Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimArbiter
SwimMod_Luuv

Toonami Helper Contest

[ Edited ]

So hey, don't take this as any kind of official announcement or anything like that, it is not.

But, we will be seeking a couple more helpers in the weeks to come for some key folders, this being one.

What Helpers do:

Generally help users who seem to have questions, directing them to the proper threads in .Com or answering questions themselves if they have those answers.  Thinking up and running fun games and such in their respective folders.  Changing the folder banners from time to time.  Making up polls.  Floating various discussion threads that catch their eye.  Floating episode discussion threads for shows that are still on air.  Fostering general discussion.  Helping with the occasional icon submission event.  Stuff like that.

Helpers are volunteers, so there is no set schedule.  You can pretty much log in and do your helper thing whenever you have time and feel like doing it.

Candidates will be judged (oooo judgment) in two areas:

1.  "essay" - why do you want to be a Toonami helper?  Tell us and we'll compare what you say to what we're looking for, and what everbody else says, and the results of the other leg of the contest, and see if you are the one we seek.

You can go whatever way you want with it.  Generally what we look for in Helpers is dedication, availability, sense of humor, knowledge of the show (or in this case brand) in question, helpfulness toward other users, ability to compile/tend character and show (or in this case brand) wikis, creativity with banners/visual layouts, and just - stuff like that. 

Your essay should basically just be about you and Toonami and why you want to Helper for it.  You can play it straight of funny or however you want to present that. 

It can also be any length (but don't get too wordy, if it's too long judges may fall asleep and not be able to finish your entry). 

You can also submit as many times as you want (but too many submissions might look spammy and judges might pass on you for that reason, so be careful with that).

2.  Impress us with your Toonami knowledgableness.

Am switching up the Trivia idea.  To make it easier/more accessible and less work.  Basically now instead of having to ask/answer specific questions, all you have to do is talk.  Talk about the Toonami shows and stuff, and we'll read your posts and go "hm yes, he seems to know just from whence he is speaking!"

Because that's how we talk. 

We also wear monocles and drink rum spiked tea from tiny cups.

SwimArbiter
SwimMod_Luuv

Re: Toonami Helper Contest

Reply to SwimMod_Luuv - Message ID#: 64545779

You may post your "essay" entries and any questions or comments you have in this thread.

I'll make a separate thread for the trivia part.

SwimFan
BoanThugsInHarmony

[ Edited ]

Why should I be a helper you ask? Well let me ask you something, why do you need a helper? In fact, are the Guides on this board helpful, or just there to flaunt their status and place in the ASMB hierarchy?

Now that I got that off my chest, I think I would make a decent helper. My knowledge on Toonami is vast and expansive, as I am well known on other Toonami oriented communities. I also have advanced photo, video, and music editing software, which could also help spruce up the banners and icons for the Toonami board. And yes, I do have a good sense of humor, I think Fox comedies suck.

One thing is that I'm not always available. I work a 9-5 shift on Mon to Fri. But I'm pretty much available during the weekend, and I have some spare time after-work to help tend the wikis or answer question.

Sorry if my essay wasn't big enough to meet your criteria; I don't know if there's anymore things that can make my resume look good!

P.S. Are there any rank restriction on becoming a helper? Most Guides have 2,000+ posts. I barely see SwimHipsters as guides. I saw one SwimNerd as a guide once, but I dunno what happened to him. And I don't think I ever saw a helper who was a swimfan.

hi
hi
hi
Soul Reaver Alchemist
-Gaynor79-

I believe that I am well suited to being the Helper for the Toonami folder. I have been watching Toonami since it's inception in 1997 when Moltar was our host, and the Clyde probes were sent to Earth from Ghost Planet. Toonami has always been an important part in my life because it was my first introduction to anime, something that has become the main focus of my life. Without Toonami, I would not have had much happiness in my life. I was very alone as a child, my parents having seperated, and my mother moving us away. Because of that, I didn't have any friends. But Toonami was always there for me. Having, Moltar, TOM, and SARA waiting for me when I got home from school always made me feel like I had friends. And I eagerly awaited seeing my favorite shows. The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest was probably one of my all-time favorite Toonami shows (I still remember that episode when Jonny and Jesse were possessed and ended up kissing). But like most Toonami faithful, things really came to a head when I started watching Dragonball Z. DBZ was the show all the kids talked about and couldn't get enough of. I was no different. But other than DBZ, I always loved Gundam Wing (I still have all the plastic models for all the Gundams!) and of course, Outlaw Star. 

