KittehStar
ShadowGuy6

Have you heard the Mighty Boosh Radio Series?

Best 10 bucks I've ever spent on I tunes.  It's great to hear the genesis of all of these great characters, plot lines, and crimps.  Thanks to Judymoe for recommending it.

If you've heard it. What's your favorite part?  What parts do you listing to repeatedly? 

I've been listening to the song between Tony the Traveling Hobo and the Club Radabar Doorman in the Jungle-origin episode.  "Are we to be married on the morrow?"  I can't get enough of that song. 

"Oh yeah, you can never have enough precision in your soup".
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
"See? You could pull that trigger, but you totally wouldn't want to"
KittehFan
Judymoe

Re: Have you heard the Mighty Boosh Radio Series?

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 50013693

You're very welcome, sir. Always happy to corrupt recommend new Boosh to the masses. :smileyhappy:

I found the mp3s to most of the Boosh songs, and "Married on the Morrow" is definitely one I play a lot. I also love "Alabaster Moon" and "Little Deer"...those boys are so beautifully twisted!

I haven't had the chance to listen to it in full very frequently, and I just hate picking favorites. Someday, I'll be able to, I'm sure. It's like telling people 'such-and-such episode is in my top 20 of Boosh eps'. Heh.  Of course, that'll have to be modified when they make another series (I refuse to say 'if'!), won't it?

I'm sure you've had people recommending the live show, too, right (besides me, who goes on about it too much)?  I've got the 2008 live DVD on preorder, and man, time's slowed down to a crawl ever since. :smileyhappy:

KittehNerd
milkyjoe

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 50013693

I  LOVE the radio series, it is too funny. I don't think I can pick a favorite part, although the bit with Fossil and Vince in the helicopter always cracks me up. The songs from the radio series are really good and Married on the Morrow kicks a$$, I listen to that song everyday. You should check out the link from youtube on the Crimps topic, them singing it live is about the greatest thing I've ever heard/seen.
"Watch it Moon or i'll be all over you like a nun sandwich."

The Boosh is loose; see it or throw your eyes in the bin!
KittehStar
ShadowGuy6

[ Edited ]

Reply to milkyjoe - Message ID#: 50018929

I just saw the one with them in the studio, if that's the one you meant.  Thanks for the heads up.  It was a tasty rhythm.  What does Noel call the doorman character?  Is it Seruvial Brooks?

Fossil flying a chopper with two eyepatches on is hilarious!  I enjoy how Fossil's radio character envelopes both the Fossil and Bainbridge characters into one.

Message Edited by ShadowGuy6 on 06-09-2009 11:10 PM
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
KittehStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 50019777

I just learned the strum pattern for "Married on the Morrow" but it ** Yo Jo e! ** playing it solo.  It needs to be a duet.
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
KittehStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 50020801

The Genesis appears to be:

Order of radio episodes:

1. I'll come back to this

2. Jungle

3. Electro

4. Mutants

5. Tundra

6. The Hitcher

Granted, bits and pieces ended up in other episodes, but they seem to follow the overall flow of each tv episode.

The first episode didn't get made into a tv episode, but it sort of got incorporated into Mutants.  Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong, but this is how they seem to me to have been written.

S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
KittehNerd
Moxielady

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 50021241

I like in......

Stolen:

-When the bat dies in Vince's hair

-"I didn't mean to Mr. Fossil, he tricked me with his generic face and his voodoo." (the way he says voodoo is soooo cute and funny)

-Bulbous bald boy

-The cute little song that plays when Bob Fossil's little blue pants dancing

Jungle:

-Howard's little Tommy song..."Tooooooooommy, where are you nooooow? Tommy, where-are-you-noooooow? Tooooommy, where. are. you?

-Forest casual, for the leafy gent.

-"You mock forest, forest sense mockage. He come at you fast like a screaming bowl of hot bark."

-Every single thing the creepy "pure evil" prisoner says.

-Married on the Morrow is classic! I love it. chicka-chick-aahhhh.

Jazz:

-Baby little blue blanket boy boo...

-Julian's irish accent as the drummer of Vince's band.....so precious!

-Vince and Bob talking about how Howard is such a stinker..

-"That's a pretty big mood swing...he swung right outta the band there."

-Vince's entire Cathy Rindhoops conversation.

-Howard justifying his Jazz trance in the hospital.

-"Did you see me last night? I was on fire. Did you see my fingers...scissoring...up the notes. Electric music flying out of me like liquid nitrogen."

Mutants:

-"Listen, I'm working him from the inside. I'm his sugar b1tch with the south labor."

-"Well you get some pretty pokey thermals flying about around those tall buildings."

