helpme

Re: The Ratings for Toonami 4/1/12

Reply to elfie - Message ID#: 64473157

:smileytongue:
MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

DiclonianSpaceMarine
KaedeTheDarkAngel

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 64460487

these ratings make perfect sense, only so many people can stay up this late, if they wouldve started (and finished) earlier the ratings would have been way higher. then again they kinda had to wait till after midnight anyways sooooooo yea.
SwimPunk
Toonamifanboi

Reply to KaedeTheDarkAngel - Message ID#: 64473219

WOW! Those are actually stronger then they have been in a while! And yeah if they had given some notice it would have been better. It has gotten to the point that I DVR Bleach and go to bed early every now and again. And the minute I saw the room, I said fuuuuuudge it and shut off the TV... if only I had stuck around... Also I think AS is finding itself in an awkward place. I PROMISE you they were planning on showing this then doing a bump talking about how everyone #### about toonami and no one showed up. Much like they do YEARLY with Inuyasha. Only this time... People showed up. Now they are crunching numbers and costs and waiting to see if we will go away. So keep Twitting and WRITE THOSE LETTERS. And on the freindly side... AS you know that was one of the highest rated nights you have had in years... I know the anime fans have hurt you and like any jilted girlfriend you want to make them suffer. But we can all win here! How would T.O.M. hosting a Boondocks bumper NOT be awesome!?
DiclonianSpaceMarine
KaedeTheDarkAngel

Reply to Toonamifanboi - Message ID#: 64473557

because the boondocks (regardless of how good of a show it is) is tasteless, besides the great thing about toonami was the anime, hell it's the whole reason why i started watching it in the first place. And they really coudnt have given us warning because it would have ruined the fact that it was an april fool's day joke. actually that's my biggest concern, but i figure that with rating like this we wont have to worry to much about them bringing this back. Like i've repeatedly said, it's just a matter of time, just be patient and keep the pressure on and there is a good chance they'll bring back toonami.
Order of the Kitty
RPD

That looks alot better than the usual Saturday. The later it got the fewer viewers there were, but at the beginning it looks great...
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

The Ratings for Toonami 4/1/12

Reply to RPD - Message ID#: 64474969

The late shows lost a lot of viewers but they retained more than the usual 3:30-6 am line-up. Even Gigantor beat the dog boy that usually resides at 5:30 am. It has been a while since anime around 3 am scored 700,000+ total viewers. We can't see them but I'd figure the 18-34 ratings for everything after Bleach was a few pegs higher than usual. Bleach probably got about 550,000, DBZ about 500,000, Gundam Wing about 400,000, Tenchi about 350,000, Outlaw Star back around 400,000 and maybe the same for Big O, 350,000 is for YYH and they probably kept close to 300,000 for Blue Sub and Trigun and maybe sank into the 200,000s for Astroboy and Gigantor as their total probably reflected some kids watching in the morning.

It should be expect that later into the night a larger portion of the total viewership was older than 18. Plenty of teens watch Bleach and would stick around for DBZ but they probably lost quite a few when Gundam Wing started had they never heard of it. Tenchi brought things down more but people coming home late noticed Outlaw Star and stuck around as late as they willing to stay up.
HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimStar
PestilenceTheUnholy

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 64476771

I think if there's one thing to take away from this ratings analysis, it's that the numbers for anime maintained a steady amount throughout the night. There were no real holes in terms of numbers. Just a steady rate as the night went on and even an increase at one point. Consistant numbers are far better than wild fluctuations.
As night falls upon the city, a fear grips its citizens. With the death of their hero comes the return of an old nightmare. He moves in the shadows and controls the minds of those around him leaving chaos in his wake. The inevitable return of pestilence is upon you. His return signals the begining of the end for you. Do not stand in his way, he has no sense of mercy and will destroy those who get in his way. No one is safe.

8-Bit Metal!
DiclonianSpaceMarine
KaedeTheDarkAngel

Reply to PestilenceTheUnholy - Message ID#: 64482735

SwimStar
PestilenceTheUnholy

Reply to KaedeTheDarkAngel - Message ID#: 64485545

Well, it's not so much shows that people want to watch, as opposed to shows people haven't seen in forever. I think the number would have maintained a steady pattern even if it wasn't Toonami, but I do think Toonami helped them be as high as they are.
As night falls upon the city, a fear grips its citizens. With the death of their hero comes the return of an old nightmare. He moves in the shadows and controls the minds of those around him leaving chaos in his wake. The inevitable return of pestilence is upon you. His return signals the begining of the end for you. Do not stand in his way, he has no sense of mercy and will destroy those who get in his way. No one is safe.

