Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimPunk
willard

When is the new season coming?

[ Edited ]

I have some questions for the bigger Venture Brother fans, I have some big question on the episode (The Orb) now the the Orb in question in this last season wasin real right, the body guard in like the early 1900's broke it, and said I'm sorry sir I was order to kill you if you activated the orb, so when rusty found it he knew it wasn't real that just proves he is a real scientist, but that's not what I am talking about from what I said it means:

Number 1: (Landau) you know the big Asian fellow Dr Venture Senior bodyguard, kill Dr Venture Senior for no reason.

Number 2: Dr Venture Senior is still alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeeQwve_TG8&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYORPZazxg
Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Re: When is the new season coming?

Reply to willard - Message ID#: 60912238

willard wrote:

I have some questions for the bigger Venture Brother fans, I have some big question on the episode (The Orb) now the the Orb in question in this last season wasin real right, the body guard in like the early 1900's broke it, and said I'm sorry sir I was order to kill you if you activated the orb, so when rusty found it he knew it wasn't real that just proves he is a real scientist, but that's not what I am talking about from what I said it means:

Number 1: (Landau) you know the big Asian fellow Dr Venture Senior bodyguard, kill Dr Venture Senior for no reason.

Number 2: Dr Venture Senior is still alive.

new season.

Kano?

Jonas Venture

the People's Republic of Venturethe Forum | the Site | the WiKi | the Twitter

The-Big-Steamy-Thing wrote:
Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.

SwimNerd
mikerhoa

To be perfectly honest with you,

I still don't get the whole ORB story arc. If it was such a major aspect of the Ventureverse (it received prominent treatment in multiple episodes) then why did it ultimately amount to a hill of bullsh*t?

The fact that major VB proponents like Brock, the original Team Venture, The Guild, and several other main characters were dispatched to go on a wild goose chase really doesn't make any sense. So it wouldn't be surprising at all if they revisited that stuff in the next two seasons.

So to answer your post, IMHO it could be two things:

1. An unfinished story arc that surely will be resolved and completed

-or-

2. A flaccid and utterly ridiculous waste of time that went pretty much nowhere....

I know that I haven't shed any light on the things you want to know but I just want to let it be known that you aren't the only one who was perplexed by this. I guess, in the end, we're just going to have to wait and find out.....

whoever laughs the most wins............
SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

[ Edited ]

Reply to mikerhoa - Message ID#: 60979876

As Jackson and Doc said on one of the commentaries (probably on the episode "The Revenge Society"), the ORB thing wasn't meant to be this all-encompassing, anime-like "collect all the shards" quest-type plot. It was just another way for them to highlight their show's themes of failure/unrealized potential and the way the past can haunt people in the present. The fact that the ORB is irrevocably broken fits in perfectly with the way the Venture Universe is set up.
([]o)   Your friendly neighborhood lycanthrope (and part-time lava man)   ([]o)
Read my interview with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer: Seeing More Venture Bros. in HD
"I didn't tell them to go die...you can live from jumping off a bridge...that's why I chose a bridge :smileysad:" --KibaWar
"If I made a thread about Suicide, specifically asking what kind of gun would be best to use to kill yourself
with, would I be banned? I'm not interested in killing myself to be honest. Just curious." --TsumeBlue

TAD GHOSTAL SAVES LIVES -- Memoirs of a SwimWerewolf
SwimHELPeR
DoomsDayDevice

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 60979988

What that  /|\  guy said.

IMMA RAIN HOT DOOM DOWN UPON YOU!

Visit The Pillow Fort

You're dead to me.

SwimNub
tobyist

Reply to DoomsDayDevice - Message ID#: 60987156

Confusing several characters in the original post.. Sandow was Venture's bodyguard during the era when it was simply "The Guild", and is one of many lumanaries from the time in The Guild including Alastair Crowley and Mark Twain iirc.  Eugen Sandow was one of the first 'strong men' type guys.  

Cano was Jonas Venture Seniors bodyguard.  (His name being a play on Kano, the Green Hornets bodyguard as well as Inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther's bodyguard and also the fact that he spits flame out of his mouth .. Vol - Cano)

IGNORE ME!
SwimHELPeR
ZorakFan3271

mikerhoa wrote:

To be perfectly honest with you,

I still don't get the whole ORB story arc. If it was such a major aspect of the Ventureverse (it received prominent treatment in multiple episodes) - it was only in two episodes - ORB and Revenge Society. ther why did it ultimately amount to a hill of bullsh*t?

The fact that major VB proponents like Brock, the original Team Venture, The Guild, and several other main characters were dispatched to go on a wild goose chase really doesn't make any sense. So it wouldn't be surprising at all if they revisited that stuff in the next two seasons.

So to answer your post, IMHO it could be two things:

1. An unfinished story arc that surely will be resolved and completed

-or-

2. A flaccid and utterly ridiculous waste of time that went pretty much nowhere....

I know that I haven't shed any light on the things you want to know but I just want to let it be known that you aren't the only one who was perplexed by this. I guess, in the end, we're just going to have to wait and find out.....

I need a break from the internet
SwimPunk
willard

VENCHMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeeQwve_TG8&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYORPZazxg
SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

Reply to willard - Message ID#: 61054402

I LUFF MEIN JOB!
([]o)   Your friendly neighborhood lycanthrope (and part-time lava man)   ([]o)
Read my interview with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer: Seeing More Venture Bros. in HD
"I didn't tell them to go die...you can live from jumping off a bridge...that's why I chose a bridge :smileysad:" --KibaWar
"If I made a thread about Suicide, specifically asking what kind of gun would be best to use to kill yourself
with, would I be banned? I'm not interested in killing myself to be honest. Just curious." --TsumeBlue

TAD GHOSTAL SAVES LIVES -- Memoirs of a SwimWerewolf
SwimHipster
ToonDude

Everytime someone asks when the new season will premiere the date will be pushed back by a week.

The best shows are always short lived.

Perfect Hair Forever | Mission Hill | Stroker and Hoop | Titan Maximum |