-Heck, the entire banter between Howard and Vince during their lunch break with indian music.

-"I can't afford to have a rogue viper crawlling all over my bungh0le." funniest.thing.bob.fossil.ever.says.

-Everything to do with the old men...especially the colonel.

-Vince Noir, makin' the chai.

-"Listen to me mate, you're a pretty boy, but you're way outta your depth. You're in a riptide and I'm a great white shark. I'm bearing down on ya quick......Listen to me Vince, by the end of this mission, I will break your jaw." hahaha, cracks me up every freaking time.

-"Jinky! How the hell are you?"

-"Blackbird's head on a raven's torso!"

Tundra:

-Tony...the....prawn. Everything having to do with him is golden.

-"Get your little tight  a55 cheeks on my kneecap."

-"My arm, it crumbles as if it were cracker bread."

-Howard and Vince's banter about the Polar Bear while packing.

-The 'Into the Wilderness' song. It is soooooo amazing! The Doors would be so happy.

-"I love it here, I mean, the paella." Oh the way Vince mispronounces paella is so hilarious and adorable. Melts me immediately.

-"Help yourself to pubic soup."

-Vince and Howard arguing about the musical form of Howard's suicide.

Hitcher:

-Vince and Howard talking about Charlie....I love this banter because they sound like they are on the brink of corpsing and you can tell they are totally egging each other on and just improvising.

-"Somewhere there's a place for me." god! Howard's voice is a sexy warm silk.

-The return of Tony the prawn.

-Howard excited in anticipation of his favorite part of the John Coltrane song.

-The Jenga jokes.

-Juicy dangler and Howard getting so excited over Vince's story.

-"Stemming my flow. You're the boulder in my stream." I use that one at work all the time when I'm frustrated, but playful about it.

-"Oooooohhhhhhhhh, his head was revoltin. It was like rotten butcher's meat. It was like a knick knack left out in the rain. Ohhhh, it made me wanna be sick on my own peni5." I cried with laughter the first time I realized what he was actually saying here. Noel is fvcking hilarious!

Ohhhh man, the radio series is absolutely amazing. The outtakes are an electric riot too. Man, I am tuckered out now. I've gotta go have a sleepie myself.

Not you, Naan bread!
KittehPunk
feastonthelake

Reply to milkyjoe - Message ID#: 50018929

My favourite part of the radio series is Graham, the zoo's security guard. Howard's patter with him is glorious. I laughed more at Graham's failure to recognize Howard than at Miss Gideon's, to be honest.
Distance is its own reward.
KittehStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to Moxielady - Message ID#: 50024806

Moxielady wrote:

I like in......

Stolen:

-When the bat dies in Vince's hair

-"I didn't mean to Mr. Fossil, he tricked me with his generic face and his voodoo." (the way he says voodoo is soooo cute and funny)

-Bulbous bald boy

-The cute little song that plays when Bob Fossil's little blue pants dancing

Jungle:

-Howard's little Tommy song..."Tooooooooommy, where are you nooooow? Tommy, where-are-you-noooooow? Tooooommy, where. are. you?

-Forest casual, for the leafy gent.

-"You mock forest, forest sense mockage. He come at you fast like a screaming bowl of hot bark."

-Every single thing the creepy "pure evil" prisoner says.

-Married on the Morrow is classic! I love it. chicka-chick-aahhhh.

Jazz:

-Baby little blue blanket boy boo...

-Julian's irish accent as the drummer of Vince's band.....so precious!  After re-listening to this, I can't believe that I didn't recognze Julian.

-Vince and Bob talking about how Howard is such a stinker..

-"That's a pretty big mood swing...he swung right outta the band there."

-Vince's entire Cathy Rindhoops conversation.  Sooooooooo funny

-Howard justifying his Jazz trance in the hospital.

-"Did you see me last night? I was on fire. Did you see my fingers...scissoring...up the notes. Electric music flying out of me like liquid nitrogen."

Mutants:

-"Listen, I'm working him from the inside. I'm his sugar b1tch with the south labor."  I've been hearing sour flavor.  What is south labor?

-"Well you get some pretty pokey thermals flying about around those tall buildings."

-Heck, the entire banter between Howard and Vince during their lunch break with indian music.

-"I can't afford to have a rogue viper crawlling all over my bungh0le." funniest.thing.bob.fossil.ever.says.

-Everything to do with the old men...especially the colonel.

-Vince Noir, makin' the chai.

-"Listen to me mate, you're a pretty boy, but you're way outta your depth. You're in a riptide and I'm a great white shark. I'm bearing down on ya quick......Listen to me Vince, by the end of this mission, I will break your jaw." hahaha, cracks me up every freaking time.