But when it really comes down to it, I feel I am most qualified for the job because 1. I'm on the boards EVERYDAY. 2. I have seen most every show that ever aired on Toonami. 3. It is a chance for me to give back to the boards and the brand that I deeply care for.

In closing, I love Toonami about as much as I love Orihime (and anyone who knows me, knows that's saying something). And I want to live up to a quote I once heard from Toonami. Something that has been a mantra for me in my life: "Believe in yourself, and creat your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Being a helper would give me a chance to do just that.

Anime I'm watching: M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane, Tokyo Ghoul, Akame ga Kill

Plan to watch: Rozen Maiden (2013)

"If sinning is what makes us human, than is it really all that bad?"

Join us at rebuildofevangelion.org and join our discussions on all things Evangelion!
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

[ Edited ]

Reply to -Gaynor79- - Message ID#: 64548333

I generally consider myself a helpful person around the ASMB. Though I will admit I can be a bit mischevious. I believe in fairness toward all users and all opinions and often stick up for the unpopular opinion even if I do not neccessarily agree with it because every opinion matters and everyone has the right to their own. There's no reason why users cannot get along and enjoy pleasant conversation without flaming eachother and slinging insults. We can all co-habitate peacefully if we work toward mutual respect. I try to be a voice of reason whenever I come across a confrontation among posters.

I enjoy conversing on the ASMB and have been here since 2003. I come here every day even multiple times a day to discuss the shows, the programming strategies, the ratings and what shows I have enjoyed or would like to see on Adult Swim.

I wear my Toonami love on my sleave and have ever since I got here. I did not see the early years of Toonami because I didn't have cable until around 1999 but I was hooked by 2000 and stuck with it until the bitter end. I was there for the good times and the bad. Lots of people gave up on Toonami when it moved to Saturday but I stuck with it. Even more people gave up on Toonami in 2007 when it got it's last visual revamp and later lost half it's hours but I stuck with it. I have participated in many Toonami fan communities writing editorials for ToonamiFan.com, adding content to various Toonami fansites, doing a few Toonami related podcasts and discussing Toonami on multiple message boards for well over a decade. In all honestly I've spent maybe too much time expressing my appreciation for Toonami as a block and brand but I met a lot of great people doing it so it was anything but a waste to me.

In the helper capacity I would be able to answer generally any question regarding Toonami past or present and would make sure Toonami discussion remained pleasant while doing my best  to assure no one would feel unwelcome on the board.

I'm not terribly handy at making cool and professional looking headers and layouts but I know the ropes and can get my way around image editing software.

To me Toonami was always about giving viewers the best action animation around and giving them an opportunity to interact with the block on multiple levels. Now Adult Swim has the opportunity to make Toonami even more interactive with this message board and I would be thrilled to take part on the official board of the Toonami brand in any capacity. I had never thought the opportunity would ever come along due to it's cancellation. I would greatly appreciate being considered for the Helper role.

I hope you didn't fall asleep reading that. As the good TOM once said, "sleep is for the weak".

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimHipster
jakeass2008

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 64549231

ill take 10 of whatever he is taking!

▒█▀█▀█▒▐█▀▀█▌▒▐█▀▀█▌▒██▄░▒█▌░▒▄█▀▄░▒▐██▄▒▄██▌▒▐██
░░▒█░░▒▐█▄▒█▌▒▐█▄▒█▌▒▐█▒█▒█░▒▐█▄▄▐█░▒█░▒█░▒█░░▒█▌
░▒▄█▄░▒▐██▄█▌▒▐██▄█▌▒██░▒██▌▒▐█░▒▐█▒▐█░░░░▒█▌▒▐██ ToonamiFaithful.com/ staff
SwimArbiter
SwimMod_Luuv

Reply to BoanThugsInHarmony - Message ID#: 64547205

nope.  There are no rank restrictions as far as who can become a helper. 

SwimHELPeR
stonergoth187

[ Edited ]

Why should I be helper? The fame, the glory, the fancy “helper” tag beside my username indicating to others that I’m here, i'm special, and i'm helping? Regardless of any prospect I might have, my overall motive is to give back to Toonami in the same measure as I have received.

If there’s anything to be said about me, it’s that I would not be here typing this message and with such excited anticipation, if it were not for the impression that Toonami and Toonami’s programming had left on a much younger version of myself. The inspiration which guides my creative endeavors is not about replicating a brand or appending a certain kind of style or theme such that it looks ‘just so.’ The inspiration I have to create, share with, help, and inform others is in the message behind the label; it is to help convey the inner passion we all have for action-based programming and the culture that Toonami represents.

Those who will and those who are currently engaging and interacting In the Toonami discussion forum were likely among the very teens and kids who tuned into Toonami every day, and who never skipped a beat if they could help it. We all grew up together; basking in the televised magnificence that we all know as “Toonami” and the action programming and promotional material that still gives us chills. The kids in us don’t have to tell you why we’re here. The passion we all have speaks for itself; that we’re following a path we began in childhood. I was only one of many youths faced with the profound but ever necessary questions about life, humanity, and purpose: “Children leave their homes in search of this quest, as they search, they are always asking questions: ‘what’s out there?’ ‘What’s waiting for me?’” –Toonami, “Broken Promise (Dreams).” Toonami isn’t just about action or action programming; it’s about the resolve and the imagination behind bringing action into reality. "Perhaps there was an age where people dreamed of the possibilities in the outer space" -Toonami, "Space Is The Place." Ultimately you must act; the underlying message is that you are responsible for your own direction in life.

What is it about a show that makes it so enjoyable? What captivates, motivates, and inspires people to make something for others to behold? The beauty, for me, lies in the experience; which is something I always strive to convey. Working on artistic projects (Which are, and always have been influenced by Toonami and [as] action programming) is only successful when articulating a message or creating/contributing to an atmosphere for others to share, enjoy, and identify with. I’ve found that when someone requests that I make an avatar for their favorite show, theme, idea, or brand of peanut butter; I must unify their vision with my own so that I may blend ideas, styles, and concepts to create something that correctly and creatively articulates that vision with aesthetic merit. These, I think are my strong points, though I genuinely wish to help and offer support for toonami and my fellow Toonami fans in any way I am able.

I want to be a helper for the Toonami folder because Toonami is so much bigger than me; Toonami represents the “us” in programming, about the individual struggles behind the actions which work to unite us in our interests. Regardless of what decision is made in the end, I will still contribute to this vision as I continue to be humbled by it.

-cant say I didnt try! ^.^

When There is Fire There is Smoke
utubeIconsNerd ForumI Have Drawn YouCurrent ThemeDeviantart

♥ Toonami is the Canti to my Mamimi

*Lives in the Toonami Folder*

I make animated avatars for use within the ASMB by request, and/or just for fun. feel free to pester me with requests, tips, suggestions, etc

Oh, and if you wanna feed my siggy too

^.^♥

Matique is my love, _Star_Wolf_ is my apprentice, DarksidexXx is supah kewlzville, SirenPorcelianDoll is totally my mom, Flutie420 is my IB twin, Buddyroe360 is the broom inspector, BrainFlashAlfalfa is totally here, warcryofthecrazy is a freak, kid you not... F.R.E.A.K, Tetsu is liek a total IB celeb, 55 is the coolest kat, explosivo420 that is all, fierydoom AKA DAANNGGEERR DDOOOOMM!, VodkaJellyShot wanted to be here for unknown reasons, PostModernMartyr and i are in the same state -of mind, puffelufigus is here- i think, TexMex will always be here, Da_Killa_Ounze and i are sticky like good buds, mcbatcommander has an awsm screenname, Skiles is that guy, foryouwhynot's screen name is reason enough, Elle_Eccentric is too kewl for camp, 6clawPaw reminds me of all my polydactyl kitties

The best style is one so subtle it would negate me ever having written this sentence.

'--------------------------(+s((s~++sssssssssssssss='           
.'--------------------------(+~+/(=(ssssssssssssssss-           
''.'----------------------~~-+'.(=/+ssssssssssssssss/.          
''''-'-------------------------'.'/+/s=sssssssssssss='          
s-.-==~'-------------------------'.'(~===ssssssssssss-          
=D~.-zB=~-'-------------------------.'~/+=ss=sss=/=s+-.         
-DB(..=NBz/-'-------'-------.------.-----~/+=ss=s/+s~-'         
 +NB+. (BNND+..-.----'.------.~--'--'------~(/+ss+((~~'         
.'DNNz( -DNNNNz..'+---''.----.'~('--'-~-------(/+/--~~-.        
-.=NNNNz-'sBNNNBs.-~ -h'~' '=s+'~.---.-~----~-----'-~~-.        
-.=NNNNz-'sBNNNNBs.-~ -h'~' '=z'N~.--'-~-----~----'-~~-.        
~'-DNNNNB(~zBNNNNNBs.'-hNhz '+.'NN=.--'-~-----~~~~--~~-'        
-~.;NNNNNNBz=DNNNNNNs.-hNNN(.~sN.N='--'~---~~~~~-~-'~~~'        
''--zNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNhB-+NNN(-DDNND+'--'~~~~-~~~~~-'-~~-.       
h-'~+DNNNNNNNNNNNNNNBz-.~='.=-'...zB~'-'~~~~~~~~~~~-'~~~-.      
zBD'~BNNNNNNNNNNh'~-'=.-'=-=~..~-=~'(-~'~~~~~~-~~-~~'-~~-'      
B=Nz.zNNNNNNBz~.';sDBBNNNNNNNNNNNBDB='-'~~~~~~~~~~~~'-~~~'      
BsDNB.DNNNNz-.-=BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND-'-~~~~~~~~~~~''~~~'      
BNNNN+NNND( +NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN(-'-~~~~~~~~~~~-'-~~-'     
BNNNNNNN(.sNNNNNNNNNNNNBDzzzzzBBNNNNN+---~~~~~~~~~~~~'-~~~'     
BNNNNNN+'zNNNNNNNNNh=sszzzzz.DDBNNNBBN='--~~~~-~~~~~~''~~~'.    
BNNNNNB+hNNNNNNNND=shz+'' `... '~~~;(s=;---~~~~~~~~~~'.~~~-.    
BNNNNBBNNNNNNNNND=ss(    ..       ..~--.~~~~~~~~~~~~~-.~~~-'    
BNNNNBBNNNNNNNNh//~   (ss(.'ss(..  .-'~'~~~-~~~~~~~~~-.-~~~'    
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNh~-.   'DNNB~. (NNNNs- .~'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.'~~~'.   
BNNNNNNNNNNNNB(~'   .hNNNs    =NNNNB+'-'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'.~~~-.   
BNNNNNNNNNNNNz/-     ~DDD/    .zNNNNN+-'-~~~~~~~~~~~~~'.-~~~.   
BNNNNNNNNNNNz=/='     '-'     .+NNNNN-'--~~~~~~~~~~~~~-.-~~~'   
BNNNNNNNNNNDs/zN~  ....  . .   (NNNNNs-'--~~~~~~~~~~~-.'~~~~-.  
NNNNNNNNNNNN=sNN+   ......     -BNNNNz-'-~~~~~~~~~~~~~-.'~~~~.  
BNNNNNNNNNNhsNNNh.......   ..  -BNNNNh-'-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''~~~~'  
BNNNNNNNNNNDBNNNB- ..  . . .   -DNNNNh-'-~~~~~~-~~~~~~~''-~~~-  
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNz..........   ~BNNNDh-'-~~~~~~-~~~~~~~''-~~~-. 
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN+ ....'.  ../NNNNNND-'-~~~~~~-~~~~~~~-''~~~~' 
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN/ ....    /DNNNND=~'-~~~~~~-~~~~~~~-..-~~~- 
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN=-     -sNNNNN-D(~'-~~~~~~-~~~~~~~-..-~~~-.
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNBs-sDNNNNN~(sNB('-~~~~~~'~~~~~~~-..-~~~~'
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDD~hD=d=NNNNN+.-~~~~~~'~~~~~~~~.'--~~~-.
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNBNNNNNNNNNNNNN+.-~~~~~~'-~~~~~~-..--~~~-'
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN+.-~~~~~~'-~~~~~~~..--~~-.'
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN+.-~~~~~~'~~~~~~~-'.-~~~~''
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN=.-~~~~~~'~~~~~~~-'.'-~~~'.
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNs.'~~~~~~'~~~~~~~-'.'~~~~-.
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNs.'~~~~~~'~~~~~~~-''.-~~~~.
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNs.'~~~~~~'~~~~~~~-''.--~~~.
BNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNz.'~~~~~~'~~~~~-~-''.'-~~~'

