KittehFan
R.I.P.LordShmeckie

Re: Should Big O have a third season?

Reply to SpellBinder - Message ID#: 1795811

They're the co-producer because they got it going again and helped head production of Season 2.
Lord Shmeckie

Adult Swim's resident villainophile
Since when do the good guys get all the apocalyptic power? Never, that's when!
KittehStar
SpellBinder

Reply to R.I.P.LordShmeckie - Message ID#: 1795854

Yeah, but also suggests that CN had influence on who got to work on the 2nd season and such. Assuming that all of the old crew could have been brought back, maybe some of them wanted more $$$ than CN and/or other producers were willing to pay.
MySpace -- MAL -- "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin -- What is more important in a political candidate: Trustworthiness or Intelligence? -- "To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." Douglas Adams
KittehPunk
R.I.P.The_Negotiator

Reply to SpellBinder - Message ID#: 1795883

yes!!! Big O needs a third season. Id like to see where they planned (or did not) on taking the series. I kind of liked the original ending, but kind of hated it as well. nice because you could let your imagination run rampant, but not so nice because you never knew for sure, know what I mean?

HEY CARTOON NETWORK!!!! season 2 kicked **bleep** hardcore, thanks a heap!!!!!! a Season 3 would own ALL! pretty please? with sugar on top?
Kittehpotent
R.I.P.Zolf

Reply to goodguy - Message ID#: 1355408

What they need to do is go back in time and prevent the first season from ever being created. That would make the world an infinitely better place.
KittehPunk
R.I.P.The_Negotiator

Reply to R.I.P.Zolf - Message ID#: 1796544

Zolf wrote:
What they need to do is go back in time and prevent the first season from ever being created. That would make the world an infinitely better place.

man o man!! if they had time travel, they can go and cap those assholes that thought up inuyasha instead and make the trip REALLY worth while!! I could really do without that tripe clogging up the airwaves for half an hour before the good shows come on. magical jewels and half demons? please..... almost as bad as WHR, dont even get me started on that.......

If you dont like the show, don't post in the thread. You don't see me crapping on inuyasha threads, do you?
KittehStar
SpellBinder

[ Edited ]

Reply to R.I.P.The_Negotiator - Message ID#: 1796606

Man, I'm glad I did a tripple check there. Almost thought you were flaming Inuyahsa and WHR pretty badly (maybe I need some sleep). I'm not fond of people who post spam like that. Now if you can give at least a half-hearted, good reason, I'm okay with that. Everyone's entitled to an opinion (just please give a good reason other than "[insert title] s|_|x0r$").

But you do have a point, The_Negotiator. If you don't like a particular series, try to keep calm about it when reading posts of those who do. I ain't the biggest Inuyasha fan there is (despite my icon), but I let the true fans of the series alone.

Message Edited by SpellBinder on 03-20-2004 03:11 AM

MySpace -- MAL -- "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin -- What is more important in a political candidate: Trustworthiness or Intelligence? -- "To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." Douglas Adams
Kittehpotent
R.I.P.Zolf

Reply to R.I.P.The_Negotiator - Message ID#: 1796606

Don't take it so seriously. It's just a dumb joke, I don't particularly think badly of Big O. The thread topic just seemed like an easy opportunity for my pathetic attempts at wit. I'm sorry if I offended you.
KittehStar
apollyonrc

no more big o there is so many other better anime out there it need to end sometime
What's with these new people and their feelings. They are killing the sweet smell of apathy and sarcasm-me
KittehPunk
R.I.P.The_Negotiator

Reply to apollyonrc - Message ID#: 1796745

HA ha, yeah. I dont anything very seriously. the internet is just a fun place. as far as WHR goes, reasons that I don't like it are the main character just mopes around with those stupid things in her hair, and sometimes does something. mostly talks and whines tho. Kind of reminds me of kikaider. But at least you had some good action in kikaider. and about inuyasha, its just too, I dunno sailormoon-esque for my tastes. not as bad as sailormoon tho. It did put me to sleep and made me miss ep 24 of Big O, the one where schwarzvalds ghost comes back and Big O kicks Big Duo's **bleep** for the second time.

maybe its just 'cause I like action anime, with emphasis on action. I like DBZ when they actually do something like fight. That happens about every 10th episode, lol! I also like anime that makes you think, and thats the reason I like Big O. It gets you wondering what the hell did happen 40 yrs ago, and if you watch the last episode, its very philisophical. It makes one question ones existance. How do you know your not a hologram? could you prove it?

I do think that a third season of Big O could **bleep**. but then again, it could kick major arse if done correctly. I guess it would all boil down to if they made it just to make money, or to please the fans of the series.
KittehNerd
R.I.P.yashasgurl12002

Big O should have a thrid and final season But if you didnt see the very begining seriously, dont watch it I need to figure out what the heck the show is is try to put out I dont understand what happend afterward.  
that seems to be a problem for me so when you get that fixed then we'll talk.......
I like your arrival now lets see your departure
Awesome Kitteh
FayLover6976

Reply to SpellBinder - Message ID#: 1795883

I thought that the creation of a season three was still up in the air,It hasn't been stamped out yet has it???
"The Verbal Assassin"....
Steadily talking trash to the garbage around me....
Wit is educated insolence....
KittehNerd
Alissa

Reply to FayLover6976 - Message ID#: 1800700

Still up in the air, as far as I know.
Awesome Kitteh
Zopwx2

Reply to Alissa - Message ID#: 1802313

I think the end of season 2 was left open ended on purpose.

