SwimNerd
AnHonestSong

The Uncle Ruckus Live Action Film progress

[ Edited ]

Their recent (hilarious) update with the Grammy's has seemed to win a lot of people over about this film. I think everyone's beginning to warm up to it now. The people still whining about season 4 seem to be greatly outnumbered now.
Honestly, I'm so glad that they didn't let the hate get to them and give up. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I REALLY hope they meet their financial goal and make this movie. I was angry about this project and taking it way too seriously at first, but then I remember--who has ever taken Ruckus seriously? This guy is suppose to be laughed at. I can't wait to watch this movie. We should all consider it the "appetizer" before Season 4. Wow, I've lightened up a whole lot in just a few short weeks, lol.

"I should start doing my homework, but that's exactly what the government wants and I cannot let them win. Not again."
SwimPunk
priorityqueue

Re: The Uncle Ruckus Live Action Film progress

Reply to AnHonestSong - Message ID#: 67299923

Maybe some of them actually opened up like you did. Other probably did some research and saw that season 4 was announced and confirmed. The rest probably just forgot about this due to their ignorance and short attention spans
SwimHipster
sodakandy

*Rant* I'm sorry, but at this point some of those "fans" don't deserve a new season. I can't believe that I'm saying this, but Aaron should  post another message on FB putting them in their places and make us wait longer even if the season was finished, but luckily Aaron is nice enough to not do that to his fans . He made this movie just for his fans and all they do is stomp on his work  and whine impatiently in return. I agree with Imrepairman that there are always going to be people who aren't going to look past the humor aspect of shows like this, but they don't have to call Aaron names, or say what he "needs" to do, and claim that they're fans -_-. Aaron doesn't owe us anything, we owe him respect for his hardwork and appreciate that he made a new season. I'm not going to put myself on a pedestal and try to make it seem like I'm a better fan then they are, but that's just like saying that you say that you love your mom, but behind closed doors when she puts broccoli on your plate, you stab her hand with a fork until she bleeds heavily and then you threaten her to clean the blood off of the kitchen floor like you are parent of the house.

Let him kick back and laugh at his idiot fanbase, and let him see where this goes, and that's another thing, I don't understand how they are fans of the show, but they get so offended by Ruckus. Don't they understand that he's suppose to be that way? Also where did this fanbase even come from?  I never seen so much negative vibes from The Boondocks fanbase until now, and I thought that a lot of his fans were big Ruckus fans as well, but I guess I was wrong.

SwimNerd
AnHonestSong

[ Edited ]

Reply to sodakandy - Message ID#: 67300697

Honestly, Aaron is just getting too old for this ridicule. And by old, I mean he's been in this business long enough to hear and read every negative name thrown at him or any other slander. Do I think he cares?? Maybe a little, but if this uproar about the Ruckus movie was actually hurting  his feelings before, he has to be numb to it by now.

I'm sure he thinks a lot of his "fans" are just a bunch of immature/unintelligent  individuals who don't look too far into the metaphors of the show. I mean..half the time, the moral of the episode is quickly revealed once Huey opens his mouth! But clearly people still don't get it or appreciate how hard he works to even produce an animated show as good as this one.

But at the end of the day, The Boondocks is just Aaron's source of income and us fans are just lucky to watch a show that actually means something. Thankfully Aaron has continued to put in effort into making sure it does. If 1 person per 100,000 fans actually learns something  from each episode, then I call that a success. I'm sure Aaron feels that way too. If he didn't, he probably would've stopped The Boondocks before it ever became a TV series. And if I know Aaron (or from what I know of him), I don't think all this ridicule is phasing him too much. He's too brilliant to let a bunch of "ni99as" offend him. I don't know about anyone else, but there's no way I can personally get offended by some incoherent buffoon of a fan who can't even make sure his/her insult towards me is SPELLED CORRECTLY. They can't possibly be hurting his feelings, why would he take seriously any person who acts like they have only one brain cell? I'm pretty sure Aaron is going to release the show when HE is ready, you can't rush brilliance. I'm sure he wouldn't want less than what his vision is to go down in history. I don't think all these people commenting, "Season 4 or gtfo!!" are speeding up the production process AT ALL.

I think all these fans who claimed to be "Uncle Ruckus fans" in the past are now Stinkmeaner fans, lol. If I hear one more person say, "I'd rather watch a live action movie of Stinkmeaner" I'm going to scream. Stinkmeaner was THE KING of ni9ga moments, how could anyone BUT A NI99A actually like his character?? A lot of his fans love to love Stinkmeaner and that says a lot about them. At least Uncle Ruckus is an expert at exaggerating the shortcomings of the black race in a somewhat clever way....Stinkmeaner is just an expert at being a ni99a.

All these so-called fans ridiculing Aaron really are just acting like ni99as, which is sad because the show ridicules exactly what they represent--ni9gas!

And of course I mean ni99a in the same way that Gin Rummy so perfectly put it once--"a general term for ignorant motherf**ckers"

:smileyhappy:

"I should start doing my homework, but that's exactly what the government wants and I cannot let them win. Not again."
SwimNerd
imrepairmanmanmanman

Learned a little bit more about the movie. Gary Anthony Williams was recently was on a Geek Nation poscast called Gecken. You can listen to it here:
http://www.geeknation.com/podcasts/gecken-ep-09-the-one-with-andr
ew-bowen-and-gary-anthony-williams/

I checked it out hoping to hear him say something about Season 4. The only time he really mentions the show is with regards to his character and Aaron McGruder. Nothing else really. What he does mention is the Kickstarter project. He was asked if any of the other regular Boondocks characters will make an appearsnce in the show. GAW says not really, the movie would be more about his family. He mentions that one of Uncle Ruckus brothers married a White woman, which was mentioned in the show. He goes on to say that they have a daughter, his niece, whom Uncle Ruckus loves dearly since she's the closest thing to a White blood relative he has. He becomes her wedding planner. He also metioned that he and McGruder were talking about Stinkmeaner being an unlikely but possible addition.
SwimPunk
priorityqueue

Reply to imrepairmanmanmanman - Message ID#: 67350659

Ehhh... the plot doesn't potentially sound very good. I mean they devoted two entire episodes to Ruckus, one of those being devoted to him and his dysfunctional family. They killed off Mister and his Grandma, so I don't really see how the live action film will expand on their family. Also it seems that there probably won't be any deeper commentary/meaning on the world, which I was looking forward to
SwimNerd
AnHonestSong

[ Edited ]

Reply to imrepairmanmanmanman - Message ID#: 67350659

Not gonna lie, I was a bit more excited for this movie before I heard of this plot. If there's any hope for them to squeeze out any interesting social commentary from this, then good luck to them. I hope Mister and Ruckus's grandma will still be alive just for the movie, maybe to cause some drama at the wedding?

And I doubt Stinkmeaner will be present. First of all, Cedric (his voice actor) looks nothing like Stinkmeaner, lol! If Stinkmeaner's gonna be in the movie, the voice has to be on point for true comedic effect. They shouldn't even try to find someone else lol.

SwimNerd
imrepairmanmanmanman

Reply to priorityqueue - Message ID#: 67350757

Well he didn't specify if the wedding planning thing was supposed to be the main plot. He made a point that the movie was involved him and his family.
SwimPunk
AllenTheGood

I'm hoping this movie includes more complex humor as opposed to slapstick humor.
youtube.com/AllenTheGood