Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hell's Minions
itsacoaster

Season 2 production; Sedaris replaces Schaal

According to The Futon Critic, the production for Season 2 of The Heart, She Holler has begun. In the mixed feelings department, it seems as though Amy Sedaris, star of Strangers with Candy, will take over the role of Hurshe Heartshe, apparently replacing Kristen Schaal. On one hand I absolutely adore Schaal, but on the other hand, I don't think they could have found anyone better to replace her.

Look for the season to debut in September.

Production is now underway in New York City for season two of The Heart, She Holler, a live-action comedy series airing on Adult Swim this September. The show stars Patton Oswalt, Heather Lawless, Joe Sikora, and welcomes Amy Sedaris to the cast this season.

The Heart, She Holler, America's most majestic nightmare, is back! In season two, the holiest holler in history becomes more than just a depraved town of sickening rednecks - it's the cosmic battleground of mankind's final war between Pure Evil and Pure Awful!

WATCH Boss Hoss Heartshe wrap his grand grip from the grave around the throats of the Heartshe siblings' unsquashable lust for power! Manchild Hurlan is too dumb to fail, hussy Hurshe is too sleazy to slut her way to the top, and crazed Hambrosia may be too batspit bonkers to become a maniacal leader.

WITNESS raw uncooked emotion spew from your screen into your eyes and slide down your brain, landing in the broken toilet of our ruined society! FEEL the mysteriousness creep up behind you! LAUGH as you cry at your delightful demise! SCREAM till you die of televisual pleasureburns! Every single weeknight for the rest of your short, wonderful life!
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
"Seth McFarlene [sic] is ####ing Mike Lazzo." - dudeco
"I remember taping myself beating it because my friend didn't believe me that I could do it." - Skiles
AIM: itsacoaster | My Anime List | Index of Lucy clips on AS video
Praise Rang in the highest. Hosanna.
My website that I never update
Blood Donors
SwimMod_Luuv

Re: Season 2 production; Sedaris replaces Schaal

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 67420389

Sedaris is good. I wonder what happened to Schall? if it was just scheduling or like maybe she has handlers now or something?

because - there's no way handlers would let her do that to herself.

Personally I think it adds a sex appeal to her resume.  Like - you know when boss hollywood is sittling in his leather chair going "Kristen Schall... she doesn't seem slutty enough to me" they could just whip out Heart She Holler and go "well suck on this joepimp producer man".

And, before he put it in his mouth, they'd be all "no - no we mean - watch it."

Blood Donors
SwimMod_Luuv

also september is acceptable. though the wait has been difficult.
Hell's Minions
itsacoaster

Reply to SwimMod_Luuv - Message ID#: 67423351

Search me, dude. Sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day for 11-minute comedy shows.

I would think that if her handlers told her "no more of this," wouldn't she already be ruined? She already gave a blowjob to Hoss, who was sitting in the comfort of his own VHS tape. If there were any ruining to be done, it's already over.
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
"I remember taping myself beating it because my friend didn't believe me that I could do it." - Skiles
Hell's Minions
ZorakFan3271

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 67424327

Well, randomly replacing one of the character's actors with another does seem like a sort of PFFR-esque thing to do. 

I need a break from the internet
Hell's Minions
itsacoaster

Reply to ZorakFan3271 - Message ID#: 67427419

Is there already precedent for this sort of thing?
Zombie Slayer
AnEroticJourney

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 67434913

itsacoaster wrote:

The Heart, She Holler is supposed to be like a backwater soap opera, yes?

Soap operas are infamous for replacing actors in the same role.  Perhaps PFFR is just following suit.

How do you like those egg rolls, Mr. Goldstone?
Zombie Slayer
misterz

I saw a bump for TH,SH last night. It read coming "Sept. 10". Excellent! As much as I like Miss Schaal, I am looking forward to Amy Sedaris joing the cast. Very cool!

" I'm using the chicken to measure it " - Dom DeWilde
Hell's Minions
itsacoaster

Reply to AnEroticJourney - Message ID#: 67483563

AnEroticJourney wrote:

itsacoaster wrote:

The Heart, She Holler is supposed to be like a backwater soap opera, yes?

Soap operas are infamous for replacing actors in the same role.  Perhaps PFFR is just following suit.

Great point.
Zombie Slayer
misterz

. . . . . I was just wasting some time out here in the interwebs and went over to Miss Sedaris'  "official" website and read this . . .

"Amy has joined the cast of The Heart, She Holler, a live action miniseries on Cartoon Network’s late night programming block, Adult Swim! She will be taking over the role of Hurshe Heartshe, a sleazy, white trash woman who is constantly plotting to take over the town, previously played by Kristen Schaal. Production began yesterday, and season 2 (which Amy says is 4 episodes) is currently slated to premiere in September."

Hmmmm. Only four episodes? Seriously? I certainly hope that is not the case.

Hell's Minions
itsacoaster

Reply to misterz - Message ID#: 67675607

Maybe four.....TEEN?

Haha I don't know. I hope it's more than four.
Pumpkin Guts
SODMGBASEDBOYZ

Reply to misterz - Message ID#: 67675607

four episodes...total bummer. especially since it took like 2 years, what have they been doing??? I remember reading it'd be 20 episodes a long time ago (which surprised me becuz only RC gets 20 sodes). am I remembering wrong, or possibly insane? maybe it was 12 i''m remembering...and maybe it was one of their Comic Con appearnces in the video section, and maybe they were joking.

Hell's Minions
Explosivo_420

Reply to SODMGBASEDBOYZ - Message ID#: 68166995

4 episodes would be disappointing, but 4 is more than zero!

I'm interested to see how Sedaris works out
I am EXPLOSIVO the greatest Hepler of them all. I am the guardian of these boards:
Squidbillies | Mr. Pickles | Loiter Squad | King Star King | Mike Tyson Mysteries
Zombie Slayer
misterz

just watched a video from comic con 2013 >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK9h1jTlJl8

14 EPISODES!  Sweet.

Hell's Minions
Explosivo_420

[ Edited ]

Reply to misterz - Message ID#: 68504539

awesome. kudos for the link.

oh, I think I heard him say they're gonna "run in september"

I am EXPLOSIVO the greatest Hepler of them all. I am the guardian of these boards:
Squidbillies | Mr. Pickles | Loiter Squad | King Star King | Mike Tyson Mysteries
Aunt Norma's Urn
Birdmannnnnn

I believe Adult Swim said along the lines of that they wanted to have 20 episodes so they could play one each weeknight for a month.

Looks like that's been confirmed by misterz! 14 new episodes + the original 6 episodes = 20 episodes.
Hell's Minions
Explosivo_420

Reply to Birdmannnnnn - Message ID#: 68528201

so I guess season one was a test run of sorts?

can't wait. I really didn't give season one much of a chance, and I hardly don't remember none of it. Looking forward to see this on AS every night.
Hell's Minions
itsacoaster

Reply to misterz - Message ID#: 68504539

I was just about to post the video that's up on Adult Swim's website saying the same thing. 14 episodes is just grand. I wondered if 4 was a typo or what.