KittehFan
rebel_cheese

DeMarco's Twitter rundown

[ Edited ]

I am retweeting DeMarco's twitter rundown (link for reference: https://twitter.com/#!/Clarknova1) and I will repost what he says for you guys as well. Here's everything he's posted so far: 

Okay guys! About to start the info dump. Regular Twitter friends: I apologize in advance for clogging your feed.

So: New Toonami! First things first. For now, that IS the schedule. I know I said we wouldn't tell you, but the higher ups changed that.

We will not be showing Naruto, DBZ, etc for now. The rights to those shows are owned by our competition or are out of our price range.

SPEAKING OF WHICH: Something you should know about THIS Toonami: We have very,very little $$. This experiment will need ratings success...

...to receive more funding for new shows, more Tom animation, etc. I'm thankful for the $$ we've gotten, but it isn't a lot.

Toonami will have to prove itself to get more resources, just like it had to do when we first launched.

TOM: Will be voiced as always by Steve Blum. Who is doing it for love. Just like we are. Tom will be an updated hi-res version of Tom 3.0.

The Absolution will be a slightly different but almost identical version of the one from the Tom 3.0 era as well.

There will be no SARA for now. She costs too much to make. But if we can bring her back, we sure will.

We will try to have some new content each week- game reviews, music videos, content pieces etc. As much as we can afford and make.

Music: Music will come from a number of places: Ghostly, Warp Records, Victory Records, Now Again records, as well as...

...friends of ours like therealelpflyinglotus, Chris Devoe, Ben Burton, and many others. No, we won't be using JBV.

Peter Cullen will NOT be the voice of the promos. He's busy with Transformers and Eeyore and doesn't do many promos. Love you Peter!

Schedule again: you are all entitled to your opinions, but we feel good about it. And yes, Kim Manning is programming it. Love you Kim!

Lastly, just want to say thank you to all who have supported and brought it back. If you can KEEP supporting us, we will have more $$...

...which means more shows, more Tom footage, Sara, etc. SO THANK YOU. And keep it up!

And one last thing: this is my only Twitter account, and I'm considering going private, so don't take it personal. It's getting too crazy.

That's it for now! I will answer GOOD questions for the rest of today. Fire away if you're not stupid. If you are... shhhhhh

My avatar represents Original Edward's reaction to the fact that Brotherhood Edward is about to replace him for all eternity in the hearts and minds of humanity.

My novel (on sale for Kindle and Kindle PC app): http://www.amazon.com/Nanomancers-ebook/dp/B007N61X4Q/?tag=vglnk-
c1189-20
Grumpy Cat
JQuest15

Re: DeMarco's Twitter rundown

Reply to rebel_cheese - Message ID#: 64942442

KittehNerd
SamMan

I love DeMarco.
KittehPunk

"Music: Music will come from a number of places: Ghostly, Warp Records, Victory Records, Now Again records, as well as...

...friends of ours like therealelp, flyinglotus, Chris Devoe, Ben Burton, and many others. No, we won't be using JBV."

This is the only part that worries me. A huge part of Toonami for me was the awesome drum and bass music. I'm not familiar with some of those records labels, so does anyone know if these are still in that style of music?
KittehFan
rebel_cheese

[ Edited ]

Reply to SamMan - Message ID#: 64942460

SamMan wrote:
I love DeMarco.

So do I. 

Victory Records' involvement is surprising. They are a hard rock and screamo label (fitting for Deadman Wonderland though which has a screamo opening). Unless this is a different Victory Records (I think there might be two). 

EDIT: Never mind, that IS the hard rock/screamo Victory Records, DeMarco answered me when I asked on Twitter. 

My avatar represents Original Edward's reaction to the fact that Brotherhood Edward is about to replace him for all eternity in the hearts and minds of humanity.

My novel (on sale for Kindle and Kindle PC app): http://www.amazon.com/Nanomancers-ebook/dp/B007N61X4Q/?tag=vglnk-
c1189-20
KittehFan

Reply to rebel_cheese - Message ID#: 64942528

Somebody please ask him about Panty and Stocking, co-productions, and retro shows.

KittehFan
rebel_cheese

Reply to HGRevolution - Message ID#: 64942556

HGRevolution wrote:

Somebody please ask him about Panty and Stocking, co-productions, and retro shows.

I believe they might be interpreted as "stupid questions". 

c1189-20
KittehStar
Darkstar_Zero

rebel_cheese wrote:

Peter Cullen will NOT be the voice of the promos. He's busy with Transformers and Eeyore and doesn't do many promos. Love you Peter!

That's too bad. Peter Cullen had some awesome voice work with those promos.

KittehPunk
NoelVermillion

He's busy with Transformers and Eeyore 

That part just made me laugh no idea why. Had no idea the guy does Eeyore.

KittehNerd
Demonmonkey44

Reply to HGRevolution - Message ID#: 64942556

Pretty nice Twitter rundown so far. Glad the guy is legitimately dedicated to making Toonami a success again. Sad the higher ups wouldn't let him keep the schedule a surprise though, poor guy, lol.

But yeah, heres hoping the premiere does well and people will embrace the block as they did in the past, be they Nostalgic long time fans or new comers! *knock on wood over 9000 times!*
TOONAMI FAITHFUL SINCE 1997! VIVA TOONAMI !!!
KittehFan

Reply to rebel_cheese - Message ID#: 64942560

Not if they're asked intelligently.

