Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serf
WizKhaIifa

Toonami on 4/20/2014

[ Edited ]

Assuming Toonami is still around by 2014 and still runs at the same timeframe, I propose a plan to celebrate a great holiday.

Since the 20th is on a Sunday that year, and Toonami technically starts on a Sunday, here's how it will go down.

Thomas will say "Sup Faithful, ready to go into space?"  "oh wait, we're already here."

The programming will run as planned for that night, except the show being aired in 4:00am slot will be momentarily cut out at 4:19am. At 4:19, you will see Tom and friends scurrying around the absolution to roll up. 

Mod edit: You can't discuss the use of illegal drugs on the boards.

SwimStar
SpaceshipEDM

Re: Toonami on 4/20/2014

Reply to WizKhaIifa - Message ID#: 65930806

#BasedTom
rezon iz da abcenc of prejidic, intolranc, nd bigorty

I'm a penguin and I love sticks. Please hit me on my head when I use the word "technically"
Magical Pink Monster
BUU8800

It took me a sec to get the reference....I wish I hadn't....

SwimNerd
Syst3m7

By that logic S.A.R.A. should come back on June 9th next year

Wonder B0ner
SwimNerd
TaiChiChaser

This is wrong on so many levels. Even though Adult Swim is technically directed towards older audiences. they would never make direct drug references, especially by having characters "smoke". 4/20 is a horrible day since it gets many teens into drugs so they can "fit in" and "be cool". And the last thing Adult Swim would want to do is support this dangerous tradition. So take your love for drugs somewhere else, since it's ILLEGAL and WRONG and will NEVER be supported on Toonami, Adult Swim or any other television network.

We might of brought Toonami back, but it's not over yet. #KeepToonamiAlive
SwimHELPeR
Da_Killa_Ounze

[ Edited ]

Reply to TaiChiChaser - Message ID#: 65932804

TaiChiChaser wrote:

This is wrong on so many levels. Even though Adult Swim is technically directed towards older audiences. they would never make direct drug references, especially by having characters "smoke". 4/20 is a horrible day since it gets many teens into drugs so they can "fit in" and "be cool". And the last thing Adult Swim would want to do is support this dangerous tradition. So take your love for drugs somewhere else, since it's ILLEGAL and WRONG and will NEVER be supported on Toonami, Adult Swim or any other television network.

Wow I don't think you have any proof of what you said. There are people who are on marijuana for medical reasons be it depression, chemo, or other ailments who don't think marijuana is "dangerous" or that a day celebrating something that has many good uses as a "horrible day".

Alcohol has been proven to be more harmful then marijuana, not to mention actually addictive, I don't see you throwing a fit about all the kids that have died from over drinking, drinking and driving, and the influences of ads during intermissions of tv shows, or during tv show or anime and who knows how many kids that got to start drinking at a young age(the numbers say a lot of teens drink before they can even drive). So you are going to get all gung-ho and insulting over this and just ignore the alcohol problem because that's currently deemed as acceptable despite the damage it causes, along with violent out bursts? A lot of studies have supported that alcohol is the main gateway drug. Also it's not ILLEGAL in black and white and set in stone, over 15 states of okayed medical marijuana, and California was just a few percent off from full legalization a few years back. If you going to act like your standing up for kids don't just pick one thing to attack because someone has a life style or an idea you don't approve of like your better or know more. [as] has never been anti-weed either. I also don't think you know very much about marijuana besides that you've been told it's a bad bad super naughty drug, because what you said is all wrong besides it being illegal and even that is half wrong, well maybe it has influenced teens but no more and no worse of a way then alcohol has. I'm not saying break the law, but I am saying just because something is not 100% legal does not mean it's some super horrible thing that should be hated and inspire you to pass judgment on others, unless of course you're a judge and the person is on trial for a crime.

I don't think the idea is a great one, I don't support it, I'm not going to say I hate it because I don't, but definitely not for Toonami in my opinion, and arguably not really for the boards, but everyone has right to their ideas and opinions no matter how wrong they are. If you think it's wrong and breaking rules report it and let a mod handle it is my advice.

