Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimPunk
KFUKradio

V B Season 1 & 2 Uncensored version? Easter eggs?

What's the deal with the censorship in the VB DVD's?  I understand why censorship exists on cable TV, even though I strongly disagree with any form of censorship, but why does the censorship follow the programs from television to the DVD's?  That just seems really wrong to me. Beeping language, blurring nudity, why carry the censorship over to a medium which isn't controlled by the F'ing FCC?  Is there an uncut uncensored version of season 1 & 2 that I just didn't notice, or an Easter egg type feature that allows the episodes to be seen in their glorious entirety?

And has anyone found any Easter eggs on either set of discs other than the mention of "Monarch" in the commentaries?

Aside from the censorship on the DVD's this is one of the greatest purchases I've made in a while.  This is one of the smartest and well developed animated comedies of all time.

SwimHELPeR
Legato45

Re: V B Season 1 & 2 Uncensored version? Easte

Reply to KFUKradio - Message ID#: 45010675

Not sure what you mean by The Monarch bit, but some things, like nudity and swearing, can be used comically.

And, honestly, do you really wanna see Brock's package, much less The Monarch's?

And the bleeping is better to me; I'd rather hear some say "You crazy son of a **bleep**" then "You crazy son of a bitch."  (dodged for example)

But maybe that's just me, and I'm pretty sure that Doc cusses up a storm in the commentary sometimes.

Cowboy Ninjas Studio
SwimPunk
Dialock

I'm sure that the censorship of nudity is part of the comedy...I mean comeon! the monarch...that long?  Swearing may also be a part of the intended comedy.  Isn't this show suppose to be a agglomeration of parodies based on the cartoons we of this generation grew up with?  I mean, Johnny Quest...saying fuuuuuudge? Of course it'd be censored...the fact he would swear is funny enough.  The censorship just adds to it.
SwimPunk
KFUKradio

Reply to Legato45 - Message ID#: 45011144

I don't know.  I just figure that when you buy a DVD of a television program it should either be uncensored or have the option to watch it uncensored.  The Boondocks is uncensored on DVD and so is Family Guy.  In fact the Stewie Griffin movie has the feature to decide between theatrical or uncensored.  And no, I don't especially want to see Brock or The Monarchs junk, however I have always found it ridiculous to censor animated nudity.  I mean C'mon,  they're cartoons.  I could see if it was something like Angel Blade or Night Shift Nurses.

Oh, and the thing about the "Monarch", in one of the commentaries one of the guys brings up Easter eggs and mentions "The Monarch".  I haven't heard the commentary myself but someone mentioned it in one of these message boards and said they couldn't figure the Easter egg out.  They said that was basically all that was said about it.  I would guess you would press the ok button on the remote when the Monarch appears at some point, or when the word Monarch is spoken, but I haven't spent any time listening to the commentaries or trying to figure that one out yet.

Anyway, I do think censorship can be comical in certain situations and premises, but I really think there should be a way to watch the entire series uncensored.

Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Reply to Legato45 - Message ID#: 45011144

A certain episode of Jerry Springer pops to mind, having to do with censoring. You'd be watching some poor failure of the human race cussing up a storm and all you could here was **bleep** **bleep****bleep** you **bleep****bleep****bleep****bleep****bleep** mother **bleep****bleep****bleep** in the **bleep****bleep****bleep****bleep****bleep** and I would always laugh my butt off at that. Something about the **bleep** sound instead of speech makes it very much funnier. Also, I do not want to see The Monarch's/Gathers/Rusty's/Brock's dingus.
the People's Republic of Venturethe Forum | the Site | the WiKi | the Twitter

The-Big-Steamy-Thing wrote:
Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.

SwimLegend
DRD2001

I'm pretty sure the Easter egg comment was a joke. The guys do that a lot.

As for the censorship, it's kind of funny that so many people want to see the eps uncensored when there isn't anything to see. These guys have a pretty good idea of what's going to get blacked out, so they don't really put much effort into drawing in body parts that will only be edited out. And obviously, they've been having fun with the black bars, as was evidenced when Rusty stripped and stepped into Hatred whirlpool. The shrinking black bar was hilarious.

The Venture Compound Join Today! Henchwench #26 - Fluttering Hordes
Bloody destruction by a hellbent butterfly.-itsacoaster
"shut yer mod hole" - Ceej to Luuv
SwimNerd
ItAintNohowPermanent

KFUKradio wrote:

What's the deal with the censorship in the VB DVD's?  I understand why censorship exists on cable TV, even though I strongly disagree with any form of censorship, but why does the censorship follow the programs from television to the DVD's?  That just seems really wrong to me. Beeping language, blurring nudity, why carry the censorship over to a medium which isn't controlled by the F'ing FCC?  Is there an uncut uncensored version of season 1 & 2 that I just didn't notice, or an Easter egg type feature that allows the episodes to be seen in their glorious entirety?

And has anyone found any Easter eggs on either set of discs other than the mention of "Monarch" in the commentaries?

Aside from the censorship on the DVD's this is one of the greatest purchases I've made in a while.  This is one of the smartest and well developed animated comedies of all time.

The easter egg comment was a joke.  There is no "part 1" of Escape to the House of Mummies.