KittehPunk
ZoneOn

I have no problems with any of the info. Everything seems great starting off. This is going to live and die by the ratings so support.

KittehPunk
Malexos

[ Edited ]

About the schedule...

...Hmm, I think I saw the Deadman Wonderland manga at my old High School's library (Old. Ha. It's only been a year >_>), but other than seeing the cover once or twice, I've never heard of it... I've never heard of Casshern Sins either. But I'm willing to give it a try! If it ####, I might just leave the TV on anyway just to show that we're watching the block :smileyvery-happy:

EDIT: Wait. Why is "S u c k s" a curse word? Wait a minute, we're on adult swim. Why is any of this censored?!

Magical Pink Monster
BUU8800

Nice of him to give us the info.

GothicLolitaKitty
cidthekittyisfun

hmmm...well i can only hope they do good in raitings enough to get more money and get more shows.

hey! at least we get blum as TOM so yay! <3
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WWOH Otome VN

CSW | tumblr | twitter | MAL
Grumpy Cat
JQuest15

Reply to Darkstar_Zero - Message ID#: 64942564

Darkstar_Zero wrote:

rebel_cheese wrote:

That's too bad. Peter Cullen had some awesome voice work with those promos.

Exactly, but dude is Robot Jesvs so he gets a pass.

Wish we could get Cullen back though.

KittehNerd
miranatu

Reply to colombiandj - Message ID#: 64942524

DeMarco himself made a lot of that music, and I'm assuming he also coordinated the stuff from Joe Boyd Virgil and elsewhere. We can trust his taste. I think this Toonami will expand its music repertoire and include the kind of stuff we used to hear in ACTN bumps, which includes stuff from Warp (and probably the other labels mentioned, but I was introduced to Warp because of the ACTN music). Aphex Twin, Autechre, and Boards of Canada set to Toonami bumps? Yes, please.

We manipulated the manual, and the Revolution lives on. Only Toonami.
Dandy Archaeologist
NoireAirwave

[ Edited ]

Reply to rebel_cheese - Message ID#: 64942560

I asked about Panty & Stocking. He said there wasn't a problem but they are still looking into it.

So I guess they are still considering it.

My kickass Toonami Tattoo
My tumblr where I generally post Toonami related gifs - Noire's Space
PSN: Vexx102
KittehLegend
AS_anime_watcher

I asked who thought of the idea to do Toonami for April Fools Day and he said it was the idea of Mike Lazzo (also his will and $) so yeah yall should thank him he said. :smileyhappy:
I'M ON TWITTER: @CRAZYMEGANECHAN // 3DS FC: 3883-6257-2876 // Blog: crazymeganechan.wordpress.com // I also write Adult Swim related stuff on adultswimcentral.com

HELPER FOLDER HAPPENINGS:
- SUBMIT ICONS FOR BOB'S BURGERS IN THE BOB'S BURGERS FOLDER!
KittehNerd
miranatu

[ Edited ]

Wow, these tweets are coming out rapid-fire. I'm having trouble keeping up. It might take a while to compile all of what he sends out!

Also: they want to see DOUBLE the current ratings? DOUBLE?! Holy crapstick. Adding another million people for Bleach broadcasts seems crazy...I hope he means doubling the half million most of the shows have been doing...

We manipulated the manual, and the Revolution lives on. Only Toonami.
MasterKitteh
itsacoaster

Reply to AS_anime_watcher - Message ID#: 64942858

Lazzo's the man. If there's anyone left that thinks he "hates anime" they can go cry themselves to sleep, unable to cope with the fact that they are so hopelessly wrong.

Anyway, a couple more tweets I found interesting:
He said that they may be interested in acquiring an older classic show but their focus will be new acquisitions. It's all dependent on ratings and ad sales of course.
He also said that in order to expand the content, they want to double the ratings they're getting currently. Wow. Tall order.
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
"Seth McFarlene [sic] is ####ing Mike Lazzo." - dudeco
"He's correct on all fronts" - 770312 talking about itsacoaster
AIM: itsacoaster | My Anime List | Index of Lucy clips on AS video
Praise Rang in the highest. Hosanna.
My website that I never update
KittehFan
Seoshi

This seems like a major letdown. I'm not a fan of Bleach, Deadman Wonderland, FullMetal Alchemist or Ghost in the Shell. Bebop is pretty good, but it has been shown so many times. Casshern Sins, well I've never even heard of it so I can't comment on it. At least TOMBlum is back.

KittehNerd
SamMan

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 64942900

Can someone ask him if there will be promotional bumps during the weeknights?
MasterKitteh
itsacoaster

Reply to SamMan - Message ID#: 64943096

He answered that question for the most part.

https://twitter.com/#!/Clarknova1/status/204632150115500034

Not much promo time, but they will be making some in the future.
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
"Seth McFarlene [sic] is ####ing Mike Lazzo." - dudeco
"He's correct on all fronts" - 770312 talking about itsacoaster
AIM: itsacoaster | My Anime List | Index of Lucy clips on AS video
Praise Rang in the highest. Hosanna.
My website that I never update
KittehPunk
NemesisPrimev2

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 64943106

You know what that means folks?

SPREAD THE WORD OF TOM AND DEMARCO!

TOM IS OUR NEW ####!

Serisoly, we need to spread the word around and get as many as we can to watch, Toonami may be back but it's still on life support!