And it was unsatisfying, I mean this thing is: http://irev.net/r_smith/behmoth-more%20plans-2.png

and it was only in the show for like 10 seconds, and thats just one of a whole bunch of things that were never explained.
I've been to the surface and nothing is there.
KittehNerd
R.I.P.tazelbain

Reply to scoobdog - Message ID#: 1432149

Because Big O is a show about a show. Next, season should be a new show. The next show could be a remake of "Three's Company" starting Roger, Dorthy, and Angel. Daustin(sp?) can be the landlord.
KittehStar
SpellBinder

Reply to FayLover6976 - Message ID#: 1800700

FayLover6976 wrote:
I thought that the creation of a season three was still up in the air,It hasn't been stamped out yet has it???

Not that I've seen or heard. Pretty much the odds for a 3rd season are 50/50. Either there will be or there won't be.
KittehPunk
R.I.P.Balmung_AzUre_Sky

Big O **bleep** anyway, its a big rip off of Evangelion plus a show that **bleep** shouldnt be on for this long
Desendant of Fianna
KittehPunk
R.I.P.blackmoore

Reply to R.I.P.Balmung_AzUre_Sky - Message ID#: 1818937

i'd like a third season as long as they didn't jerk us around during the last episode and leave more questions then answers which is all you really wanted in the first place for closure
KittehFan
CablesInside

[ Edited ]

Reply to Zopwx2 - Message ID#: 1809680

Zopxw wrote:

I think the end of season 2 was left open ended on purpose.

And it was unsatisfying, I mean this thing is: http://irev.net/r_smith/behmoth-more%20plans-2.png

and it was only in the show for like 10 seconds, and thats just one of a whole bunch of things that were never explained.

very nice job on finding this
i would've liked seeing a battle between that and big o
notice that it has the archetype/big skeleton head
is this the behemoth that vera was talking about?

Message Edited by CablesInside on 03-21-2004 05:20 PM

Message Edited by CablesInside on 03-21-2004 05:22 PM

[insert pithy sesshomaru/knives anti-human quote, or wanna-be genius drivel here]

www.savebigo.com (it calls to you)
Kittehpotent
Parasaurolophus

Reply to R.I.P.mystagrimm - Message ID#: 1795725

mystagrimm wrote:
Yes!! But if they do make a 3rd season, I hope the quality of animation is better than the 2nd season...I just started watching BIg O recently but did anyone notice the dip in animation quality in season in 2 when compared to the first season. 

I thought the animation quality was just as good, although I could definately tell when CN took over the show. Of course, I don't have a trained eye for it. But the style of animation, the visual tricks, are definately still there in the 2nd season. The last ep is an example: Venus and Big O walking into each other? The camera work on Angel's set? Such eye candy.
Now if only WHR did that /sigh/
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty. Disclaimer: I make little attempt to spell characters' names right. I don't know Japanese Phonetics! :smileyhappy:
KittehNerd
The_Grinch

well ya there should be a third season in my opnion the never was a ending in the seconed season
Everyone says toys are imature, so are nipples but we still play with them.
Awesome Kitteh
Zopwx2

Reply to Parasaurolophus - Message ID#: 1835834

Actually the animation change (which I wasn't a fan of) was not CN's fault. its due to the fact that most anime is switching from cell animation to computer animation.

Thank "R.Smith" from the paradigm city forums for scanning the official companion book (entirley in japanese unfortunatly)

Enjoy studying these for a while:

I've been to the surface and nothing is there.
Kittehpotent
Parasaurolophus

Reply to Zopwx2 - Message ID#: 1836224

Hey thanks for the pics! So maybe it wasn't the quality I was noticing, but the imagery. The second season they start getting metaphorical and talking about tomatoes, so I might have picked up on the symbols more.
That city diagram seems really interesting- almost as if they could raise the city out of the water if they wanted to... possibly a way NYC tried to combat rising sea level in the future? Of course, that technology would have been lost after the apocalypse. hmmmmmm....
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty. Disclaimer: I make little attempt to spell characters' names right. I don't know Japanese Phonetics! :smileyhappy:
KittehHipster
DarkManifest

I completely disagree with a third season.  Not because I'm a beeyotch like that or because I think Big O's ending was as satisfying as Cowboy Bebop's (because God knows it wasn't) but because the questions we need answered can be covered in a prequel OVA, with snazzier animation and some killer robot fights.  I mean, who wouldn't want to see a Big O movie? Really.

Remember that episode Roger the Wanderer? Where he was walking through Paradigm as it was before whatever cataclysm took everything to hell? I'd like to see a movie about that.  See why Roger was known as Major, what the real Dorothy Wayneright was like, Michael Seebach's discovery of the Archetype underground, what Angel and Roger's relationship as military personnel might have been, and what it was, exactly, Gordon Rosewater asked the original Roger Smith to do that led to his (alleged) death.

Why, you may ask, shouldn't all that be covered in season three? Because it wouldn't take thirteen more episodes to go over it, and because thirteen more episodes are just going to open yet more questions.  I mean, we howled for season two after season one left us hanging and look where we are now.  Just to spite us, the writers might make it even _worse_ at the end of Season 3.

On a side note, I've found comfort in thinking of Big O as one big metaphor.  Don't take it too literally, and you may find you understand it more.  Sort of like the Bible (references to which show up a lot in the series, but I digress.)
"I'm going to have you fired and then I'm going to have you killed and then I'm going to cut your funding."
KittehNerd
R.I.P.gusgusdamouse

Reply to DarkManifest - Message ID#: 1838585

that's actually the best counter to a third season i've seen. congratulations!
Swimmer in exile...
KittehHipster
DarkManifest

Reply to R.I.P.gusgusdamouse - Message ID#: 1838615

gusgusdamouse wrote:
that's actually the best counter to a third season i've seen. congratulations!

Thank you.  ^_^
"I'm going to have you fired and then I'm going to have you killed and then I'm going to cut your funding."