I'm honestly really puzzled as to why you're so upset about not getting to see a cartoon character's HA HA HA HA.  I mean, seriously, dude, you really really wanna see cartoon ding-dongs.  You are furious that you have not seen as many animated wing-wangs as you previously desired.  

Bong hits for the entire University!

YOUR GOD IS CLEARLY PUNISHING YOU FOR NOT LISTENING TO ME

SwimHELPeR
Legato45

Reply to ItAintNohowPermanent - Message ID#: 45020095

If that's what radio is talking about then yeah, there is no part 1, much less a part 3, for Escape to the House of Mummies, which is supposed to be a joke.
Cowboy Ninjas Studio
Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Reply to Legato45 - Message ID#: 45020235

I so wish there was a part 1
the People's Republic of Venturethe Forum | the Site | the WiKi | the Twitter

The-Big-Steamy-Thing wrote:
Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.

SwimHipster
Plant13

I think you could have come up with at least 10 more names for the male sex organs that would not be censored!How about no no's?
If i have to explain you wouldnt understand
Peoples Republic of Venture Henchman # 13
SwimLegend
DRD2001

Re: V B Season 1 & 2 Uncensored version?

ItAintNohowPermanent wrote:

you really really wanna see cartoon ding-dongs. 

And this, dear children, is why ATHF aired "Dickisode". More cartoon tallywackers than you can shake a vacuum cleaner nozzle at.

The Venture Compound Join Today! Henchwench #26 - Fluttering Hordes
Bloody destruction by a hellbent butterfly.-itsacoaster
"shut yer mod hole" - Ceej to Luuv
SwimStar
ShadowGuy6

Re: V B Season 1 & 2 Uncensored version?

Reply to DRD2001 - Message ID#: 45024735

That was the funniest episode of ATHF.
"Oh yeah, you can never have enough precision in your soup".
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
"See? You could pull that trigger, but you totally wouldn't want to"
SwimHELPeR
Explosivo_420

hey i bought season 2 for 14.99 did i get a good deal?
I am EXPLOSIVO the greatest Hepler of them all. I am the guardian of these boards:
Squidbillies | Mr. Pickles | Loiter Squad | King Star King | Black Jesus
SwimStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to Explosivo_420 - Message ID#: 45028721

If it was new, then it was a good price.  itunes and most stores have it at 19.99.
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
SwimHELPeR
Explosivo_420

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 45029152

Best Buy marked down from 2299
I am EXPLOSIVO the greatest Hepler of them all. I am the guardian of these boards:
SwimStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to Explosivo_420 - Message ID#: 45029220

Right on.  The first time I bought it, I paid 24.99 and then after that one was stolen, I thought about buying it on itunes, but realized that I wouldn't have the special features and so I paid 19.99 at target.
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
SwimHELPeR
Explosivo_420

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 45029571

oh wait i got it for 16, still a good deal

i saw it and said to myself, "Explosivo, you will get this eventually and this is te best you could probably do" 

SwimHipster
PolarPenguin

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 45029571

Man, I hate itunes. You can't burn anything to DVD, and you get crappy @$$ resolution for expensive. Did they steal anything else other thn the ATHF DVD, Shadow?
Chappi_The_Rabbit wrote:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Mod when I lay my bantstick upon thee."

SwimStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to PolarPenguin - Message ID#: 45040374

I had complimented the d!ckesode ATHF episode in a previous post, but I thought we were talking about VB season 2.  I've never had an ATHF DVD.  They took that and few other movie DVDs.  I don't even remember which ones.  I only lamented the loss of the VB disk and my trust in my fellow man.
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
SwimNerd
juanaanime

[ Edited ]

If i recall from the commentaries, (it's been a while, so I may  be mistaken) the black boxes always were part of the animation; there are no schlongs or 8008!es. Hence, no "uncensored" version.

Personally, I like the censorship. We all still know what was said or shown, but there's just a little sophistication to it. Gore and butts are great, but what is so refreshing about VB is that it doesn't have to rely on it to intrigue us.

Message Edited by juanaanime on 07-23-2008 11:14 PM
Henchwench #137 of the Fluttering Hordes
Viva TiVO!!
SwimHipster
PolarPenguin

Reply to juanaanime - Message ID#: 45046636

eh, have you ever seen Peter Griffin naked? Or any of the other characters FG characters naked. They don't even have any genitals.
Chappi_The_Rabbit wrote:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Mod when I lay my bantstick upon thee."

SwimStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to PolarPenguin - Message ID#: 45058457

Peter has genitals as he has 2 kids (:smileytongue: Pbbbbt was someone else's).  His body fat is just perfectly sized to cover it up without relying on black bars.  Even Stewie has junk, but as he tells Brian, it's not cold, he's just really really small.

S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
SwimHipster
PolarPenguin

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 45058748

I thought Loise was a hermaphrodite? No normal couple, no matter how fu%@ed up, can have kids like those.
Chappi_The_Rabbit wrote:

SwimStar
ShadowGuy6

Reply to PolarPenguin - Message ID#: 45058811

Oh Snap.  I forgot about the M.eg filter.   :smileytongue: Pbbbbt
S.H.O.T.T.S. #69
SwimHipster
PolarPenguin

Reply to ShadowGuy6 - Message ID#: 45058946

I know, what the fuck is up with that?
Chappi_The_Rabbit wrote: