really good site, and since  the highest concentration of big o fans is at their forums, I think alot of questions and information that seems to be scarce here, can be found there.
Kittehpotent
Nathjan20002

Reply to Zopwx2 - Message ID#: 1384494

I agree with Zopwx2, Season 3 all the way. Catch ya Later
KittehNerd
R.I.P.IceHunterKiller

Reply to Nathjan20002 - Message ID#: 1385522

I agree with rite. I love the show, but adding a third season would fill in too many holes... I like how you have to think about things and me and my friend love to make Big O theories
(___()-+ TNT
Swimpossible
dharma37

Reply to R.I.P.IceHunterKiller - Message ID#: 1385668

I want a third season just to see if Roger and Dorothy are going to hook up or if is going to be Roger and Angel!

Oh well we'll just have to wait!

I'm sorry. My fault. I forgot u were an idiot!
:smileyhappy:
Kittehpotent
R.I.P.Hiei_Sword

Reply to goodguy - Message ID#: 1355408

Never they will not but I dont know well I hope they dont.
KittehNerd
ShadowsDeath

Reply to R.I.P.Hiei_Sword - Message ID#: 1391153

dude shut up your a moron...

Awesome Kitteh
Zopwx2

Reply to R.I.P.Hiei_Sword - Message ID#: 1391153

Cast in the name of god ye not guilty (bump)
KittehHipster
R.I.P.Legato311

it is perfect how it is...you need to draw your own conclusions about the show
"We spend our lives learning. If you like learning, life is large."
KittehPunk
R.I.P.bongdrinker

Reply to R.I.P.Legato311 - Message ID#: 1405465

f u ck no
No one cares.................THEY CAN ALL JUST DDDIIIEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KittehHipster
R.I.P.Legato311

Reply to R.I.P.bongdrinker - Message ID#: 1405640

okay
"We spend our lives learning. If you like learning, life is large."
Kittehpotent
Parasaurolophus

Side question

Reply to R.I.P.Legato311 - Message ID#: 1405663

The 1st season of Big O didn't end with the resetting of Paradigm city, correct? I'm just wondering how the writers could further the overarching theme of the show without repeating the stories all over again.
Yeah, the ending was ambiguous, but it definitely showed that some changes had been made in the next iteration.
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty. Disclaimer: I make little attempt to spell characters' names right. I don't know Japanese Phonetics! :smileyhappy:
Kittehpotent
goodguy

Reply to pushkin - Message ID#: 1383444

I have been thinking about what I wrote and I have come to the conclusion that the show is worth seeing even if the ending leaves too many unanswered questions.  I think the show is more fun if you don't try to figure it out. If you watch it expecting to get answers you will only be disappointed.
I can only sign onto the Internet for one hour a day, because I have to use the computer in the Free Publc Library. This stinks. "SIGH"
Kittehpotent
R.I.P.madboy300

does big O even have a third season?
Kittehpotent
R.I.P.Jon_McGuirk

YES!! BIG O Should most definatly have a third season .. ive been soo entranced with the dvds that to add another aspect to the big o series would be enthralling
http://sigx.yuriy.net/images/sgx1/xthe+shocker.png