KittehLegend
HardcoreHunter

Re: Naruto Shippuden to Toonami

[ Edited ]

Reply to ssdakid1 - Message ID#: 64923514

I would only be alright with it if they showed more than one episode a week. As one episode a week is 48 episodes a year it would take way too long going that way.

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace. —Royal Tart Toter.
KittehPunk
NemesisPrimev2

Reply to Ashelia - Message ID#: 64927676

No. I don't want anything Naruto.

I don't hate it but the point of Toonami was to bring east and west together and expose a new medium.

I don't want extensions of shows previously shown on Toonami I want brand new shows.

No DBZ Kai, No Shippuden, none of that. Brand new ones like Black Butler, Panty And Stocking, Fairy Tail, etc.

KittehPunk
HyperionXIC

Reply to SpaceshipEDM - Message ID#: 64926088

I agree with everything you said. 

KittehFan
Echelon

Now I dont know who told everyone that Naruto: Shippuden would be aired right after Bleach, but they are an idiot. Wouldnt it be better if they brought it back and aired it at a later time spot... that way you still have to go through some anime to get to it. Which helps the block overall.

LONG LIVE TOONAMI
KittehNerd
SamMan

[ Edited ]

Reply to Echelon - Message ID#: 64930740

Echelon wrote:

Now I dont know who told everyone that Naruto: Shippuden would be aired right after Bleach, but they are an idiot. Wouldnt it be better if they brought it back and aired it at a later time spot... that way you still have to go through some anime to get to it. Which helps the block overall.

It makes no sense to keep any new show later in the block since at that time people will be going to sleep. 12-1AM is basically the best time to throw anything new on the table since that is when the block begins. The hour after that can still be used for new shows but it isn't exactly the prime time for the block. The last hour is best used for classics or reruns since most people will be sleeping or getting ready to sleep.

12-1AM: New Shows (Popular) [Bleach, Unknown]
1-2AM: New Shows [Unknown, Unknown]
2-3AM: Reruns/Classics [FMA, Bebop]

This is the midnight block, you have to play the dice right.  The example above is just how I think AS will get maximum effectiveness out of their lineup. 

KittehNub
x12ashbashx1

Reply to NemesisPrimev2 - Message ID#: 64927878

I know I want those shows too but the reason why people want Naruto is because the only reason it got low ratings was because it came off Cartoon Network and DXD censored the hell out of it and Shippuden is actually really good! Putting on Black Butler and Panty and Stocking would most definately be good because I watch those and love them! I even like Rosario + Vampire lol but I honestly wouldn't mind Shippuden on it because I hate subbed episodes and I prefer dubbed ones more, since the episodes in Japan are way ahead, putting Shippuden on Toonami is a chance for the English dubbed to catch up. If Shippuden still has low ratings then take it off and put some other anime in but I think Naruto should have a chance on Toonami. You know what ..TV Tokyo should have a channel for itself in America because Anime is so popular here.

KittehNerd
SoulReaperx420x

Look, Naruto is a legit action-anime yes. I'll admit alot of the things in that show can be childish. There is "alot" of action in naruto don't get me wrong. But since Toonami is going to be on Adult Swim this time around, I don't think Naruto would be a great fit for it. But i guess time will tell right?

KittehNerd
VegetaKingSSJ3

Reply to SoulReaperx420x - Message ID#: 64931810

Naruto okay, but Shippuden gets darker and way more violent than the original series so I think it could fit its way in the block overtime.

Swimpossible
cw20

naruto shippuden on toonami..... pair it up with bleach and we got something.

#WatchToonamiandStopComplaining
KittehNub
SnowTracker

Reply to cw20 - Message ID#: 64938884

As much as I like Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, I don't particularly want to see it on the new block unless they bring back the rotating adult swim where they would show DBZ and other toonami block shows on Mon's and Wed's (I forget the days, it's been a while) and then go back to their normal programing of Cowboy bebop and GITS the other days. I would rather see one piece over Naruto because one piece's plot is much stronger than anything Naruto has to give. I really think the only reason Naruto is still around is because of the pairing wars in Japan. Seriously, it's a bloodbath about pairings. They get very dark as time goes on, and you gotta think, in the earlier timeslots that they were placed in, they HAD to edit things. You can't really show a guy getting his chest blown open when 10 year olds are up, can you? Unless you've watched the shows, you don't know what they have to offer. Comments like "from what I've heard from other fans" is an invalid argument. You don't know. And think, how many viewers are actually online commenting about how they feel? How many of them keep up with the Japanese versions by reading the manga or watching the subs online? You don't like it? cool, but there are mass amounts who stay quiet and do like it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see Shippuden on here eventually if Toonami does well. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it this weekend.

