KittehNerd
ssdakid1

Naruto Shippuden to Toonami

Come on, the first part of Naruto was on Toonami, we need the uncut Shippuden now, since Disney XD canceled it. Let's go Toonami, come in with a BANG!

“In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions. Isn't that another way of looking at it? That Sharingan, how much can you really see?”
― Uchiha Itachi
KittehNerd
VegetaKingSSJ3

Re: Naruto Shippuden to Toonami

Reply to ssdakid1 - Message ID#: 64923514

I feel the exact same way, but watch out, apparently tons of people hate Naruto Shippuden around here and can't stand the thought of it actually being on Toonami once again :smileytongue: lol regardless, I want it on.

KittehFan
SiamZack

Just because the very first episode had all the humor of Warioware doesn't mean it was going to stay like that.

Dandy Archaeologist
NoireAirwave

As I have stated many times before I do not dislike Naruto but I am also not a fan. My major issue is that it would not be a fit for the new Toonami and that it was on a nother channel recently. Yes I know it was censored but it was still around for a while.

My kickass Toonami Tattoo
My tumblr where I generally post Toonami related gifs - Noire's Space
PSN: Vexx102
KittehNerd
VegetaKingSSJ3

Reply to NoireAirwave - Message ID#: 64923934

You actually have a real reason besides "naruto suxz, plz" and I fully respect that, but if that's the case whats really the difference between Bleach and Naruto being on Toonami? If anything Naruto would make more sense.

Dandy Archaeologist
NoireAirwave

Reply to VegetaKingSSJ3 - Message ID#: 64924070

When bleach first came out in the US I was happy to hear that AS was picking it up but I would have prefered to see it on Toonami at the time. Yes they are both considered Shonen but Bleach is very graphic and started out with a darker tone. 

Yes Toonami could have gotten away with playing Bleach when they were looser with the rules but towards the end it slowly began to lose it's edge. As we can see from the previews and the fact that Toonami has matured a bit I do not believe Naruto would be a good fit.

Right now the new AS Toonami is trying to appeal to it's original audiance so I do not expect to see a lot, if any, shonen added to the new line up. Still, like many people, I believe CN should have it's own block for shows like Naruto.

KittehNerd
SamMan

Reply to NoireAirwave - Message ID#: 64924110

NoireAirwave wrote:

When bleach first came out in the US I was happy to hear that AS was picking it up but I would have prefered to see it on Toonami at the time. Yes they are both considered Shonen but Bleach is very graphic and started out with a darker tone. 

Yes Toonami could have gotten away with playing Bleach when they were looser with the rules but towards the end it slowly began to lose it's edge. As we can see from the previews and the fact that Toonami has matured a bit I do not believe Naruto would be a good fit.

Right now the new AS Toonami is trying to appeal to it's original audiance so I do not expect to see a lot, if any, shonen added to the new line up. Still, like many people, I believe CN should have it's own block for shows like Naruto.

Having watched all episodes of Shippuden that has currently aired, I assure you that Shippuden is in the same paradigm as Bleach in terms of violence with exception to blood (some Shippuden arcs will have lots of blood while others will have little). It doesn't start out dark but it progressively gets there. Many of its themes aren't appropriate for CN. 

I'm not saying it should be on Toonami, what I am saying is that it is a great candidate though.

Dandy Archaeologist
NoireAirwave

[ Edited ]

Reply to SamMan - Message ID#: 64924242

Yet again Toonami was very loose with the rules in the past and it would have fit on that Toonami. Yes Like you have have followed the series since the beginning from when it first premiered on Toonami through the huge filler arcs and finally Shippuden. I no longer watch the anime but I do follow the manga.

Another factor is if so many people do not like it why would AS Toonami want to play it? Yes in some ways it "Could" fit but at the moment they are trying to appeal to their fans. If they believe that half of their viewers do not want to watch it I doubt they would want to play it.

