Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Candy Thief
The-Big-Steamy-Thing

Re: The Silent Partners Episode Discussion

Reply to Eloot - Message ID#: 57129632

Eloot wrote:

Is there any reason why Billy and White think the Investors are vampires?

It's all about first impressions. Is there any reason why Hank and Dean thought Dr. Orpheus was a vampire the first time they met him?
In case you're wondering, no, I do not celebrate Wookiee Life Day. Wookiee Life Day is for simps.

"You just can't look at the world the same way once you've seen a rainbow-maned pony in bondage gear being sodomized by charmander." -GoDanceInARiver
Hell's Minions
DoomsDayDevice

Reply to SwankyShiva - Message ID#: 57127782

SwankyShiva wrote:

Yeah Billy got a doctorate, and he got laid by three hot hookers. Things are on the up and up for the quizboy finally. And hey, Brock actually likes his job. I've been noticing things this season that suggest a breaking away from the failure motif. Other obvious examples are Hank and 21. And the bad guys are getting their **BOO** together, too. I'm not saying that any of the characters are completely redeeming themselves, but we've seen many of them succeed here and there. Anybody else notice this trend in season 4?

for everyone except dean, because he's a wuss.

IMMA RAIN HOT DOOM DOWN UPON YOU!

Visit The Pillow Fort

You're dead to me.

Candy Thief
The-Big-Steamy-Thing

Reply to DoomsDayDevice - Message ID#: 57132076

Why are you always so down on Dean?
In case you're wondering, no, I do not celebrate Wookiee Life Day. Wookiee Life Day is for simps.

"You just can't look at the world the same way once you've seen a rainbow-maned pony in bondage gear being sodomized by charmander." -GoDanceInARiver
Aunt Norma's Urn
Ampoliros

Reply to The-Big-Steamy-Thing - Message ID#: 57132492

Spoiler

Because he is a wuss.

The only thing he did this season that was constructive was to stand up to his dad, who ignored him.  Give him time, Dean just takes a little longer to come around.  I bet he gets some love in the finale.

the Nozzle is still calibrating...
Zombie Slayer
SwankyShiva

Reply to Ampoliros - Message ID#: 57132612

Yeah Dean has to come around eventually. He's had too many good one-liners for me to give up hope. Kids gotta step into The Court of The Crimson King, then we'll see a different side of him.

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to DragonBeardX05 - Message ID#: 57116240

DragonBeardX05 wrote:

I wonder if Brock is serious about killing Monstroso...

Why didn't Brock kill Monstroso when he was teamed up with 21? My best guess is that he didn't know he was tied to The Investors yet, so S.P.H.I.N.X. had no reason to pop him.

Howl of the Hobgoblin
FieryDoom

Reply to The-Big-Steamy-Thing - Message ID#: 57132492

The-Big-Steamy-Thing wrote:

because he's craptastic.

the People's Republic of Venturethe Forum | the Site | the WiKi | the Twitter

Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.

Scaredy Cat
DivisionofJoy

[ Edited ]

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 57133650

Kaljinyu wrote:

DragonBeardX05 wrote:

I wonder if Brock is serious about killing Monstroso...

Why didn't Brock kill Monstroso when he was teamed up with 21? My best guess is that he didn't know he was tied to The Investors yet, so S.P.H.I.N.X. had no reason to pop him.

BOOM! yummy.

The other reasons why they couldn't kill him; He is registered with the guild so if they had killed him the sovereign woulda been all over that, He's the head of a rather large legitimate corporation to have killed him then would've brought way to much attention. At the time.

all they needed to do was persuade him not to go fuuuuuudge with venture and the monarch.

Audrey Ann Wickliffe
September 12, 1989 - June 25, 2011
bye my hippie

Please...

The Lockin

Yeah! Well my boot wants to join up with your ass, and I'm about to throw them a shotgun wedding!

The Hangar Bay

Basement Troll
Bookygirl

[ Edited ]

Reply to DoomsDayDevice - Message ID#: 57115268

DoomsDayDevice wrote:

VoodooPowder wrote:

I dont think so, based on his smoking and sheer size, its no wonder he would have heart problems, he also says something about "working himself to death" Also, at the begining of Pinstripes&Poltergeists The investors are already in his office, leading me to believe he already had some kind of business with them, it may have been the heart deal with king gorilla or it may have been something else, but id lean towards the investors being in his office to make the heart deal. Yes im sure it's THE investors in his office, before he says Veil yourself gentlemen, this is guild business, you can see their faces.

and then we find out that KG's lung cancer had metastecized to KG's heart, so Monstroso is screwed anyway. :smileyvery-happy:

I would love it if Killinger were also somehow associated with the Investors.

Which makes since. Think about it.

Here's what might have happened, Killinger told Monstrso that he had given K.G. a poision that mimiced cancer, when infact K.G. really did have cancer. Lung cancer (which I assume what K.G. had) can enter into the heart in terminal cases. Monstroso, believeing Killinger takes that heart and may die within a few months because of it.

If that's the case I think it's because Monstroso was getting in the way of something, due do his being both a lawyer and a Guild member he'd literaly know all the loopeholes to both get himself out of trouble and get anyone who gets in his way in trouble with the Guild or the Law. So maybe he was blocking KIillinger from something he wanted and Killinger needed to get him out of the way.

Scaredy Cat
ShadowGuy6

Reply to FieryDoom - Message ID#: 57134850

FieryDoom wrote:

because he's craptastic.

So craptastic that they did a Craptastic Voyage homage.

"Oh yeah, you can never have enough precision in your soup".
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
"See? You could pull that trigger, but you totally wouldn't want to"
Haunted Hay Ride
JanisJopleyBird

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 57142730

No one has brought this up yet but it was a smart move keeping Rusty out of this episode. He may well be a very different man when we see him next after Assisted Suicide.

Zombie Slayer
diner_hick

Reply to JanisJopleyBird - Message ID#: 57158778

Good point -- im not looking for a whole successful, -post Dr. Phil - Rusty, but it would be cool to see a change in his character -- he reeeally needs it - and deserves it. and so do we.

Good night you princes of Venture, you kings of sleep over.