-"Jinky! How the hell are you?"

-"Blackbird's head on a raven's torso!"

Tundra:

-Tony...the....prawn. Everything having to do with him is golden.

-"Get your little tight  a55  cheeks on my kneecap."

-"My arm, it crumbles as if it were cracker bread."

-Howard and Vince's banter about the Polar Bear while packing.

-The 'Into the Wilderness' song. It is soooooo amazing! The Doors would be so happy.

-"I love it here, I mean, the paella." Oh the way Vince mispronounces paella is so hilarious and adorable. Melts me immediately.

-"Help yourself to pubic soup."

-Vince and Howard arguing about the musical form of Howard's suicide.

Hitcher:

-Vince and Howard talking about Charlie....I love this banter because they sound like they are on the brink of corpsing and you can tell they are totally egging each other on and just improvising.

-"Somewhere there's a place for me." god! Howard's voice is a sexy warm silk.

-The return of Tony the prawn.

-Howard excited in anticipation of his favorite part of the John Coltrane song.

-The Jenga jokes.

-Juicy dangler and Howard getting so excited over Vince's story.

-"Stemming my flow. You're the boulder in my stream." I use that one at work all the time when I'm frustrated, but playful about it.

-"Oooooohhhhhhhhh, his head was revoltin. It was like rotten butcher's meat. It was like a knick knack left out in the rain. Ohhhh, it made me wanna be sick on my own peni5." I cried with laughter the first time I realized what he was actually saying here. Noel is fvcking hilarious!

Ohhhh man, the radio series is absolutely amazing. The outtakes are an electric riot too. Man, I am tuckered out now. I've gotta go have a sleepie myself.

I love that you've listened to this as intensly as I have.
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
KittehStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to feastonthelake - Message ID#: 50027527

I love the Graham part, too.  I've been wondering if Granham is played by Russell Brand.  It sure sounds like him.
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
KittehNerd
Moxielady

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 50027925

I was a little concerned with typing up literally all of my favorite parts from the radio show....since there were so many. But I am relieved that you appreciate the show as much as I do. (Having direct quotes helps when you have listened to each episode after getting off work, skipping to the bits you like, and typing the quotes up just right onto a messageboard cause you don't want to lose the original flavor). Yeah, I didn't get that the drummer was Julian feigning an irish accent until a few listens ago, and I've had the radio series since december. It overflowed me with joy though....just imagining what faces Julian would have to make in order to conjure such a willowy little voice. I relistened to the sugar b1tch part, and I think you are right...it does sound like sour flavor. Makes sense, I guess he was going for a sour patch kids kind of thing. I suppose that the first time I heard it, I thought south labor because he was talking about prostitution and that sounded like a hilarious way to term one's prowress....Oh well, and some of my dirty thoughts must have slipped in there as well. :smileytongue:

I wanna know what other people's fav parts are! C'mon, get involved.

Not you, Naan bread!
KittehFan
Judymoe

Reply to Moxielady - Message ID#: 50029551

Darn it, Moxie, your dirty thoughts came at me, and now my dirty thoughts are all over the place like a mighty bison hunting for a shrew.

Bad Moxie! 

I have to find the time to relisten to it without distractions...because it never fails, there are always distractions! Stupid real life. :smileysad:

KittehNerd
milkyjoe

[ Edited ]

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 50019777

I don't know, it's hard to tell. Either it's Seruvrial Brooks or someone else said it might be Sir Reubrial Brooks.

Yeah but, Fossil isn't as evil or smart as Bainbridge. He's still sorta inept at anything he tries to do. lol

Oh, I always enjoy Graham and Howard's conversation. "If you don't show me a legitimate zoo identificatin, I'm entitled by section 2, brackets, close four, paragraph 2 of the Bob Fossil Zoo act, to get my electrical baton out and t.w.a.t you, close brackets."

Message Edited by milkyjoe on 06-14-2009 07:09 PM
"Watch it Moon or i'll be all over you like a nun sandwich."

The Boosh is loose; see it or throw your eyes in the bin!
KittehPunk
feastonthelake

Reply to milkyjoe - Message ID#: 50081033

The ram-legged crooner is Ceruvial Brooks.

I love Graham. I wish he would have been in the TV series. "I had a woman in this morning, or was it tomorrow, doing the same thing." "THAT WAS ME!" I love how frustrated Howard gets, and how stubbornly daft Graham is. Ah, I smile just thinking about it.

Distance is its own reward.
KittehStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to feastonthelake - Message ID#: 50084992

Well, who's that standing next to you?

THAT'S YOU!!!!

That's never me.

S.H.O.T.T.S. #69