KittehFan
Demetric

Re: Should Big O have a third season?

Reply to goodguy - Message ID#: 1355408

You khit it right ont he head the need a 3ed season just to clear things up.  Right i have many ideas some of which i'm sure are kinda right but that doesn't matter.  Why doesn't it matter because even if i'm right or someone else is will never know unless they make a 3ed season.

So to the ppl at willams Strets Plz listen to the labs rats that we are and give us a third season
Lets see if doing this will cause me problem. ever get bored and wanna talk my aim is demetric1300
KittehHotshot
GreyFox34

I was under the impression that the Big O series was all done.  All it does really is revert back to the way things were (at the beginning of the series anyway).  So it is my opionion that Big O will NOT have a third season.  And if it did it would be something stupid like "When Roger gets Kinky With Nympho Android" or some thing to that effect.  *shiver* I get uneasy chills just thinking about it.
KittehFan
Demetric

Reply to GreyFox34 - Message ID#: 1839302

You make a very good point save one aspect can you really say you know what Roger Smith is.  Yes we know he's a tomato but is he a robot to boot is ha just a actert int he greatest play ever.  We need a 3ed if for noting more then one hour long episode that ties up the lose ends.  Right now i get that feeling i get at the end of Bebop you know great series but you still have questions.
Lets see if doing this will cause me problem. ever get bored and wanna talk my aim is demetric1300
KittehFan
R.I.P.CuChullainkiller

Reply to Zopwx2 - Message ID#: 1836224

Good points in this discussion all around...

But the last pic you posted brought somethign too my attention.  I'd never looked closely at the lights that are high in the sky even above the domes.  I'd always assumed they were simply gigantic bright hanging lights or spotlights too provide fake light too the people of the city...but when you look close, they are in actuallity gigantic stage lights...the types used for palys or live t.v. shows...

so this could be a point in favor for those who feel Big O is actually some kind of "Truman Show"

GOD has sent me to punish you for your sins!
How do I know that you have sinned?
Because, if you had not sinned, then God would not have sent me!
Kittehpotent
Parasaurolophus

Reply to DarkManifest - Message ID#: 1838585

I understand your sentiment, and I tend to agree. I would totally support a prequel or a movie that gives more information (Roger the Wanderer is my fav ep!).
I still think it would be interesting to have a 3rd season that works through the next iteration. If Big O is a metaphor for Lucifer's stuggle and the downfall of man, what would happen when someone outside the box (Roger the Negotiator) changes the variables? They may not be able to get 13 eps out of it, but im sure it would still be very interesting.
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty. Disclaimer: I make little attempt to spell characters' names right. I don't know Japanese Phonetics! :smileyhappy:
KittehNerd
R.I.P.gusgusdamouse

GreyFox34 wrote:
And if it did it would be something stupid like "When Roger gets Kinky With Nympho Android" or some thing to that effect.  *shiver* I get uneasy chills just thinking about it.

That's not "Big O." That's something else entirely. "Big F***ing O."
Swimmer in exile...
KittehHipster
DarkManifest

Reply to Parasaurolophus - Message ID#: 1865337

Parasaurolophus wrote:
I understand your sentiment, and I tend to agree. I would totally support a prequel or a movie that gives more information (Roger the Wanderer is my fav ep!).
I still think it would be interesting to have a 3rd season that works through the next iteration. If Big O is a metaphor for Lucifer's stuggle and the downfall of man, what would happen when someone outside the box (Roger the Negotiator) changes the variables? They may not be able to get 13 eps out of it, but im sure it would still be very interesting.

I thought the end of the series already covered those variables.  Roger Smith succeeded in his role as Negotiator against the force known as Big Venus (which is a relation to Lucifer).  He stood up for humanity and won, against both Venus and Big Fau.  At least, that was the impression I recieved during the last thirty seconds.
"I'm going to have you fired and then I'm going to have you killed and then I'm going to cut your funding."
KittehHipster
MeggieMay

Actually the last episode doesn't "reset" things to the begining. While it uses similar dialog and images from the earlier episodes, Roger drives by *both* R. Dorothy and Angel. Roger doesn't know either character in the first episode (he actually doesn't meant Angel until ep 3), so something has seriously  changed IMO.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Big O needs a third season or a movie or what but I personally wouldn't mind seeing more of the show to see if they decided to do it :smileyhappy:

PS: Has anyone else noticed that in the last episode Gordon Rosewaters book erases his name and puts in Angels? I found that very fascinating!
KittehFan
AniMEJuNki3

Reply to R.I.P.Jon_McGuirk - Message ID#: 1432090

I think myself Big-O is one of the worst shows on [AdultswiM]. Ive watched it all the way through once and thats all i need of that i wished [as] would have thought before they got the second season of Big-O, and if there ever going to get a third season (which i hope they don't) I dont know what kinda stuff there smokin.
Sig Coming Soon.
KittehNerd
R.I.P.gusgusdamouse

Reply to AniMEJuNki3 - Message ID#: 1871154

MeggieMay wrote:
Actually the last episode doesn't "reset" things to the begining. While it uses similar dialog and images from the earlier episodes, Roger drives by *both* R. Dorothy and Angel. Roger doesn't know either character in the first episode (he actually doesn't meant Angel until ep 3), so something has seriously  changed IMO.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Big O needs a third season or a movie or what but I personally wouldn't mind seeing more of the show to see if they decided to do it :smileyhappy:

PS: Has anyone else noticed that in the last episode Gordon Rosewaters book erases his name and puts in Angels? I found that very fascinating!

Yeah, I thought it was cool how things changed after the apparent reset. I also thought it was cool that the name changed, nice work on that MeggieMay. Could it be that Angel is taking Gordon's place?

AniMEJuNki3 wrote:
I think myself Big-O is one of the worst shows on [AdultswiM]. Ive watched it all the way through once and thats all i need of that i wished [as] would have thought before they got the second season of Big-O, and if there ever going to get a third season (which i hope they don't) I dont know what kinda stuff there smokin.

Oddly enough, I actually like the second season better than the first.
Swimmer in exile...
Kittehpotent
R.I.P.HumanoidTyphoon01

Reply to MeggieMay - Message ID#: 1869541

I believe that Big O should have a third season. The season ended much like Cowboy Bebop but Big O left you with many more questions than Bebop. I have heard many different theories on the show (many from DomoKun_of_Doom) but the could and should go on, i need the questions to be answered so DomoKun_of_Doom will stop asking me about it.
May you go with God's protection... oh yeah thanks for the apple
Kittehpotent
Parasaurolophus

Reply to DarkManifest - Message ID#: 1868887

I thought the end of the series already covered those variables.  Roger Smith succeeded in his role as Negotiator against the force known as Big Venus (which is a relation to Lucifer).  He stood up for humanity and won, against both Venus and Big Fau.  At least, that was the impression I recieved during the last thirty seconds.

In response:  While it is true that Roger modified the reset, so the beginning is different, it is unclear if it was enough to prevent the next reset.  Everyone loses their memories, and despite the new situation, it is possible that Angel (or someone in her stead) resets Paradigm.  If the true nature of man is to be corrupt and sinful (bringing in a hypothetical theological explanation), and Lucifer is replaying their downfall, then Paradigm will still reset, although the events would be different.  That is why I would like to see this continuation.  When Gordon Rosewater passed on his book, does that mean he is written out of the new iteration?  Is an Angel truly in control the entire time, or is she only one in a succession of keepers of the simulation?  I don't believe these questions are answered in the last 30 seconds.  Although a new season wouldn't necessarily shed light on these hypotheses, it would give them more fodder to chew on.
Anyway, I just love the animation and the writing, so even if they added filler eps, I would be happy!  :smileyhappy:
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty. Disclaimer: I make little attempt to spell characters' names right. I don't know Japanese Phonetics! :smileyhappy:
KittehNerd
R.I.P.aircooledman_04

Reply to R.I.P.HumanoidTyphoon01 - Message ID#: 1873004

I've got some ideas for some episodes in a possible 3rd season of Big O:

--A fourth big: Big **bleep**! I got the idea after watching South Park one night (for you South Park buffs out there, it was episode #510: How to Eat With Your Butt. In it, Cartman took a picture of Kenny, who posed so his **bleep** was showing out of his hood, then Cartman got the photo put on a milk carton, and two actual **bleep**-faces who really had buttocks where their faces should be saw it and thought it was their missing son). I got a hell of a laugh at that idea and thought, "They should make an episode of Big O that's like that. This "Big **bleep**" robot would really be shaped like, you guessed it, a giant **bleep**. And its dominus would have an **bleep** where his face should be (lol).

--An episode where Roger has to do negotiations with a black white supremacist and a white family whose last name happens to be the N-word (borrowed from Chappelle's Show on Comedy Central, where thay had two such sketches).

--A crossover of Big O and Family Guy! All the Family Guy characters could be done over in anime style like they did recently on South Park. Maybe Beck could return for this one!

--Some eps to clear up loose ends.

Yours,

aircooledman_04
Inuyasha--the anime equivalent of crack. One hit and you're addicted!
KittehHipster
DarkManifest

Reply to Parasaurolophus - Message ID#: 1878081

Parasaurolophus wrote:

In response:  While it is true that Roger modified the reset, so the beginning is different, it is unclear if it was enough to prevent the next reset.  Everyone loses their memories, and despite the new situation, it is possible that Angel (or someone in her stead) resets Paradigm.  If the true nature of man is to be corrupt and sinful (bringing in a hypothetical theological explanation), and Lucifer is replaying their downfall, then Paradigm will still reset, although the events would be different.  That is why I would like to see this continuation.  When Gordon Rosewater passed on his book, does that mean he is written out of the new iteration?  Is an Angel truly in control the entire time, or is she only one in a succession of keepers of the simulation?  I don't believe these questions are answered in the last 30 seconds.  Although a new season wouldn't necessarily shed light on these hypotheses, it would give them more fodder to chew on.
Anyway, I just love the animation and the writing, so even if they added filler eps, I would be happy!  :smileyhappy:

Ah, but I give you a new chicken to chew upon.

Rosewater gave Angel the book to _finish_ writing it; it was already halfway done.  She wasn't supposed to erase it and rewrite it altogether, which I think goes against the theory of the world being reset.  Gordon claimed that he had written the book based on echoes of memories in his dreams.  He claimed Angel was the true author, which was why it was her name that appeared on the cover when she finished writing it.

The world was not reset, which was why I say Roger succeeded in his negotiations - he succeeded in convincing Angel/Big Venus that she didn't have to rewrite the person she was now as he knew her - she had to move forward into the future to make new memories.  And in order for her to do this, she had to stop erasing things and starting over from the beginning.  Venus did not "reset" the world.  She left it as it was to proceed into the future.  An allusion to the words: "The show must go on." Also to the final words, "We have come to terms."

This is why I believe a prequel OVA would be more appropriate - the characters have already reached their own form of peace.  They have accepted their world as it is - they shouldn't be tortured with yet more seasons.  But the mysteries as to what the hisell happened in the _first_ place is what we need to be told.  And you can't continue a series with a prequel, so . . .

"I'm going to have you fired and then I'm going to have you killed and then I'm going to cut your funding."
KittehFan
CablesInside

Reply to DarkManifest - Message ID#: 1891740

DarkManifest wrote:

Rosewater gave Angel the book to _finish_ writing it; it was already halfway done.  She wasn't supposed to erase it and rewrite it altogether, which I think goes against the theory of the world being reset.  Gordon claimed that he had written the book based on echoes of memories in his dreams.  He claimed Angel was the true author, which was why it was her name that appeared on the cover when she finished writing it.

The world was not reset, which was why I say Roger succeeded in his negotiations - he succeeded in convincing Angel/Big Venus that she didn't have to rewrite the person she was now as he knew her - she had to move forward into the future to make new memories.  And in order for her to do this, she had to stop erasing things and starting over from the beginning.  Venus did not "reset" the world.  She left it as it was to proceed into the future.  An allusion to the words: "The show must go on." Also to the final words, "We have come to terms."

This is why I believe a prequel OVA would be more appropriate - the characters have already reached their own form of peace.  They have accepted their world as it is - they shouldn't be tortured with yet more seasons.  But the mysteries as to what the hisell happened in the _first_ place is what we need to be told.  And you can't continue a series with a prequel, so . . .

i'm not so sure that rosewater gave angel the book
his book seemed to fade out with him like big fau and everythign else did when big venus touched them
like maybe he accepted he could do no more, and maybe deleted himself
when does he say that angel is the true author?
i am reluctant to think that angel is the original author, or the creator of the whole scenario
i think that perhaps the rosewaters kept passing down being the author, and expanding themselves as the aristocracy
then gordon realized the mistake in this, and decided that the city would only succeed ina completely different manner
that's how i see it at least
[insert pithy sesshomaru/knives anti-human quote, or wanna-be genius drivel here]

www.savebigo.com (it calls to you)
KittehHipster

no
please no more!
Itunes: Gundamn
KittehNerd
R.I.P.gusgusdamouse

Reply to DarkManifest - Message ID#: 1891740

DarkManifest wrote:

Ah, but I give you a new chicken to chew upon.