SwimHELPeR
Da_Killa_Ounze

I would be happy to be a helper because I try to help enough when I am here anyways, I honestly prefer to be friendly and helpful and it'd be nice to have an area to specifically lend some of my knowledge that comes with years of posting on this board and watching Toonami, along with [as] and Cartoon Network. I've been posting now since 2004, and started being a die hard fan of Cartoon Network and all the awesome things that come with it like Toonami and [as] since about 2002. I've generally been a fan of anime for about 12 years now and Toonami along with [as] are one of the main reasons for that. They introduced me to some of my favorite shows to this day, and in a fun way which made the experience even better which is something I hope to help offer. I am happy to see that although [as] may of lost the interest they once had in anime, Toonami is making a return and that's great news in my book and I would like to be a part of it.
       Also I spend a good chunk of time online and I would enjoy researching to keep people up to date with Toonami and the shows played during it. I don't think I would have any problems coming up with games, and other thread ideas to help keep the folder fun and a place worth stopping in for fans or even people generally curious about Toonami. Another plus is I have the boards anywhere I have cell phone reception thanks to an app. I receive notifications of activity so I can easily stay on top of things in the folder answering any questions I can, providing links, and making sure no spamming or flaming is going on inside of the folder.
     In closing I think I would make a friendly, and on the ball helper. I love this message board, I love the people, I love Toonami, and I have the time and passion to be highly involved with the folder, and I might just end up being a great help(er?). Either helper or not I will remain to be a fan of these boards and Toonami for years to come and who knows maybe if I don't become a helper here there'll eventually be helpers wanted in another folder where I have the interest, the love, and the knowledge where I can confidentally apply to be of assistance and maybe then I will be given the awesome and rad responsibility of helping maintain a folder(although I am keeping my finger crossed this time), but no matter what I will try to always keep my dbaggery to a minimal, and be as friendly and helpful as I can be.,. at least when I'm not babbling incoherently in IB(of course I'm just kidding on that last part). Happy voting, and good luck to all the potential helpers who apply!

:smileyhappy:

Home Movies                                             King Of The Hill

Trigun                                   Toonami
Family Guy                                                     American Dad
            The Cleveland Show
X-Box Live Gamer Tag: Killa Ounze Free Official Microsoft Points: Here

That's all for now kids, btw I used to be an Admin

SwimFan
BoanThugsInHarmony

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 64549231

Everyone stop trying. It's obvious that Sketch is going to be this board's helper. He's more qualified for the job than any of us. Hell, even my trivial, and useless, knowledge on Toonami cannot beat what he has.

P.S. I recorded every Rising Sun broadcast from 2002. If you want to see some clips, PM me.
hi
hi
hi
SwimHELPeR
Da_Killa_Ounze

[ Edited ]

Reply to BoanThugsInHarmony - Message ID#: 64553905

BoanThugsInHarmony wrote:
Everyone stop trying. It's obvious that Sketch is going to be this board's helper. He's more qualified for the job than any of us. Hell, even my trivial, and useless, knowledge on Toonami cannot beat what he has.

P.S. I recorded every Rising Sun broadcast from 2002. If you want to see some clips, PM me.

Who are you to say that? Just curious since I don't see any special rank. Not SwimMod, not SwimInsider...