Order of the Kitteh
rukiasoul

That would be awesome!
KittehPunk
NoelVermillion

Maybe if people suppoort Toonami it will hapen. However as of right now the cost would be to much for them. They already said today they want to start small due to a lack of funds. However fans support and good ratings can help them get more money for more things in the future. 

KittehPunk
NoelVermillion

Maybe if people suppoort Toonami it will hapen. However as of right now the cost would be to much for them. They already said today they want to start small due to a lack of funds. However fans support and good ratings can help them get more money for more things in the future. 

I would enjoy it but would like if they skipped the fillers XD

KittehPunk
AnimeFanBoy05

KittehNerd
Wizdumful

Reply to AnimeFanBoy05 - Message ID#: 65314436

I'm really on the fence about it.

Cons:

-I haven't heard a one good thing about it from peoples I know that watch/read it.

-I don't want another 2008 incident.

-I mean of course there's gonna be filler, but If it goes the same route as the orginal in terms of amount of it, I'm sure it would turn many people off. (Or would it, I dunno what the kids like anymore)

-Several other criticisms, most according to my taste which are irreleant.

Pro(s):

-Since it already has the Naruto name as well a bit of  exposure already, It'd bring in more viewers. (If it were to headline the block that is)

I'll come back with more pros as soon as I win the next Stanley Cup.

Good luck, I'm black and I don't skate.

KittehNerd
aSky

Reply to Wizdumful - Message ID#: 65316454

Why you guys even want Naruto is sooo vauge. You guys post no real reasons for wanting the show except for "I like the show" or "When Bleach ends" Naruto on Toonami will be a hit/miss situation.

With the boom of the internet you have to take in consideration of will people tune in or not. I can marathon the series from the comfort of my computer so why would I wait for 255+ weeks to finish it?

I dont want this block to be saturated with "mainstream, popular" shows. Toonami in the past did a good job of showing us shows that we had no idea that existed!

I can understand having 1 "popular" show to have people tune in for the sole fact that its popular.. but, short shows will do Toonami better than having a full block of long story premires that will just kill the block even faster. 

DeadmanWonderland is doing great because of its story.. Its only 12 episodes yet something cool happens every episode which makes you tune in. 

Naruto on the otherhand, you can skip 7 episodes and still understand the plot fully. in DeadmanWondeland you cant do that.

Don't get me wrong I love long running shows, But shorter & cheaper shows will do the block greater than expensive shows. 

Dandy Archaeologist
NoireAirwave

[ Edited ]

Reply to Wizdumful - Message ID#: 65316454

In this case I am not sure if the exposure is a good thing. It tends to deter an older crowd and attract a younger. The want viewers that are 18 + .

My kickass Toonami Tattoo
My tumblr where I generally post Toonami related gifs - Noire's Space
PSN: Vexx102
Dandy Archaeologist
NoireAirwave

Reply to aSky - Message ID#: 65316764

Yes Toonami did have popular long runners in the past but they also had a lot more time to play. Remember we only have Saturdays now not Monday-Friday. This is still MY biggest issue... I don't want long running Shonen filling up time slots. Once you play a Shonen like this you cannot get rid of it that easily... and you are looking at over 5 years of non-stop playing.
My kickass Toonami Tattoo
My tumblr where I generally post Toonami related gifs - Noire's Space
PSN: Vexx102
KittehNerd
SoulReaperx420x

Signing petitions isnt going to get naruto on toonami. They have to spend money to get naruto. money they dont have.

KittehFan
Echelon

Signing petitions to bring Toonami back is one thing, but signing one to bring a show to Toonami is a WHOLE other thing.

LONG LIVE TOONAMI
KittehNerd
AstroBoyFan

Unless you can get strong organization movement behind it and tens of thousands of people to sign it, petitions means as much as Chris Chan means to Toonami; absolutely nothing. This is clearly not one of those petitions that will gain tens of thousands of signatures and strong organization; thinking otherwise is foolish.

I seriously doubt Shippuden will ever come to Toonami. For me to be able to see it, Toonami needs funding for at least two more long-running shonen and right now, they can't even afford a second long-running shonen. When a new long-running shonen can come in, Fairy Tail will get first bidding due to being new and having the most potential to expand it's audience.