8-Bit Metal!
SwimPunk
MSaki

its over DBZ 999,000 :cathappy:

~MSAKI

Me and a bud run a irc network called IotaIRC.

We are a small network at the moment, we would like to change that, if you would like to join,
Server: irc.crystalfallows.com
Port: 6667 for normal, and +6697 for SSL
#chat and #[Adult_Swim] is our main channel`s, you may join
SwimGuru
elfie

Reply to MSaki - Message ID#: 64488183

MSaki wrote:

its over DBZ 999,000 :cathappy:

I made that joke!

Although I may have made it elsewhere online...

SwimFan
Ryugetsu

Why are some of their worst shows even on Saturday? (you can like them but I'm trying to make a point about some)

I mean you're putting live shows on a cartoon themed channel, its not the most intelligent choice in marketing

(ps you cant tell me that adult swim is seperate because they are technically and officially cartoon network as they have publicly admitted that themselves)

My ideal schedule for Toonami starts at 9pm.
TOONAMI HAS PROVEN THEY DESERVE IT IN RATINGS
SwimPunk
BrokenGlepnir

I am actually not disappointed in this at all really. They had absolutely no advertising for

it so I don't think it was as high as it could have been.

I am a little surprised that family guy still has such high ratings since I'm sure whatever

episode was on has been on over a hundred times.

I would like to find out how to get into the Nielsen ratings program though. It would be

great to show TV networks how I feel about their shows.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to Ryugetsu - Message ID#: 64489627

Ryugetsu wrote:

Why are some of their worst shows even on Saturday? (you can like them but I'm trying to make a point about some)

I mean you're putting live shows on a cartoon themed channel, its not the most intelligent choice in marketing

(ps you cant tell me that adult swim is seperate because they are technically and officially cartoon network as they have publicly admitted that themselves)

Okay I wont tell you that but one of those folks who doesn't consider Adult Swim an entirely seperate entity.

Cartoon Network freely airs live-action and have been doing so since 2005. At least it's down to 1 show and some movies on their side of the coin. Adult Swim... well I'm a bit less opposed to them airing live-action since they don't put it under the Cartoon Network label. Those shows can be darn funny IMO but they're going to do awful on Saturday because anyone who watched them on Thursday has little reason to watch them on Saturday as well and they don't have the same replay value or draw as well... Family Guy.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
DiclonianSpaceMarine
KaedeTheDarkAngel

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 64499493

good, i'm not the only one who thinks that it's messed up that they're putting the live action crap on saturday. it's okay that its on thursday, cuz that's futurama night, but putting it on saturday doesnt make any sense. there are way better things that they could air, like toonami :smileywink:

SwimHipster
jakeass2008

Reply to KaedeTheDarkAngel - Message ID#: 64500577

yeah its a slap in the face with all there live action shows , i just want to die and go to Toonami heaven where tom is god and every cartoon u watch is narrated by tom!
▒█▀█▀█▒▐█▀▀█▌▒▐█▀▀█▌▒██▄░▒█▌░▒▄█▀▄░▒▐██▄▒▄██▌▒▐██
░░▒█░░▒▐█▄▒█▌▒▐█▄▒█▌▒▐█▒█▒█░▒▐█▄▄▐█░▒█░▒█░▒█░░▒█▌
░▒▄█▄░▒▐██▄█▌▒▐██▄█▌▒██░▒██▌▒▐█░▒▐█▒▐█░░░░▒█▌▒▐██ ToonamiFaithful.com/ staff
SwimSuperfan
Bthug

Reply to jakeass2008 - Message ID#: 64504491

Now I couldnt read everyones posts and Im sure what Im about to say has been said already, but

Toonami was never advertised so all this was just word of mouth/web...for instance I wasnt home when [as] started but only went home when i saw someones post on facebook

Also I think its fair to say that it aired reletively late, not everyone could stay up and Toonami could have massive ratings if it aired earlier and attracted some kids/tweens..w.e. u wanna call them.

Honestly I didnt think the ratings were that bad, not to mention Im kinda proud bleach does that well, even with it being filler.