Yet again this is a matured Toonami and most people do not believe Naruto would fit for that reason. Yes Bleach will continue to play until it ends but that is because it has a fanbase and it has been around for a while. Once it is over and people have seen everything there is to see I doubt AS will pick up another show like it.

On another note if they do choose to pay shonen it would be something they either did in the past, Like DBZ, or something they believe would really appeal adult audiences.

KittehPunk
HyperionXIC

I disagree for one reason, its to #### long. I can't imagine people would want to trug through filler eps plus you need some relative knowledge of the natuto world to get whats going on. 

KittehNerd
VegetaKingSSJ3

Reply to HyperionXIC - Message ID#: 64924322

I'm a little confused...

Naruto Shippuden has 263 episodes out, and Bleach has 366 - yet everyone is fine with Bleach, an even longer running series on Toonami?

KittehFan
Echelon

Reply to VegetaKingSSJ3 - Message ID#: 64924374

You got a point.

Both have long fillers and Bleach is longer..ALSO Bleach anime has ended in Japan while Naruto Shippuden is still running meaning from a business POV its better as a investment to have uncut Shippuden running on toonami along with Bleach. that way when Bleach runs out of Episodes Naruto Shippuden can Help carry the slack... Same can be said for Uncut One Piece Helping...though Funi went back to redub ALL the past episodes that 4kids did a #### poor job on.

LONG LIVE TOONAMI
KittehNerd
SamMan

Reply to HyperionXIC - Message ID#: 64924322

HyperionXIC wrote:

I disagree for one reason, its to #### long. I can't imagine people would want to trug through filler eps plus you need some relative knowledge of the natuto world to get whats going on. 

Honestly, you don't need to know much to get into it. My brother doesn't remmeber watching a single Naruto episode yet he understood the Invasion of Pain arc near-perfectly.

KittehPunk
HyperionXIC

Reply to VegetaKingSSJ3 - Message ID#: 64924374

I'm a little confused...
You think everyone is ok with Bleach? But for real Bleach has the best time slot and is the best action show on AS which isn't hard to do considering the selection. So yes the action starved are eating it up but if you give someone the chance to see a concise story with great action verse a convoluted dragged out story with some good action what do you think they'll choose.

Dandy Archaeologist
NoireAirwave

Reply to HyperionXIC - Message ID#: 64924466

I would choose good action myself.... if Naruto were to show up on AS it would take nearly 6 years of new episode before it is complete. And if they played 2 new episodes at a time I see that as a waste of space... and lets not forget about the reruns.

Yet again it would fit on a weekday Toonami but not a Saturday Toonami
KittehFan
Echelon

[ Edited ]

Reply to HyperionXIC - Message ID#: 64924466

Most are going to chose great but Toonami needs some collateral when one goes in Hiatus (reruns) or ends

Toonami cant rely on just Bleach and needs another of the BIG 3 to sustane itself along with other new shows. Because Bleach is eventually going to end (It ended in Japan) or go back into hiatus and god knows long when it comes back or when Bleach: Final Arc anime will start...soo why not pick up Shippuden or One Piece as insurance or both. Both are easy to pick up and One piece is WAYYY longer the both of them combined and I think its just as interesting as Bleach when you get to the Water 7 arc which the dub just hit. Naruto gets GREAT battles as the anime goes into the Manga arcs and #### hits the fan ALOT.

I say pick up the Big 3 and when bleach finally ends it can be replaced by one of the other big 3 or a new anime or old one like YYH.

LONG LIVE TOONAMI
KittehPunk
HyperionXIC

Reply to Echelon - Message ID#: 64924590

While I understand where your coming from getting the licenses for all three would cost way to much money for an experiment like toonami right now.  