Home Movies                                             King Of The Hill

Trigun                                   Toonami
Family Guy                                                     American Dad
            The Cleveland Show
X-Box Live Gamer Tag: Killa Ounze Free Official Microsoft Points: Here

That's all for now kids, btw I used to be an Admin

SwimNerd
TaiChiChaser

Reply to Da_Killa_Ounze - Message ID#: 65932984

Yeah cuz he totally meant medical use. <.<

SwimNerd
Wizdumful

TOM needs it for is cataracs.

Who's to say it's illegal up there, space laws and everything.

SwimHELPeR
ALchemist81

This is a completely dumb idea.

Wouldn't get the reference here in Central Time. Everyone would be like "why's everyone getting stoned at 3:20?!"

Plus, Off the Air aired last week from 4-4:30 AM Monday-Friday, which happens to contain 4:20 AM.

Toonami needs to just stay the hell away from that "Stoner" comedy aside from Mushroom Samba of Cowboy Bebop.
HELLSING AND ISCARIOT HAVE SEEMINGLY JOINED FORCES AND ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE IN LONDON, BUT WILL ALUCARD EVER GET THE HELL OFF THE BOAT? FIND OUT THIS WEEK AT 2 AM, ONLY TOONAMI!!

But first, Attack On Titan shows Eren reluctant to kick his former comrade in arms Annie's ass, when she reveals herself to be the Female Titan at 11:30, then Bleach continues with Ichigo and friends kicking Xcution's ass at 12. The 4-Tailed Fox craves snake soup on Shippuden at 12:30. Once Piece delves deep into Robin's past at 1 before team Dai-Gurren has to fend of fearsome Adiane the Elegant on Gurren Lagann 1:30. Then, the Vampires come out at 2 AM as Hellsing Ultimate brings you another awesome round of undead-on-undead action! After that, get ready for a great late late late night of classics, as Space Dandy returns at 3, Cowboy Bebop is next at 3:30, FMA:B at 4, a never-before-seen-on-Toonami episode of Ghost In The Shell at 4:30, The Big O at 5, and Samurai Jack at 5:30!
Serf
WizKhaIifa

[ Edited ]

4/20 is a horrible day because Hitler was born and the Columbine Massacre occurred that day. Both events coincide with each other, but the holiday of 4/20 is completely unrelated. Since the tradition started at the time of the day, rather than time of the year, any day can be 4/20 according to one's preference.

And also, Tom is doing it for medical uses. He scraped his knee, and now requires high CBD to low THC ratio strains. 

SwimHipster
bjshepp

Reply to WizKhaIifa - Message ID#: 65935888

Whiz Khalifa watches Toonami?

SwimNerd
TaiChiChaser

Reply to Wizdumful - Message ID#: 65934332

Doesn't matter if it's in space, unde rthe sea or halway across the world. Toonami is broadcasted on American television, so they have to abide by certain rules, and illegal drugs are one of them. Plus, TOm doesn't have cataracs or a scraped knee. That wouldn't happen. And the MOD edited out of the message, right? That means it isn't right.  

And no matter how you try to justify it, these drugs are illegal for a reason.  And drugs will never be "advertised" in any way on American television so just take this somewhere else. 

SwimHELPeR
Da_Killa_Ounze

[ Edited ]

Reply to TaiChiChaser - Message ID#: 65940010

Do you live under a rock?

FX has shown smoking on Louie and Wilfred. I don't know how many stations have played movies like Cheech and Chong, Harold and Kumar, Half Baked, or Super Troopers. [as] has shown smoking on episodes of Family Guy, King of the Hill had a bit about smoking and Hank taking a hit, and ATHF showed Carl, Shake, and Meatwad trying to smoke.

Also alcohol is a wicked nasty drug and that's advertised. Your arguments come from your own personal opinion. The mod only edited out the bad stuff, anyone with half a brain still knows what this thread is about and it's not locked, you have no right to tell users not to post here(edit: on the boards/in this folder).

Also "these "drugs" are illegal for a reason" it's one thing that he mentioned, and as I said before it is partially legal considering close to half the states have legalized medical use for depression, chemo, and dozens of other ailments. Also, this 'drug' is illegal because of lies, marijuana was a threat to the timber industry, try watching a special on this before you make stuff up and present it as facts because of your own opinion.

Edit: (seriously you should see the racist tactics used to make the 'drug' illegal in the first place, they used racism against Mexicans, Africans/South Americans, and Native Americans... not to mention straight up lies that they used). It's arguable the only reason it's not fully legalized now is because of the impact it would have on the jail/prison systems, not to mention that much less money coming into the government.