I say everyone who would like to be should try, if they weren't interested in other people they wouldn't be asking for helpers in 3 or 4 folders right now. I personally stick to what I said and goodluck to those who feel extra helpful and would like to be more involved with the folder like myself or stonergoth187.

Home Movies                                             King Of The Hill

Trigun                                   Toonami
Family Guy                                                     American Dad
            The Cleveland Show
X-Box Live Gamer Tag: Killa Ounze Free Official Microsoft Points: Here

That's all for now kids, btw I used to be an Admin

Gentry
spearhead

Well, I would like to be helper for Toonami because of the legendary status it has with its fanbase. It would be such an honor to work with people who both had a vast knowledge and bank of memories of this segment and the dedication to make this folder as interesting as all the others. I most likely won't win the nomination, but I just thought I'd make the effort to make my intentions to be HELPeR known if it meant that it gave me even the slightest chance that I would make it. I have a good sense of humor and try to make things enjoyable for people, and am generally friendly to people on here, and I almost got a FLCL wiki going! So, nominate me or not, it's your decision, but at least the people know that I was interested in the job as well. ^.^
MEMBER OF TEAM IB ON XBOX LIVE :3
XBL GT/YIM/MAL/last.fm: bleachfan2299 If you wanna facebook, holla holla!
PSN: bleachfan299
Elle_Eccentric is IB's Resident Den Mother =^_^=
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

BoanThugsInHarmony wrote:

Thanks Boan, I'm touched. :smileylol:

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimArbiter
SwimMod_Luuv

I love what I'm reading from everybody.  This is probably going to be the hardest one of these to judge yet.  Nobody has anything sewn up at this point. 

We really want to hear from everybody that's interested.

Also, yeah sure, everybody can't win obviously, but you know, every year there's more stuff on the block, and more shows, and more helper possibilties.  So even people who don't win this time around, could possibly still be tapped in the future, or have a shot through another contest or something.

It ain't over til it's over.

SwimHELPeR
DBZ4ever

If there is ever an opening for a DBZ Helper or an Outlaw Star Helper, let me know because I would enter that in a second.

I might try for this but I am not sure yet.

"La vie est drôle"-Ragyō Kiryūin

Are you interested in a Dragon Ball Rewatch, CLICK HERE!
3DS friend code: DBZ4ever 4382-2523-5901: I have a Poison Friend Safari in Pokemon (Gloom, Swalot, Drapion)

Toonami Tinychat password: Toonami(Come join us Saturday night or anytime)                                                                                                                    XBL: xCaptain Aizen Join Team IB and together we can talk about Pokemons' buttholes!
SwimStar
InuFan05

Two questions:

1- When is the deadline?
2- Can I enter with this account- my main- and transfer the status- if I'm awarded it- to my alt? Or do should I apply with my alt?

Thank you!
I'll always be by your side.           You can always count on me.

"My meeting you was no coincidence. It's more than that..."
SwimArbiter
SwimMod_Luuv

Reply to InuFan05 - Message ID#: 64570907

We sorta play this stuff by ear, but generally about a week.  If there seem to be a lot of last minute entries we'll leave it open a little longer to give everybody a chance.

Helpers have the option of converting their current SN, their main, an alt, or creating a new SN just for the helper rank.  It's pretty much up to the user.

SwimStar
InuFan05

Reply to SwimMod_Luuv - Message ID#: 64571541

Thanks so much for answering! I'll hopefully be able to submit something (or attempt to) soon. :smileyvery-happy:

SwimNerd
WinryTheAlchemist

Reply to InuFan05 - Message ID#: 64572351

Here's the alt I'd like to enter with and have the rank of HELPeR applied to, should I be fortunate to be awarded it.

Getting to witness the return of Toonami this past April Fool's Day was simply a fantastic and unforgettable experience that I will always cherish and be grateful to have had. It had awakened something that has lain dormant within me for quite a few years since I had left my childhood behind, something that I could almost call magic. I felt like all of my troubles and stress in life had just vanished and that I had returned to the much simpler times in my life when my only worries were making sure that I had remembered all of my homework assignments for the night and ensuring that I could finish my work in time to catch all the shows I was following on television during the weekend. Just getting to see TOM and hear his voice once again was more than enough to lift my spirits, and it made me remember all of the little things that are a significant part of me, to use the cliché. However, looking back at events from over two weeks ago, I have come to realize that the personal importance of this experience transcends merely getting to relive wonderful memories from the past, which for many- if not all- of us was our childhood. There were many implications behind this event that have given me the desire to be the HELPeR of this folder, which has become the ultimate symbol of this incredible experience. 

The most notable thing about this past April 1st was that there was a sense of community that unified everyone across the boards. Despite my relatively short time here on the ASMB, I have immediately noticed that everyone is divided according to their interests. As soon as people join, they rush over to the corner of the boards that appeals to them most and make it their home. I am naturally no stranger to this as a regular participant in the InuYasha folder, as is obvious on the name and custom sig of my main account. However, on that night, everyone, regardless of their interests, congregated to this folder to celebrate the pleasant surprise on our televisions. Newcomers entered the discussions in what must have been record numbers- their joining was to the extent that the boards experienced technical difficulties multiple times, after all- and were welcomed with open arms. Many different folders saw many enthusiastic visitors, which consisted of both old and new members. Seeing all of this was certainly heart-warming and lovely, to say the least, and it has instilled in me the desire to be actively involved in maintaining such a strong sense of community. As a HELPeR, I could very successfully accomplish this. I want to help create a platform where all can come together and share their views on what is undoubtedly extremely precious to all of us. It would be my honor to participate in such a setting where everyone from such a diverse place can come together for once without any signficant factionalization. After all, in such a place where the community is so divided, it is necessary to have a common ground that almost everyone could- to some extent- relate to.

Furthermore, expanding upon the unity that was created within a night, everyone who participated found a cause that tied everyone together: pressuring for the return of Toonami. Everyone developed the express goal of fighting for returning what once was so precious to us, and they exhibited a strength which has been very admirable to witness. Getting to be involved in such an active community would be something simply remarkable for me to get to experience. I want to get to be a strong voice amongst many others and serve as a source of encouragement for others, just as almost everyone else has been. Especially because we are all interacting in an online setting, it is really important that everyone be involved in a positive environment wherein everyone can relate to and connect with each other very well. As HELPeR, I would ensure that such a platform is created. As someone who admires anyone who can bring many different people together and serve as the heart and glue of a group, I would love to have the opportunity to step up and fulfill this role. 

Finally, I noticed that a bit of a recurring theme in this folder was bridging the past and present, as well as the near future. It is natural that for such a long-running program block, everyone had different experiences with Toonami and joined in on the fandom at different points. I found it interesting to see how people brought their different ideas of what they experienced, as well as what they wanted to see in the future, to the table. All of these different views and ideas just made the folder extremely colorful and added an air of uniqueness to it that I appreciated. As HELPeR, I would love to help open up more of these dialogues and allow everyone the opportunity to share their experiences and desires, to exchange their ideas.

When I couple what I have appreciated from what I witnessed two weeks ago with my personal experiences and skills, I find myself to be a viable candidate for HELPeR. Outside of the internet, I have experience in interacting with diverse groups of people and have connected well with all of them, especially now that I am in college. Even in the ASMB, I have participated in disucssions in several different folders, including IB and the site support folder. In general, I have been able to keep up friendly conversations with everyone and have had some very memorable and lovely conversations. No matter what, I always try to be friendly, tactful, civil, and fair when interacting with others and try to avoid drama, although it is inevitable on the internet. Even if there are problems, I try to be polite, but firm, to confront them without causing any signficant trouble. With all of that in mind, I feel like I can use my interpersonal abilities to create the setting that I spoke of where everyone can feel united and a part of a large community. I can use my strengths to make this folder a place where everyone can express their opinions and share all of their knowledge and experiences to enhance the community. As someone who enjoys and greatly values learning, I find this particularly important and will emphasize this to the best of my abilities. Naturally, we are all limited and have our weaknesses and selectiveness in terms of what we remember and know. Nobody has an absolutely perfect and thorough knowledge of everything, regardless of how well-versed they may be in what they know. Even I, an applicant for HELPeR, admit that there are some areas where my knowledge falls flat. However, as HELPeR, I will apply this desire and this knowledge of human limitations to better the board and everyone's experience by encouraging people to freely share their ideas and information to allow for learning and a more interactive and animated experience. This would ultimately add more layers and merit to the folder.