Dandy Archaeologist
NoireAirwave

Reply to HyperionXIC - Message ID#: 64924786

And take up WAAAY too much space and time... They would fill up nearly 3 hours alone with either reruns or premiers. People would get tired of it eventually

KittehPunk
HyperionXIC

[ Edited ]

Plus I can't imagine that having 2 shows that follow the same fundamental story structure and follow the shonen power up concept would work well playing along side each other. People would get bored. 

KittehFan
Echelon

[ Edited ]

True, but right now VIz is checking to see if Disney XD still has rights to it and is going to push it as well. and if Viz wants toonami to show it im sure toonami wont pass up the chance.

If any they can keep Shippuden on the back burner as something they are eventually going to show if the revival experiment succeds after a month.

LONG LIVE TOONAMI
KittehFan
Echelon

[ Edited ]

Reply to HyperionXIC - Message ID#: 64924832

Naruto is sometwhat of a power up shonen but right now, but Bleach in its current manga and after Final Getsuga Tencho doesnt become a power up anime anymore and its the first thing everyone notices.

but as of now in the US, yes both are currently potrayed as a powered up anime but later it will only be naruto.

One Piece. . not really a power up anime if any its really small.

LONG LIVE TOONAMI
Dandy Archaeologist
NoireAirwave

Reply to Echelon - Message ID#: 64924894

As much as I like One Piece I sadly have to admit that it follows the Battle/Powerup formula. Always having a power hidden or some attack always stronger than the enemy. That is sadly how a lot of Shonen is... heck DBZ was one of the firsts to follow this formula. 

One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto... all good in their own little ways but they are too similar to put together. Not to mention how long each series lasts. Yet again if a weekly Toonami shows up they would make a decent lineup but you would still need another show to cancel things out a bit.

KittehFan
Echelon

Reply to NoireAirwave - Message ID#: 64925076

somewhat yes, but its portayed in a way that doesnt seem like it is.

LONG LIVE TOONAMI
KittehStar
SpaceshipEDM

[ Edited ]

I guess my major opposition to the show is I don't want what happened to toonami originally to happen again. I don't want it to become a block dictated by one mega shounen anime.

Naruto did contribute somewhat to the decline of toonami. It was not the primary reason for its decline, no. But it was a minor reason. Now yes, Naruto was the white knight that came and saved toonami when its line up started to consist of just a bunch of really generic shows that were starting to trip up a little in ratings. But it in the end it did a negative thing for the block.

Naruto on Toonami, along with one piece, eventually became this super mega show that far surprassed the other shows. Yeah the other shows were low in quality, but it's like nothing was even tried to help conflict this super show. Toonami from a kids perspective, and I was a kid in this time period, I was fairly young, toonami became "naruto + one piece" combo hour. It wasn't toonami anymore, it was just naruto time. and this is evident, look up a video on youtube for a compilation of several toonami bumpers. What were they mostly referencing, when the characters were not just talking about themselves? "COMING UP NEXT, NARUTO." "CATCH UP WITH LUFFY, IN ONE PIECE."

And yes, toonami jetstream existed. Though I really gotta say, why didn't they migrate some of those animes to the tv screen? I'm sure a show like Kiba would've at least been acceptable. But on terms of the toonami block on television itself, it became "Naruto + One Piece Time," and there was nothing done to change it... for multiple reasons.

So I'm deathily afraid of that happening again. Like I don't want toonami to come back just to be "One Piece Bleach Shippuden Time along with a bunch of classic animes that people don't care for because they're too busy watching the other shows." 

And in addition, shows like One Piece and Naruto Shippuden don't exactly fit the toonami vibe at least acccording to some fans. Or I don't know, the late night anime vibe in general. Remember, we're older now and are more mature. So toonami should do the same. I feel Shippuden is mature enough though. If they just uncut everything. But I feel like they need to make a better dub. Well,f what, are they really going to spend that money to redub the series?

I think that a possible compromise for these shows is to either...

A. Create an action block on CartoonNetwork that lasts from 7-9PM on saturdays that showcases various shows. Shows like One Piece can go there, maybe Shippuden.