Fascinating, but if it was meant to be a peaceful ending, it would have been a lot clearer IMO. I don't think it quite adds up yet.
Swimmer in exile...
Kittehpotent
icehead

I'd say no.  I mean heck, the second season is pretty confusing, but I think you're still supposed to figure it out on your own.  Adding a third season I think would destroy what the writers had in mind.  Besides, who's to say that a third season wouldn't just be more confusing, and alienate the fans the show still has?
Get close to the sun, and all you'll do is burn up.
KittehFan
Demetric

Ok i have somemore thoughts on why we need a 3ed ok now 40 years ago Gorden Rosewater rest the world.  What that means as far as i can tell is the curtains clossed the light dimed an they props were removed.  Now when the curtain opened again and the lights returned the people had no memories.

Now skip to the line. A bird who's wings have been plucked will turn back into the beat it was before it evolved into a bird.  That's really a long-winded line.

Ok so what this mean is i'm a bird my wings a choped off so if i was  a fish before that's what i return too.  Now it's clear Angel has is no longer a bird so she became the runner of Venus.  The problem is what does that really mean is she now the auther is she God i mean what.

She reset the world as Gorden did but when he did we knew clearly what happend the ppl lost their memories.  But now we don't know what's going on Dorthy and Angel stand together so did they forget.  Come on we still don't have a accurate explanation of what a Domenus is.  Or even why it says cast in the name of god.

All we really know is the world has been reset again

KittehPunk
R.I.P.Leoinlove

Reply to goodguy - Message ID#: 1426764

I agree that all the questions shouldn't be filled in, and yes, it might be a very intreging ending. However, I personally would like to see something more that the entire world resetting again. A sign of some progress isn't really enough for me. But I also think that unless they were careful the series could become stale (ah the evil of filler episodes). On a completly unrelated coment-- Someone mentioned that they thought Angel was in resposible for the reset? Angel was just as confused as everyone else! While she and Dorothy are important, they are not the power in charge. I'm going to go look at that www.paradigm-city.com place, looks interesting :smileyhappy:
O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.
KittehFan
Demetric

Reply to R.I.P.Leoinlove - Message ID#: 1908679

Yes that someone would be me and yes i agree Angel was so very lost as to how the reset went down.  I also agree i don't want a 3ed just crapped out i want the same time an thought put into it. I don't care if it takes another 3 years to do it right i want a 3ed season tru but i want it done right.
KittehNerd
R.I.P.dominuce

Reply to Demetric - Message ID#: 1912729

i agree they should make a 3rd season but put as much time and effort into it as season 1 and 2.
CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD. YE NOT GUILTY
KittehNerd
R.I.P.gusgusdamouse

Reply to R.I.P.dominuce - Message ID#: 1913177

Demetric wrote:
Yes that someone would be me and yes i agree Angel was so very lost as to how the reset went down. I also agree i don't want a 3ed just crapped out i want the same time an thought put into it. I don't care if it takes another 3 years to do it right i want a 3ed season tru but i want it done right.

dominuce wrote:
i agree they should make a 3rd season but put as much time and effort into it as season 1 and 2.

As much time and effort into it as season 1 and 2 combined as far as I'm concerned (likewise, a 4th season would require as much time as seasons 1-3 combined, if it was necessary). I would love for Big O to somehow wrap up all the mysteries by the end without destroying that feeling of mystery.
Swimmer in exile...
KittehFan
Demetric

Reply to R.I.P.gusgusdamouse - Message ID#: 1918337

You know your sig says it best

I think i know I don't think I know

We need more Big O i'd honestly love to see new episods go as long as they can but only it they were quaility HIGH QUAILITY

Awesome Kitteh
Zopwx2

Reply to Demetric - Message ID#: 1918460

Of course they will be of high quality! When have they ever let us down.

CN and Sunrise knew what they were doing with season 2.

I'm sure they can, and want to do a season 3.
I've been to the surface and nothing is there.