"IF YOU WANT TO TASTE THE GROUND FEEL FREE TO ATTACK ME" - Kenshin Himura"
“IT WASN’T ME WHO WAS WRONG, IT WAS THE WORLD” Lelouch Lamperouge
“HESITATION LEADS TO DISASTER” Kakashi Hatake
“I AM THE DOMINUS OF MEGADEUS” ROGER SMITH
SwimHipster
jakeass2008

Reply to Bthug - Message ID#: 64508325

yeah thats been talked about and known now since that blessed sat Toonami poped on lol and it does go to show alot , advertising wasn't done for this April fools joke gone wrong lol , but we are going to turn this into a good ting , this movement too big not to get what they want , its really like 65% of there views are us , we love Toonami , we need Toonami ! , just u wait until they come out and start talking about toonami , its going to make you cry dragonballz!

▒█▀█▀█▒▐█▀▀█▌▒▐█▀▀█▌▒██▄░▒█▌░▒▄█▀▄░▒▐██▄▒▄██▌▒▐██
░░▒█░░▒▐█▄▒█▌▒▐█▄▒█▌▒▐█▒█▒█░▒▐█▄▄▐█░▒█░▒█░▒█░░▒█▌
░▒▄█▄░▒▐██▄█▌▒▐██▄█▌▒██░▒██▌▒▐█░▒▐█▒▐█░░░░▒█▌▒▐██ ToonamiFaithful.com/ staff
SwimFan
Echelon

Everyone at Midnight EST tweet #bringbacktoonami and join the thousands of toonami faithul to get it trending wordwide not just USA.

Oh and stay tuned on April 21..heheheh :smileywink:

LONG LIVE TOONAMI
Order of the Owl
ben0119

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 64461893

Well, I for one, am pretty darn confused by these numbers.

Since when did Bleach get a million viewers, and since when did any anime get those high of views, for that matter?  From what I understand, the standing record was Big O Series Finale with around 600,000 viewers.  The last time I saw ratings reports, which was in the Bleach folder, were when Adult Swim used to do the bumps for that night's top 3, and really... 300,000 was about average as far as Bleach would get.

I don't follow any other ratings threads because I can only keep up with so many folders... But, I really don't get this.  Is this using a different metric than was used for those old top 3 bumps?

HULK HOGAN vs. LELOUCH vi BRITANNIA // My AIM: BenO0119 // My YIM: bao0119 // My MAL // My DeviantArt // My Steam Account // My Tumblr Page // Me and my Seth Green autographed Titan Maximum S1 DVD! // Sate your hunger for FMA! // RAVE MASTER CONTINUES! THE MANGA DISCUSSION // Rukia Kuchiki Fan Club! (spoiler-free!) // "Traps, is that what you call my simple diversions?" - Naraku // "Are you actually crying, Vash the Stampede? That is wonderful, truly wonderful." - Legato // "Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding." - Sosuke Aizen
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 64523725

I don't have the total viewers for the next week's anime block yet to compare to Toonami's total viewers but I do have the Saturday prime time 18-49's and total viewers

Live action on Saturday is doing about as bad or worse than it did on Sunday prime time against FOX

http://sonofthebronx.blogspot.com/2012/04/saturday-april-7-2012-c
able-finals-big.html?utm_source=fee...

0.34 for Family Guy with 18-49 946,000 total viewers (the week before was 0.46) - less than unadvertised out of the blue DBZ  (and Bleach) on 4/1/12

0.29 for Childrens at 9:30 PM with 18-49 and 734,000 total viewers (the week before got 0.19) - less than The Big O around 2:42 and all the anime before it that night

0.28 for Loiter Squad at 10:00 PM with 18-49 and 740,000 total viewers (the week before got 0.18) - still less than The Big O around 2:42 and all the anime before it on 4/12

0.22 for NTSF at 9:45 PM with 18-49  and 644,000 total viewers (it was not listed the week before) - less than Yu Yu Hakusho at 3:12 and all the anime before it on 4/1/12

The winner?

Actually King of the Hill at 9PM with 0.43 and 1,029,000 total viewers (the week before got 0.22) - still less than Bleach and not much higher than DBZ on 4/1/12

Brule's encore was not listed and I'm guessing it only got around 0.15 or something.

That's the second bad week for Family Guy in a row and the live action encores and reruns are not panning out. Maybe just maybe the first two hours are within Toonami's reach. I mean even reruns of InuYasha can probably get at least 0.3 at 9PM, so why really... why not try it?

But in all fairness, the Toonami ratings were a few notches higher than ASA has been getting lately, particularly in the later slots so only Bleach, FMA:B and Durarara would have beat NTSF and Brule going by the usual while the rest of the anime line-up probably did not. However the later in the night the more 18-49 are watching so lower total viewers than shows in prime time can still mean higher 18-49 or equal 18-49.