B. Extend the hours of toonami and make it last from 11PM, 10PM, or even 9PM, and allow it to show things like One Piece and Naruto first allowing the block to get more developed over night. This plan does have a weakness, however, for promoting other shows.

C. Show those shows at a regular time like 1AM or 2AM, do not allow them to be the opening to the block.

Now A. Could work, but at the same time Naruto Shippuden should not be downgraded to make a more immature and less important tv show. I really would be more comfortable for the show to have less restraints... and I don't even hate naruto shippuden. I stopped watching it at like Episode 70 or something. maybe they can have a way of letting parents know "hey this block is going to be edgy and unlike most things on CN. But there are other factors with new shows the CN has endorsed, like DC Nation the block. Why acquire that just to give it more competition?

Option B would work if toonami was thrown in the position to extend its hours. But we don't know if that will ever happen. Also C. could work if they add more time. But my thing with both options B. and C. is if I'm right and Naruto and One Piece and other shows like that become huge giants over the other shows, the other shows are screwed for promotion. People may just go like "DURR WATCHED NARUTO + ONE PIECE I CHANGE CHANNEL NAO PL0X" thus blockading a new generation of viewers from seeing other shows. So I wouldn't want them to be the opening shows to the block. But at the same time if they're on too late, it will prevent some viewers from being able to watch them and it isn't fair to the shows. UGHHHUUDSPFJZJSDXJUPSJAGUDSJVPJZ

And finally, let me talk about the internet. Now the internet and its hundreds of streaming anime will always be a threat to all anime on American television. But for those shows like Naruto and One Piece, most people have moved on to the Japanese dubs of them and have watched many of the episodes on the internet. Even the new fans of these shows, each day, just watch these shows on the internet since they're not on television. It's not that no one would want to watch them, but why act like the viewers are absolutely begging for this to happen when they're ongoing in Japan and they have had easy access to them?

That could only be for the sake of a new uncut dub. I guess I'm just saying that putting on Naruto primarily for availabilty is not the greatest reason for it to be on our tv screens. We've had availabilty to these shows the whole time.

And for big anime in general, they're kind of a problem. Like I understand why people would be greatly hesitant to get a show like DragonBallZ despite its awesome ratings. Why? Because huge shows are just... Once you get them, you don't get rid of them... for a very long time. If they were to put a huge show like DBZ and then want to make way for newer programs, people would be like "wtf" if the show was just yanked from the network.

The same applies to Shippuden. If they ever need to make way for new programs and what not, even if the show goes on a hiatus, they won't be able to get rid of it much, even if there are reruns. This may get repetitive.

That's why I am personally against those shows going on the block. I wouldn't mind them if toonami needed a ratings boost and just some fresh new shows however.

rezon iz da abcenc of prejidic, intolranc, nd bigorty

I'm a penguin and I love sticks. Please hit me on my head when I use the word "technically"
KittehNub
x12ashbashx1

NARUTO NARUTO!!! SHIPPUDEN!! IT was favorited by many people and then when it went on DXD it just got so blahh We should revive it in AMerica because many people love it come on TOONAMI!! REVIVE IT FOR US NARUTO FANS!! PLEASE!! :smileyhappy: 

KittehNerd
Ashelia

Reply to SpaceshipEDM - Message ID#: 64926088

I was hoping you'd post something like this so I wouldn't have to make an attempt. I agree now I'm done.

(Part of ) My Dragon Ball figure collection

Marriage is a sacred sacrament between a man, a woman, and Lord Kami.

I support traditional marriage, not these liberal politically correct Saiyan-Human marriages. It's sick. What's to stop men from marrying shape-shifting animals? Or Androids? It's a slippery slope. And the King of the World (who still hasn't released his birth certificate) is a socialist trying to shove this crap down our throats. Just the other day I saw a show where a boy turned into a giant monkey! Clearly the evolutionists at work, denying our holy Lord who came from Namek.