Ultimately, as a person who seeks the position of HELPeR, I am fueled with ideals formulated based on what I have witnessed on the boards, particularly this folder, thus far, combined with my strengths and a strong motivation to help improve the boards. I take every community that I am a part of very seriously, even if it is online, and I hope to be actively involved and to enhance the experience of all members. It would be a great honor for me to be awarded this rank, and I will do my best to use it for the good of everyone. Furthermore, on a personal level, it would be simply lovely for me to take on a more proactive approach and appreciation for what was a big part of my childhood, and the nostalgia of what this folder stands for would make this experience simply invaluable to me.

Despite the cumbersome length of this submission, I hope that you'll consider me for the position of SwimHELPeR and thank you for your time. Additionally, I wish everyone who is seeking this position the best of luck and congratulate them on their hard work to vie for this position.

Yes, I am aware that Winry is not an alchemist; I just like the ring the name had to it. :smileywink:

I am InuFan05, except in an ALTernative form...

Anime, anime, anime... I :heart: anime.
Order of the Owl
JQuest15

Wow, Sketchor? Gaynor? Boan? stonergoth?

This is gonna be hard, glad im not in your shoes Luuv! They're all so good for the job it's hard to just pick one.
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to JQuest15 - Message ID#: 64576307

JQuest15 wrote:

This is gonna be hard, glad im not in your shoes Luuv! They're all so good for the job it's hard to just pick one.

once I seen Skech Gaynor and stonergoth

I already knew this was already over for anyone else

@Luuv you really have your hands full here

may the Best knowledgeable user win

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

SwimHELPeR
stonergoth187

Reply to stonergoth187 - Message ID#: 64552345

As far as availability goes, I take my classes online and have a laptop in order to do so, so that pretty much means that I have to have access to my laptop and internet at all times. I never really have a set sleeping schedule so any free time I have besides what i set aside for school will be spent here and/or working on things for this here forum...

I make animated avatars for use within the ASMB by request, and/or just for fun. feel free to pester me with requests, tips, suggestions, etc

^.^♥

Matique is my love, _Star_Wolf_ is my apprentice, DarksidexXx is supah kewlzville, SirenPorcelianDoll is totally my mom, Flutie420 is my IB twin, Buddyroe360 is the broom inspector, BrainFlashAlfalfa is totally here, warcryofthecrazy is a freak, kid you not... F.R.E.A.K, Tetsu is liek a total IB celeb, 55 is the coolest kat, explosivo420 that is all, fierydoom AKA DAANNGGEERR DDOOOOMM!, VodkaJellyShot wanted to be here for unknown reasons, PostModernMartyr and i are in the same state -of mind, puffelufigus is here- i think, TexMex will always be here, Da_Killa_Ounze and i are sticky like good buds, mcbatcommander has an awsm screenname, Skiles is that guy, foryouwhynot's screen name is reason enough, Elle_Eccentric is too kewl for camp, 6clawPaw reminds me of all my polydactyl kitties

The best style is one so subtle it would negate me ever having written this sentence.

SwimHELPeR
stonergoth187

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 64577621

helpme wrote:

JQuest15 wrote:

once I seen Skech Gaynor and stonergoth

I already knew this was already over for anyone else

@Luuv you really have your hands full here

may the Best knowledgeable user win

Well, if in the event that I do not win, I would still like to volunteer my time and effort to make cool promotional toonami stuff!

^.^♥

SwimStar
InuFan05

Reply to WinryTheAlchemist - Message ID#: 64574667

Despite my hectic schedule, I should be able to log on every night, even if for a little while, so that I can properly fulfill my duties and ensure that everything is going smoothly.

SwimArbiter
SwimMod_Luuv

I think we're going to wrap these up this weekend so be sure to get your entries in!