But those 18-49 on Saturday prime time the past two weeks were about as bad or worse than when live action was on Sunday against Family Guy and American Dad on FOX and when we had more complete numbers the late night anime were beating those with 18-49 so I'm very willing to believe the late night anime is beating those prime time comedy ratings and I'm also very confident even old reruns of InuYasha could do better than any of those live-action shows or even King of the Hill in the 9PM slot and Bleach could do even better even in reruns.

DiclonianSpaceMarine
KaedeTheDarkAngel

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 64523725

did you ever watch those numbers game bumps? Bleach never had less than 600000, or 700000, viewers. (back in the day anyway) just what numbers were you looking at?
SwimHELPeR
ALchemist81

Reply to Ryugetsu - Message ID#: 64489627

Ryugetsu wrote:

Quite frankly, that's a good question.  This live action Saturday block (From 9:30-10:30) has been about as gosh-awful as "Craptacular Encore Saturday" in the pre-expansion days of early Fall 2008.  In fact, I'm calling the 9 PM-12 AM portion of the lineup "Craptacular Encore Saturday II" because it #### about as bad.

Toonami could save Saturday nights epically in the near future!

Get Ready for the 2nd episode of the long-awaited, thrilling conclusion of the epic feudal fairy tale!! InuYasha: The Final Act on Toonami THIS SATURDAY NIGHT at 2 AM!
But first, Attack On Titan goes all Full Metal Jacket on us at 11:30 before Gohan reveals a new ability on DBZ Kai at midnight! Next, the showdown between Orochimaru and Yamato heats up on Shippuden at 12:30, and One Piece goes back to the beginning at 1 before team Dai-Gurren finally makes it to the Capital City Teppelin in Gurren Lagann at 1:30. After that InuYasha's on the scene at 2 in the Final Act before a great late late late night of classics, with Space Dandy at 3, Cowboy Bebop at 3:30, FMA:B at 4, a never-before-seen-on-Toonami episode of Ghost In The Shell at 4:30, The Big O at 5, and Samurai Jack at 5:30!
JUST ANNOUNCED: HELLSING ULTIMATE 9 WILL AIR AT MIDNIGHT ON DECEMBER 6TH TO KICK OFF TOONAMI'S 2ND ANNUAL MONTH OF MOVIES!!
SwimHELPeR
ALchemist81

Reply to KaedeTheDarkAngel - Message ID#: 64527027

KaedeTheDarkAngel wrote:
did you ever watch those numbers game bumps? Bleach never had less than 600000, or 700000, viewers. (back in the day anyway) just what numbers were you looking at?

Actually, Bleach's peak was 610,000, but those viewers are all in Adult Swim's target demographic of 18-34.  That number was reached back when Family Guy and Double Boondocks pushed ratings into the 2 million range (overall, NOT 18-34 only), and Bleach was over 1.6 M overall.  Compare that to the whole ratings picture on 4/1, which peaked at a 1.2 M Family Guy, and it seems that recent Saturday ratings pale in comparison to the greatness of the mainstay of 2011.

However, Toonami's ratings success lies in its ability to HOLD viewers.  Sure the number of overall viewers for the night were low, but with Big O and GITS at 3 AM, the drop was sometimes from 2M to 600k or lower.  On 4/1, the drop was from 1.2M to 700k.  If Family Guy can recapture its magic, and is followed by Toonami, then we could see new Toonami ratings in the 1M range at 3 AM, as we saw during the Clone Wars stunt.

Get Ready for the 2nd episode of the long-awaited, thrilling conclusion of the epic feudal fairy tale!! InuYasha: The Final Act on Toonami THIS SATURDAY NIGHT at 2 AM!
But first, Attack On Titan goes all Full Metal Jacket on us at 11:30 before Gohan reveals a new ability on DBZ Kai at midnight! Next, the showdown between Orochimaru and Yamato heats up on Shippuden at 12:30, and One Piece goes back to the beginning at 1 before team Dai-Gurren finally makes it to the Capital City Teppelin in Gurren Lagann at 1:30. After that InuYasha's on the scene at 2 in the Final Act before a great late late late night of classics, with Space Dandy at 3, Cowboy Bebop at 3:30, FMA:B at 4, a never-before-seen-on-Toonami episode of Ghost In The Shell at 4:30, The Big O at 5, and Samurai Jack at 5:30!
JUST ANNOUNCED: HELLSING ULTIMATE 9 WILL AIR AT MIDNIGHT ON DECEMBER 6TH TO KICK OFF TOONAMI'S 2ND ANNUAL MONTH OF MOVIES!!