The only way Naruto: Shippuden will have a shot of getting in is if they can get the funding for another long-running shonen, whcih even then, odds are bleak. Shippuden will have to face against at least three popular long-running shonen; Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Yu Yu Hakusho and there could be more competition along the way. All three of these shows have more reasons to be on Toonami than Shippuden. One Piece has the benefit of being a mix of old and a new show, so it can draw fans of the series to it and bring in new fans as well that can jump in. Dragon Ball Z will most lkely be on Toonami if Nick is willing to give up the rights (since Nick will most likely not do anything with it due to airing Kai, could happen) since that show is synonmous with the legacy of Toonami and is the most wanted show period. Yu Yu Hakusho is considerably less expensive than both series, is highly requested, and is a great choice for a nostalgic long-running shonen (especially if DBZ is still unavailable by then).

Shippuden is a popular choice, but it's only highly requested on YouTube and I assume Naruto forums. Other sites I have checked either barely requested it or at best, moderately popular. Heck, if it weren't for YouTube and fan forums for the series, Shippuden probably wouldn't be even in the Top 10 most wanted new shows. So it faces a problem in which there isn't much potential to expand on it's fan base, which would make it difficult to profit from licensing it.

But what is the biggest problem that the show face is that the original series is considered by many to be the downfall of Toonami. This has made many Toonami fans opposed to the idea of putting it's sequel on the block. They are worried that this show could kill Toonami again and if this show can generate such fears (which btw, the staffs of Toonami are going to notice) among the fan base, this will reflect negatively if they can get to where they can seriously consider this.

In short, there isn't much of a reason to put this show on Toonami when they have other long-running shonen that are simply better choices and aren't associated with the death of Toonami in it's original run like the original Naruto. A petition as disorganized as the one posted will not change anything. Fans are going to have to accept that if they want uncut Naruto; that they are going to have to watch it online or buy the DVDs.

Fan of Toonami, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Super Smash Bros, An American Tail, Mega Man and especially Astro Boy!
Support Toonami's return and watch it every weekend so that we can get more exciting new shows!
For all fans of Toonami: http://toonamifaithful.com/forums/index.php
Toonami shows I want: Astro Boy (any version uncut), Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ruroni Kenshin, The Prince of Tennis, Death Note, Transformers: Armada, Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Panic, Hunter X Hunter (1998), Ranma 1/2, Street Figher II V, The Boondock, and Spawn: The Animated Series
KittehNerd
VegetaKingSSJ3

Reply to Echelon - Message ID#: 65324678

That is indeed true, BUT - Its showing DeMarco and all the workers that we do infact really want Naruto Shippuden. If nothing else it'll possibly encourage them to go and get the license for it :smileytongue:

KittehNerd
Wizdumful

Reply to NoireAirwave - Message ID#: 65317352

Yeah, I actually kind of agree with this.

Unless it expands magically to weekdays, I think it would be a better idea to stick with titles with finite numbers of episodes.

If Toonami were still on weekdays during 2008, they would've gotten through that deadly Naruto filler quicker.

Also they wouldn't have had to double up on episodes and have ordered more causing sped up dubbing production and all that.

If it WERE to expand, I'd be all for getting million year anime, regardless of how POOPY I may think most of them are.

KittehPunk
AnimeFanBoy05

Reply to aSky - Message ID#: 65316764

We want Naruto Shippuden on Toonami because it is a great action anime, lots of anime fans like it, Kishimoto does a good job with it and Toonami is the perfect place for it. The original Naruto was very successful on Toonami. But it DID NOT kill Toonami. That whole theory of Naruto killing Toonami is nothing but a huge misconception. Cartoon Network put all their budget into Naruto because it became so popular so and they ran out of money,  so it is not Naruto's fault.

KittehPunk
captcouch

Reply to AnimeFanBoy05 - Message ID#: 65336072

I can agree when it's said that Naruto didn't single-handedly kill Toonami. To say that it did would be over-stepping the bounds of circumstance; a lot of things were happening at the time that caused the ship to start sinking.

However, while I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Shippuuden on Toonami, and I'd most definitely watch it if it were, I'd rather it stay off Toonami for the time being. As it's been said, it's a big-name anime, and while it would help ratings, it's a two-way street. If you start it early in the block and move it to a later time to make room for new content, people are going to get upset. If you start it too late in the block, people complain that it's too late in the evening to watch and they resign themselves to continue watching the series via the Internet and the ratings suffer. Even worse, people would be rather upset to see it removed from the block altogether if that's what ends up happening. It's difficult to find a happy medium at this point in time, so if we are hoping to see it come on the air at some point in the future, we'll have to wait a while for the situation to allow for that happy medium, that being the block gets an extended time period, gets moved to weekdays, or a combination of the two.

AS can't afford to bite off more than it can chew right now, but you never know, you could see Shippuuden soon.