Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimPunk
johnnyhavoc

Adultswim shop closed!

Hope you bought all your patches, cuff links, ties, onesies, t-shirts and mugs for Venture bros because the Adultswim store is closed. Already articles and reviews concerning the shop are out and a common thread between them is the price and how long it took to receive your ordered items.  It is rather sad that a shop for so many fun shows couldn't remain open. I know personally others will pick up the slack on the merchandise but allow me to rant for a moment.

Adultswim needs people whose sole job it is to develop products for their programs. Time and again people in the fan community have requested more items be made or become available but sadly very little is done. These persons need to examine the demographics of the show's fan base, attend some conventions, see how the show is received in the blogosphere. Then they can work on ideas, find manufacturers, develop the product, then market and sell the product. I for one would love this job. The massive obstacle that seems to be in the way is all the legalities and negotiations that would have to take place before anything got done. For Venture Bros alone I'm sure CNE, Adultswim and the creators would all have to be consulted and reach an agreement. Then comes the negotiations of who gets what cut and enter the lawyers. Again sadly because it seems like too much work or the infrastructure doesn't currently exist or a fair amount of apathy resides amongst influencial parties nothing is getting done. And who loses out? Everyone.

So congratulations, if you own some official merchandise already they are now collector's items.

Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Re: Adultswim shop closed!

Reply to johnnyhavoc - Message ID#: 64162625

DRD2001 makes excellent merchandise. Sure, it's fan merchandise, but it's as good a grade as they stuff they sold here. I'll upload some pictures one of these days.

the People's Republic of Venturethe Forum | the Site | the WiKi | the Twitter

The-Big-Steamy-Thing wrote:
Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.

SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

Reply to FieryDoom - Message ID#: 64174279

You can also point people in the direction of her LiveJournal.
([]o)   Your friendly neighborhood lycanthrope (and part-time lava man)   ([]o)
Read my interview with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer: Seeing More Venture Bros. in HD
"I didn't tell them to go die...you can live from jumping off a bridge...that's why I chose a bridge :smileysad:" --KibaWar
"If I made a thread about Suicide, specifically asking what kind of gun would be best to use to kill yourself
with, would I be banned? I'm not interested in killing myself to be honest. Just curious." --TsumeBlue

TAD GHOSTAL SAVES LIVES -- Memoirs of a SwimWerewolf
Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 64174407

yeah, that works too.

Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.

SwimPunk
johnnyhavoc

Cinemastery Studios

These guys are working to provide 1:1 replicas, props or cosplay items for Venture Bros fans. Already they're making speedsuits, henchmen hoodies, henchmen masks and accessories and soon they'll have Dr. Girlfriend lingerie.

Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

only thing is, is that merchandise licensed?

SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

Reply to FieryDoom - Message ID#: 64178069

Highly doubtful.
Read my interview with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer: Seeing More Venture Bros. in HD
"I didn't tell them to go die...you can live from jumping off a bridge...that's why I chose a bridge :smileysad:" --KibaWar
"If I made a thread about Suicide, specifically asking what kind of gun would be best to use to kill yourself
with, would I be banned? I'm not interested in killing myself to be honest. Just curious." --TsumeBlue

Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 64178121

Then the difference between DRD and this guy is that she gives away her merch for free, no profit involved.

This guy.... well, $50 for a hoodie.

SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

Reply to FieryDoom - Message ID#: 64189123

And she pays for it all out of her own pocket.

Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 64189131

and contributions from loving fans.

SwimPunk
johnnyhavoc

No they're not licensed, like most of the items you find on ebay, cafe press, redbubble and so on. You get into this odd scenario of if there were enough licensed merchandise items there would be no need for unofficial merch but since there isn't somewhere, somehow people are going to take up the slack.  The hoodies look to be $35+$6 for shipping. Different items for different tastes I suppose. I have a couple vinyl badge tags and fridge magnets from DRD2001 they're in my VB shrine. I've read the feedback for the other people's stuff on etsy and everyone seems impressed. I think its good people are finding ways to show their enthusiasm for this show. I know years ago DRD was inquiring about how to get official licensing for stuff. I suppose it was a dead end. Glad some people never give up.

Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Reply to johnnyhavoc - Message ID#: 64196377

I'm not saying it's crappy merchandise and that people are getting ripped off, just that it's kinda... well, wrong. i mean, if someone makes an unofficial piece of merchandise and i want it no matter what, i'm going to pay for it, and to me, it could be the most awesome merchandise I've ever bought, but what about the show creators? In some respects, i could give less of a crap what money adult swim makes because they make lots of it. they're losing out on $100 in profit from merchandise, so what? it's over-priced from what i can buy an amazon, so who gives? on the other hand, man, i really want to reward doc and jackson for all the work and effort the put into this show, so i gotta go with at least a legitimate way to support them, which means buying over-priced stuff from [as]. And did I buy some? Yes, ask any of the contest winners over at the PRoV. I spent a good amount on merch to give away to other fans who love this show as much as i do.

and then there are instances where people are just plain ripped off. I don't remember which member of the PRoV had a sig they made themselves get ripped off and put on a shirt that was being sold on e-bay. Did I report that user to e-bay? hell yeah. If you're going to sell stuff based on a  show, at least come up with your own art work or toy or whatever. don't steal someone else's idea, print it, iron it onto a shirt, and then charge $25.00 for it and claim it as your own. same thing happened with the shirt club; some lowlife probably subscribed to the shirt club and then copied the design and was selling them on e-bay. so, eh, i am really not comfortable buying from someone that isn't officially licensed to sell merchandise.

SwimArbiter
SwimMod_Muse

Reply to johnnyhavoc - Message ID#: 64176565

It's a violation of the Terms of Use to advertise stuff for sale on the boards, whether licensed or not.

SwimPunk
Ryokazoid

Good riddance. Everything they had in the shop was overpriced garbage. 

cleans your balls
SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

Reply to Ryokazoid - Message ID#: 64588793

I admit that the Finer Things collection was something of a misstep (really, you're going out of your way to sell things that are more expensive?), but things like the Shop-exclusive DVDs were fairly reasonable. What really killed them was the unavoidable shipping charges. If they had instituted a policy where, say, any order over $50 got free shipping, I imagine they would have sold a lot more stuff.

SwimHELPeR
DoomsDayDevice

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 64592227

yeah, shipping isn't that expensive, and i think they sent everything over regular mail.

IMMA RAIN HOT DOOM DOWN UPON YOU!

Visit The Pillow Fort

You're dead to me.

SwimSuperfan
slymenstra_hymen

Q_Q

If I had a heart I could love you
Facebook
LOL Korea..
SwimNub
kandiblades666

But now where am I supposed to buy my Squidbillies merch? :'(

SwimPunk
Killface777

Aww I havn't been on the site in years and just when I was wanting to look into that stuff again it's gone.  In fact the last thing I got was when It was called williamsstreet.com.  It was the adult swim thermal.   I still have it :smileyhappy:

Sometime in 1999 I let God in my heart...
Sometime in early 2002 I Iet adult swim in my heart...
I wish they would stop fighting.
-Got Swim?
SwimPunk
thirdman

Does Adult Swim have any official store or merchandise distributor, or is the only way to get show dvds and merchandise to go through random retailers?

SwimHELPeR
Milarkie

Reply to thirdman - Message ID#: 67429449

Adult Swim did have a website dedicated to selling their own merchandise; however, that website is now gone. Warner Bros, is technically the distributor now I'd say. Retailers are your best bet at this point. I know Rightstuf.com sells DVDs of the shows and some other merch. In fact they have a sale on Warner Bros DVDs right now. They havent posted an end date for the sale as far as I know.

nnnnnnnnnnnnn[†ħę мλй] [†нέ Μγτђ] [†ћë Łēğέηđ][†ħę мλй] [†нέ Μγτђ] [†ћë Łēğέηđ][†ħę мλй] [†нέ Μγτђ] [†ћë Łēğέηđ]