The Cleveland Show

SwimNerd
TaiChiChaser

[ Edited ]

Reply to Da_Killa_Ounze - Message ID#: 65940194

Can't you read what the MOD said whe nhe edited the post? 

You can't discuss the use of illegal drugs on the boards.

And whether you like it or not, it is illegal to be in possession these drugs (unless prescribed by a doctor). And when I'm talking about American television, I don't mean the showsm I mean the network bumpers in promos that go inbetween the show. They're not allowed to adveritse drugs whatsoever during the commericial breaks, even when it's promos for the network's own shows.

And how am I being racist? Illegal drugs are bad, especially when used in the wrong way, which was what was being said to begin with. And as long as we live in society we have in place today, these drugs will never be legalized. It would be a pretty sad world seeing my children grow up in a world where it's ok to get high and kill your brain cells.

SwimHELPeR
Da_Killa_Ounze

[ Edited ]

Reply to TaiChiChaser - Message ID#: 65940270

You are discussing it, so it's okay for you but no-one else?

I'm not condoning or talking about personal use, but if you want to keep bringing things up that are false then I will say something back to you. I never said you were being racist, actually read what someone writes before you respond please.

Edit: You do not specify either, you keep talking about it and telling another user to leave and then stating your personal opinions as fact. All I have done is state facts. Have a good day.

The Cleveland Show

SwimNerd
TaiChiChaser

[ Edited ]

Reply to Da_Killa_Ounze - Message ID#: 65940296

SO are you saying the MOD was wrong to of edited the post since he was talking about ILLEGAL DRUGS? Because that's the reason the MOD edited it, and I'm only supporting this anti-drug rule. Answer that. Because whether you like it or not, it's ILLEGAL. And there's a difference where your posting AGAINST drugs and posting SUPPORT for drugs. 

And To WizKhalifa, I just tweeted Jaso nDeMarco, the gu ywho runs Toonami, about what you said. Here's what he had to say:

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/244193814774964224

SwimHELPeR
Da_Killa_Ounze

[ Edited ]

Reply to TaiChiChaser - Message ID#: 65940338

Nope, I am done with your lies and putting words in my mouth.

You kept talking about it and I did not talk about the using illegal drugs I mentioned some facts since you apparently couldn't stop talking about it. It's apparent by the way you keep making things up that I didn't say, that you are mad because I went against your opinion with facts that contradicted it. Also go a head and twist the rules to your benefit, I did not break any rules, so my advice, although it may be rude is and out of character for me: grow up. I'm not responding to your lies, exagerations, and hostility anymore.

As I stated before have a good day.

The Cleveland Show

SwimNerd
TaiChiChaser

[ Edited ]

Reply to Da_Killa_Ounze - Message ID#: 65940390

At the end of the day, I was right and you were wrong because bot hthe MOD and Jason DeMarco agreed with me this idea was bull#### and will never happen. And if I do the math right, that's more AGAINST illegal than for. Say what you will, this tweet should solve everything:

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/244193814774964224

SwimHELPeR
Da_Killa_Ounze

Reply to TaiChiChaser - Message ID#: 65940402

See your off topic again, I stated in my first post I did not support this thread, I didn't think it was acceptable for Toonami, or the boards.Also no-one ever said it was going to happen, so there you go twisting things around again. This is the last time I say this, have a good day.

*end of our conversation*

The Cleveland Show

SwimNerd
TaiChiChaser

Reply to Da_Killa_Ounze - Message ID#: 65940416

Yeah, now you end it after I give you solid proof it'll never happen. xD

SwimHELPeR
Da_Killa_Ounze

Reply to TaiChiChaser - Message ID#: 65940430

Can you just not read? I never wanted it to happen. I was against the idea from the start, I stated that in my first post, I just thought it was a funny idea.

That's all it was, is just a playful idea from a user,

You lied and said it was a rumor to DeMarco, so if that makes you feel good then more power to you

This is exactly why I am done talking to you.

Like I side you just lie and twist things around to suit your opinion/argument, although you never once responded to fact you just lied and put words in my mouth or tried to switch things around.

Trust me, I am not backing down because your logic bested me, I am just sick of your lies and twisting things around.

The Cleveland Show