Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimNerd
imrepairmanmanmanman

McGruder speaks on Red Tails, dodges Boondocks ?s.

Someone at The Boondocks message board on IMDb dropped this link:

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/01/19/red-tails-aaron-mcgruder_n_1
217128.html

It's an interview where Aaaron McGruder talks about 'Red Tails,' a film he's been working on with George Lucas. I haven't yet seen the film (plan to), but it's a good interview with no spoilers. At the end, the interviewer(?) tries to sneak in a few questions about The Boondocks returning for a fourth season, and possibly a movie:

Will "Boondocks" ever return to TV in some kind of format?

I'm just going to have to pass on that question. [Laughs]

Have you ever thought about mounting -- directing and designing -- an animated feature? Making an American anime for American audiences?

All I can say, um [Laughs] All I can say is, I can't say anything.

Did I stumble on something?

What did you say: "interview's over"? Interview's over!

He's not saying yes, not saying no. What do  you think that's about?

Good Morning Sunshine
itsacoaster

Re: McGruder speaks on Red Tails, dodges Boondocks

Reply to imrepairmanmanmanman - Message ID#: 63430305

A lot of times, these show creators are sworn to secrecy before the ink is dry on the contract.

But sometimes other folks "accidentally" leak info, at least according to this poster:
http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/General-Comedy-Discussion/shows-u-
cant-wait-4-2come-back/m-p/63356437...
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
"Seth McFarlene [sic] is ####ing Mike Lazzo." - dudeco
"He's correct on all fronts" - 770312 talking about itsacoaster
AIM: itsacoaster | My Anime List | Index of Lucy clips on AS video
Praise Rang in the highest. Hosanna.
My website that I never update
SwimHipster
sodakandy

[ Edited ]

Wow! I think he's just tired and overwhemled. He has a lot of pressure on his hands, since fans are begging him for the Boondocks to make a comeback. I recently seen a picture if him on google and he didn't look well at all. Photo:http://www.blackfilm.com/read/2011/10/nycc-red-tails-aaron-mcgrud
er/
I hope he's okay. As a fan I want him to take his time : ). Or his reasons for not answering is because it's not his job to promoted yet, since it's in the works. A lot procucers and writers do.

SwimPunk
SenatorGuyrich

"An American anime for American audiences?"

What.... like Avatar: The Last Airbender?

I think it's about time for Aaron to make a new show... Seth McFarlane and Matt Groening and Williams Street and Mike Judge get to make a bunch of shows... Boondocks I think is, on a technical level, one of the most impressive adult cartoons. It combines the dry cynical humor of Daria with the biting satire of South Park and adds gorgeous animation.... I'd like to see what Aaron would do with a second show.